August 18th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance - Page 6 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

August 18th Ragnarok RE:START Maintenance

196 replies to this topic

#126 SeriouslyCiri

SeriouslyCiri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:51 PM

Reinstalled still fail to connect to server. I really hope I don't have to go through what I did last time.

#127 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

Can GM now work on tracking down the zeny buying players and have them wiped clean?

It is trackable somehow? This would be a great second step to stopping the bot developers from restarting if there client base is destroyed at this moment of thier weakness. A knockout punch.

Thank you.

#128 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:52 PM

The bot developers will work hard regardless bud.

Theyre losing money daily not having the farms running.

They will work for bypass for sure but you'll need to buy more time as well... While airstrike topic does not cleaning bots, some are caught because they simply not track this forum often to see which map reported. They mostly active on "certain" social media so they need to not informed well to delay their schedule....

#129 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

Reinstalled still fail to connect to server. I really hope I don't have to go through what I did last time.

Check the first post then PM me.

#130 supremexpalace

supremexpalace

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

Can GM now work on tracking down the zeny buying players and have them wiped clean?

It is trackable somehow? This would be a great second step to stopping the bot developers from restarting if there client base is destroyed at this moment of thier weakness. A knockout punch.

Thank you.

i dont think it is trackable anymore. 

#131 SeriouslyCiri

SeriouslyCiri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

Check the first post then PM me.

Yup! Pmed

#132 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

We have a server of less then 2000 people active now, some vendors some dual client. An even smaller number. Should be much easier to track and find out who is RMTing.

#133 hungrymuch

hungrymuch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:11 PM

The bot developers will work hard regardless bud.

Theyre losing money daily not having the farms running.

That's nothing tbh, the main problem were the players abusing them for their own gain, the gold sellers are not even this intrusive. I can't believe i'm saying this but they aren't, this mass was just player abuse so if that stops stops we should be fine if it's just a couple of botters not this mess we had.

#134 Ashhen

Ashhen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

did you also kill the Ragi al bot? cause the page hasnt updated the price afther the patch

#135 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:12 PM

ragial is a bot and bots cant connect.

#136 ZolpidemSleep

ZolpidemSleep

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

LISTEN. This is the best UPDATE you guys ever did! NO MATTER WHAT OTHERS SAY, THIS IS THE BEST THING NO BOTS, THEY ARE GONE. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS, KEEP DOING THESE ANTI BOT SYSTEMS. The maps are clean of them, it's so much enjoyable to play now.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 18 August 2017 - 09:00 PM.
Merged posts

#137 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:16 PM

That's nothing tbh, the main problem were the players abusing them for their own gain, the gold sellers are not even this intrusive. I can't believe i'm saying this but they aren't, this mass was just player abuse so if that stops stops we should be fine if it's just a couple of botters not this mess we had.

There isnt enough active people to create the 8k bot population loss we just saw. It is mostly RMT farms. And there is a lot of RMTING going on in the top tier, especially at how low the prices got, $2 USD per 1mil at one point. Disgusting. 

#138 LinkD

LinkD

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:17 PM

So, I was able to log in an set up my shop, then i disconnected (my phone died and i was using it for internet), then when i try to log in I am banned, saying "This account has been used for illegal program or hacking program". What should I do? (no i have never botted)

Edit: I can log in again

Edited by LinkD, 18 August 2017 - 05:41 PM.

#139 supremexpalace

supremexpalace

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

We have a server of less then 2000 people active now, some vendors some dual client. An even smaller number. Should be much easier to track and find out who is RMTing.

yes from now on i think we can track them, but with 8k players on trades hard to find someone who is RMT

#140 Wolfen

Wolfen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

Camp, i know this is a temporal measure, but i just want to thank you for actually listening to the players cry for help. I know this is only a temporal solution, but nevertheless a one in the right way. Dont give up

https://s-media-cach...de76eaca9ac.gif

#141 Wil676

Wil676

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:35 PM

@ Campitor
I cant still log in. I redownload and still showing this "Failed to connect to file server"

#142 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:Odin ReStart

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

Thank you.

Sure, let's wipe clean all of the pay2win people that buy Kafra Shop items with real money and sell them ingame too.  :no1:

Personally, I was pretty excited to see the Orc Dungeon field map not littered with filth for the 2 minutes I was able to log on.

Worry about the bots not the players. We need the players. They'll cave and $$$>WPE/KP>Silvervine>Zeny the right way once the bots are gone, don't worry.

#143 Wyrd1

Wyrd1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:47 PM

campitor can u add this game feature http://browiki.org/w...álogo_de_Vendas  ?? since we have no more ragial....

#144 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:51 PM

Sure, let's wipe clean all of the pay2win people that buy Kafra Shop items with real money and sell them ingame too.  :no1:

Personally, I was pretty excited to see the Orc Dungeon field map not littered with filth for the 2 minutes I was able to log on.

Worry about the bots not the players. We need the players. They'll cave and $$$>WPE/KP>Silvervine>Zeny the right way once the bots are gone, don't worry.

Selling Silvervine for zeny is the way it was intended to be. Players who buyzeny with USD bypass the donations to WP, affecting everyone and the servers health. RMTers can GTFO theyre in it for themselves not the community.

#145 theRagnarokDude

theRagnarokDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:Odin ReStart

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

Selling Silvervine for zeny is the way it was intended to be. Players who buyzeny with USD bypass the donations to WP, affecting everyone and the servers health. RMTers can GTFO theyre in it for themselves not the community.

Actually, subscription and no cash shop at all is the way it was intended to be. kthxbai.

#146 Wil676

Wil676

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:55 PM

@ Campitor
I cant still log in. I redownload and still showing this "Failed to connect to file server"

Campitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#147 TheAzureLight

TheAzureLight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationThe Abbys~
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:05 PM

Its quite scary that the places that were populated, are near baren now haha

looking at the current server population, i honestly dont know how i feel knowing that over 5k of them were indeed, actually bots.

Still feels good to level though~

(the market on the other hand...)

#148 ShaqJP

ShaqJP

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

I updated but everytime i try to launch the game through the updater it just closes the updater and the game runs on the background but won't open, have to close it by the task manager.
But yay not bots! Or players!

#149 deanmark

deanmark

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

cant find monk npc job change.
will it be implemented next week?

#150 kadiee

kadiee

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

cant find monk npc job change.
will it be implemented next week?

Path to 2-2 Classes

• Before we can start releasing 2-2 Classes we need to get WoE going. Currently the process is as follows:
    • WoE Test pt 2 (Announcement Soon)
    • Fix issues with WoE
    • WoE Launch
    • Launch Sage
    • Launch Monk
    • Currently it is looking like we will be launching Sage and Monk together in Mid to Late September to get the update schedule back on track.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users