Event WoE August 25th 2017 - Page 2 - News & Events - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Event WoE August 25th 2017

81 replies to this topic

#26 Refuze2lose

Refuze2lose

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 83 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

lul backslide in woe :no1:

tuesday/wednesday afternoon is literally the worst time possible considering N/A is probably the biggest playerbase of the server, and on top of that I would estimate that 80%+ of us are 20 somethings ( and some in their early 30's) that work or go to school and tuesday/wednesday are awful days for people who have those obligations. Saturday early'ish (not too early, because again school/work during the week) PST works best for the most players I'd wager.

#27 Xatasha

Xatasha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Server:Odin

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:11 PM

You guys make no sense about WoE being fine in the morning that sounds and is utterly dumb  :heh:  Do you guys not understand that no one wants to make it into a work schedule for WoE, I for one will not wake up early in the morning for an event. Come up with better times Warp Portal you guys are smarter than this I hope.  :p_hi:  :help:

Actually the server is generally quite busy on a saturday morning. Keeping in mind Saturday morning could realistically mean anything between 7am and 11am. If you're still asleep at 10 or 11 in the morning..... xD

#28 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

if u guys commited to woe, im sure whatever time it is, you guys will do the best u can to make it. i mean is a nice change

ive been woeing 5am in morning (4am if daylight saving) on monday for the past 2 years in classic lol. 

#29 eleeson

eleeson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:22 PM

So many no lifers. 

#30 Selvex

Selvex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:26 PM

Actually the server is generally quite busy on a saturday morning. Keeping in mind Saturday morning could realistically mean anything between 7am and 11am. If you're still asleep at 10 or 11 in the morning..... xD

I'm sorry I have a life and a family so this is just not the right times even if it is a weekend date if anything an afternoon time is the best. If it is a weekday date then they should indeed go towards where the population mainly is and that's NA soo an evening time is the best for weekdays.

if u guys commited to woe, im sure whatever time it is, you guys will do the best u can to make it. i mean is a nice change

ive been woeing 5am in morning (4am if daylight saving) on monday for the past 2 years in classic lol. 

Yeah, that sounds like you're a bit too committed, as I said I have a life that just isnt in the cards and if they do something as dumb as that they will lose a good part of their actual players just like how classic is now far down the drain.

#31 PlowMe

PlowMe

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

Please quit pulling the life card ... and just quit.

Both server woes are dead ... has nothing to do with the time.

#32 hungrymuch

hungrymuch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 05:43 PM

Well no -_- the server is busy, bot's don't sleep. Saturday morning is just not a good time. People wanna stay late on friday nights and not give a damn about the time they wake up on saturday.

#33 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:15 PM

Waking up in one thing, some people have work on Saturday mornings and those can't really be moved. I'd rather wake up at 5AM to WoE than not being able to WoE cause of work. 

#34 BestOneHere

BestOneHere

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

Well no -_- the server is busy, bot's don't sleep. Saturday morning is just not a good time. People wanna stay late on friday nights and not give a damn about the time they wake up on saturday.

Then you just don't woe...  :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm:  

People who don't care much for woe complaining about woe times makes no sense to me but have at it.

#35 hungrymuch

hungrymuch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:23 PM

Then you just don't woe...  :hmm:  :hmm:  :hmm:  

People who don't care much for woe complaining about woe times makes no sense to me but have at it.

I do want to woe, but it's a bit inconvenient to me and a lot of others. I don't see why we couldn't vote or take a survey or something to determine the best time from some list. The server isn't big so this can be definitely done. They can just set up an npc to do it, and leave an announcement about it every time you log in for like a few days. 

#36 Alstruction

Alstruction

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:54 PM

If you guys are gonna do Saturday mornings AT LEAST make it start 12pm PDT, I don't want to have to get up early every Saturday to WoE. As hungrymuch said, people in NA like staying up Friday nights.

Edited by Alstruction, 24 August 2017 - 09:26 PM.

#37 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

If you guys are gonna do Saturday mornings AT LEAST make it start 12pm PDT, I don't want to have to get up early every Saturday to WoE. As hungrymuch said, people in NA like staying up Friday nights.

