Want to stop bot? Enable Pk maps on some major botting Areas. - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Want to stop bot? Enable Pk maps on some major botting Areas.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#1 RainYu

RainYu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:54 PM

You cannot stop the bot cause their will always be a programmer better than yours. 

Just a thought why not test it. People will spend time warping bot on town maps like Yuno and sometimes real players are also being warp. Why not Enable some Botting maps to be PK mode. Such as outside Orc dun, Agiope area etc. This will atleast lessen the competitors of real players leveling on those area. They can just kill the bots.

Just a thought thou.

We had an Official Server before with some areas are PK enabled. Yes bots were not totally wiped but only few players place their bots their. 

And yes some bots also attack players when they are hit. So I mean just think of it as pvp mode and your opponent is a mindless program doing same patterns of attacks over and over again. Surely someone that can actually think will know how to defeat it (unless thinking is not your strong points).

Yes some bot have gears and other players have not. Then don't kill the bots with better gears than yours. It's not like your their to wipe them all that's impossible. The idea is to lessen them so that other real players have less competition in leveling up in those areas. Only few bots have heavy gears you know. Most are just weapon and pantie and undershirt (Surely you can kill most of them to lessen then).

Yes after killing them they will return, so what? Most of them you just need to kill them I mean using 2-4 skills against them may do the trick. You will only need less than 10 sec to kill them.

If your suggesting killing them 24/7 then that's a stupid idea. Just do it if your leveling to again lessen the competition on that particular maps. After your done leveling then don't bother with them, just do it again when your leveling.

Remember mindless bot are easily to kill. Not all botters are hardcore programmers. (Again the idea is to lessen the bots so that real players can level more, not to totally wipe them).

Edited by RainYu, 31 August 2017 - 07:54 PM.

#2 MetalKitten

MetalKitten

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

Since we're requesting private server functionality, I'd also like for Kaho's Horns to be implemented as a donator-only item.

Thanks!

#3 abar

abar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

What if the bots also triggers all kill in that map and outnumbered you and they have more better equipment than u Boom dead.

#4 Hagges

Hagges

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:13 PM

too exploitable by dickheads

#5 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

I agree implement this plz

#6 Ace0fSpad3S

Ace0fSpad3S

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:18 PM

the best anti bot system  >       604.gif         >  1706.gif

#7 NDDRN

NDDRN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:23 PM

Totally agree. I'd also like to recommend that a random item drops from the dead "player".

:ani_swt:

#8 Nakano15

Nakano15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Odin (RE-START)

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

Ok, what is going to happen?

Bots do not feel tired or anything, so they can power level indefinitelly at the same point.

They can also end up being programmed to attack players, so players in the same map will have a new problem to face.

Killing the bot will send it temporarily to town until it restores hp, and then return to the map, so It will only make the player not see that same bot for some time.

Differently from bots, the players who are in the same map get tired of being killed all over and stuff, so that will be a higher drawback.

So, pk is the solution? No! If PK is enabled, the game will surelly be a botterhelm, because players will be unable to progress because of being ganked by bots, alongside high level "justice bringers" killing both botters and players thinking that they are doing good.

#9 PoWeRchordZ

PoWeRchordZ

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationFrom the depths
  • Server:RE:start

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:53 PM

A couple of manual players killing hundreds of bots who don't get tired when they are killed and come back to the same map.

You'll have to kill them 24/7 too and its not only one map.   :heh:

Totally agree. I'd also like to recommend that a random item drops from the dead "player".

:ani_swt:

That's pvp nightmare mode for manual players, the high level players might bully the low level players.

#10 Ignasia

Ignasia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 337 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

Bots typically work in bot farms.  Add in PK mode, and guess what, you'll see bot farmers start learning to program their bots to work in groups to wipe out players by swarming them.  Granted different bot farms may also end up fighting one another, but in the end it will have little to no impact on bots themselves.

Nevermind the headache for GM's seeking bots, for those maps where players are successfully wiping them out.  It will make tracking down bots a bit harder.

Edited by Ignasia, 31 August 2017 - 05:30 PM.

#11 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:51 PM

What a simpleton mind you got there lol. I bet you even thought it was an ingenious idea.

Here's a tip - If you think your idea is good, always try to find a reason as to why it's a bad idea before writing it off as a good idea.

Edited by Quoc, 31 August 2017 - 05:52 PM.

#12 6852170722040342757

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:12 PM

I vote yes for this.
Can we try PVP all map for few days?
IT WOULD BE AWSOME

#13 RainYu

RainYu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:49 PM

@Quoc

What a simpleton mind you got there lol. I bet you even thought it was an ingenious idea.

Here's a tip - If you think your idea is good, always try to find a reason as to why it's a bad idea before writing it off as a good idea.

Dear Quoc

I never said it was a Good Idea. I said it's just a thought (I'm just suggesting). It's better if you read and understand first before commenting sir. =)

I said why not try it. We had an Official Server before with some areas are PK enabled. Yes bots were not totally wiped but only few players place their bots their. 