That would make it really late for Asia and Oceania though.

Saturday mornings are the best time for all timezones, I actually gotta give WP props here for once.

Edit: different question though - is WP just testing mechanics and realms? Considering the time they chose makes it quite hard for people not from NA to attend, surely it can't be a stress test, seeing how inaccurate it would be...

Edited by Stephcake, 24 August 2017 - 10:33 PM.

#38 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:54 AM

Pretty sure they have login data to support their time decision.

Then again hopefully they recognize real player logins from bots. :heh:

#39 racerXclass

racerXclass

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:08 AM

Pretty sure they have login data to support their time decision.

Then again hopefully they recognize real player logins from bots. :heh:

lol  probably wont realize that til they see empty castles, dead woe.. If they start woe at early evening/dinner time saturday, NA time, thats gonna be around midnight in EU and breakfast in asia which is still pretty good considering its sunday the next day.

Edited by racerXclass, 25 August 2017 - 02:09 AM.

#40 MyVictories

MyVictories

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India
  • Server:Re:start

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:42 AM

My god, can the 'muricans here be a bit more understanding about final woe time? If you think "waking up on a Saturday morning" is a big problem, imagine making entire continents of players from Europe and Asia WOE at 3am or 4am.

There is a world outside the US, too. This is an international server and community. Please be mindful of that, and a bit adjusting and reasonable, like the rest of the world has been towards you. :)

Edited by MyVictories, 25 August 2017 - 03:42 AM.

#41 DrDaxxy

DrDaxxy

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:05 AM

Regarding times:

Can't you just set up a Doodle or whatever and actually ask the current WoE-aspiring guilds when their members have time?

#42 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:None.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:10 AM

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH. I dont care if Saturday or Sunday. But its not in the middle of the night for EU. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH <3

#43 roflcopter123456

roflcopter123456

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • Server:None.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:15 AM

Regarding times:

Can't you just set up a Doodle or whatever and actually ask the current WoE-aspiring guilds when their members have time?

No. Most People from EU including me didnt even join WoE Guilds because we expected stupid times. EU Guilds will grow up now and also more Players from EU which didnt take the risk to play ro without WoE will join now.

Also your WoE Guilds wont stay forever and these are not the ruler of the server. Its the smartest way to watch the playeramount on a graph and then decide about woe times, like they did. Also new players want to join WoE one day. So lets hope for a good decision so the time fit for most of the people including you. 

#44 Kureiya

Kureiya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • Server:IRO Chaos

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:16 AM

Lets do woe Sunday morning from 8-11pdt for start. I think that can be the best time for woe

#45 senpa1

senpa1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 825 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:17 AM

idk why anyone is complaining about Saturday morning. 

1. WoE has to be on Saturday or Sunday (suggesting a weekday is just retarded)

2. If it's not late morning/early afternoon it will be terrible for EU/Asia.

So given the 2 conditions there's only a few options. 

Edited by senpa1, 25 August 2017 - 07:17 AM.

#46 Macman1001

Macman1001

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:19 AM

Befor back in the day it used to be wensday and Saturday for woe 1 i liked thoses times and dates

#47 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:31 AM

Can you guys stop complaining about the WoE time? Whatever time Camp picks, there will always be unhappy customers. Sadly but nothing we can do about it. If it's Saturday morning server time like 8 am or 9 am, that'd be so nice.

Also fat pigs can't wake up in the morning lmfao

Edited by ChakriGuard, 25 August 2017 - 07:39 AM.

#48 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 August 2017 - 07:40 AM

I'm still wondering what's actually being tested - if it's just to check the mechanics and realms work fine, the time for the test is ok.

If it's supposed to be a stress test, it would make way more sense to do it at the time WoE will actually be at  :hmm:

#49 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

Family: "Wow you woke up early today. Going for a jog on this beautiful morning?"

Me: "NO I'M GOING TO WAR"

#50 eleeson

eleeson

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:42 AM

My god, what's with the white knights of RO? It is obvious that Saturday is ok, but the times are off. They can change the schedule to a later one instead of dropping a bomb without consulting the fanbase/community. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users