And yes some bots also attack players when they are hit. So I mean just think of it as pvp mode and your opponent is a mindless program doing same patterns of attacks over and over again. Surely someone that can actually think will know how to defeat it (unless thinking is not your strong points).

Yes some bot have gears and other players have not. Then don't kill the bots with better gears than yours. It's not like your their to wipe them all that's impossible. The idea is to lessen them so that other real players have less competition in leveling up in those areas. Only few bots have heavy gears you know. Most are just weapon and pantie and undershirt (Surely you can kill most of them to lessen then).

Yes after killing them they will return, so what? Most of them you just need to kill them I mean using 2-4 skills against them may do the trick. You will only need less than 10 sec to kill them.

If your suggesting killing them 24/7 then that's a stupid idea. Just do it if your leveling to again lessen the competition on that particular maps. After your done leveling then don't bother with them, just do it again when your leveling.

Remember mindless bot are easily to kill. Not all botters are hardcore programmers. (Again the idea is to lessen the bots so that real players can level more, not to totally wipe them).

Edited by RainYu, 31 August 2017 - 07:50 PM.

#14 Nakano15

Nakano15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:03 PM

Even if not all botters are hardcore programmers, a lot of other issues will happen, just read again the posts in this thread...

#15 RainYu

RainYu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:16 PM

Even if not all botters are hardcore programmers, a lot of other issues will happen, just read again the posts in this thread...

Yes. Issues will always appear no matter what game your playing and no matter how the gaming team work their hardest.  

It's called life. =)

A wise man once said: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. =)

#16 Nakano15

Nakano15

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 242 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:40 AM

Yes. Issues will always appear no matter what game your playing and no matter how the gaming team work their hardest.  

It's called life. =)

A wise man once said: Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different result. =)

And experience says "S*** will happen".

#17 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 September 2017 - 11:43 AM

this is quite stupid

#18 oleokoong1

oleokoong1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

Enable PK please...most of my friends like to kill innocents..and wait them pm you $(&;!?,&:&.!/$$.&:

#19 Signar

Signar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

I have a tedious enough time defending Payon dungeon from dickhead db spammers and you want them to actually be able to kill noobs directly. LOL

#20 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:27 PM

Dear Quoc

I never said it was a Good Idea. I said it's just a thought (I'm just suggesting). It's better if you read and understand first before commenting sir. =)

I said why not try it. We had an Official Server before with some areas are PK enabled. Yes bots were not totally wiped but only few players place their bots their.

It's a terrible idea. If you can't see why, that's your problem because iRO will not be doing it. I do sincerely hope you're not suggesting the idea based off of PH or BR servers as those are the worst RO servers in history.

The other servers I also suggest you don't base your experience off of is private server, that would just be pure ignorance or stupidity, maybe both. Are all Private servers systems bad? I don't think so but it should never be mixed into official servers as private servers are private for those reasons.

Edited by Quoc, 01 September 2017 - 04:05 PM.

#21 LaNoirEX

LaNoirEX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 02:32 PM

Why is there no downvote...

#22 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 01 September 2017 - 04:01 PM

Oh yea, no one would eve gank legitimate players.  Just buff azoth and polymorph and gtg, bots are often a lot higher than the area from what it seems

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 01 September 2017 - 04:03 PM.

#23 aaadvanced

aaadvanced

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:23 PM

I vote yes for this.
Can we try PVP all map for few days?
IT WOULD BE AWSOME

THIS

plz do GM

AWESOMENESS

#24 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 10:54 PM

Enable PK please...most of my friends like to kill innocents..and wait them pm you $(&;!?,&:&.!/$$.&:

Although I'm against the OP's idea, I'm not arguing that PK can be fun(because PK can be fun), that is precisely why this "PK bot areas" is a bad idea. The very fact that you think it's fun means someone thinks it's fun. If someone thinks it's fun, it means they'll be PKing legitimate players bot or not. Hence the idea to enable PK = get rid of bot solution is a terrible idea. If you want to just implement PK on certain maps, that idea alone can be fun depending on what kinda player you are.

#25 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:35 AM

3 issues with this:

1. Wizards are completely screwed. Try to cast something like LoV without accidentally starting fights with wandering real players.

2. Because bots don't play with any real skill, they're always over-leveled for their maps. Can YOU defeat 12 identical level 90 Bowling Bash bots coming for you from all directions at once? I certainly can't.

3. Bots play 24/7 and have no emotions. When they die, all you've done is taken them out of their farming cycle for maybe 3 minutes. When players die, over and over and over again, to bots that now kill them instead of just kill steal them, they give up. Result: The bots OWN the map, they don't just pollute it.

Now... if people want a couple of open PvP maps for the fun of -directly- competing with other people hunting on the map, that actually would be fun (just make sure it's a limited number of maps). As an anti-bot measure, however, it's terrible... you're giving the bots MORE control, not less. They WILL be re-programmed to PK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users