Crit Sins are "Dead" in Re:start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 6281170818170615897

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 05:45 AM

Can you still make one and function? Yes. If you prefer the flashy nature of 100% crit, then by all means go ahead. However, crit sin build is extremely inefficient and sub-par when compared to other builds in Re:start.  I will outline why. The problem with crit sin in Re:start is the lack of items, lower level cap, and no transcendent 2nd and 3rd classes. Crit sins work just as well as they did in classic, but there are better options now.

With 60 luk and 2 Kobold cards you have 58% crit.  70str / 88agi / 1vit / 1int / 1dex / 60luk leaves you 158 points at 99. 2x Soldier Skel Katar puts you at 94 crit. As such, you can't even think about "The Paper" card at high levels on Re:start because there are no card slots. It requires too much investment in LUK to overcome crit shield. This is why everyone used 3x SS carded Jurs in the original days of the crit sin. Sidewinder card would have still produced better results, but people didn't seem aware of that build at that time. Crit sins will have their time to shine, but that time is not today.

You can't mob with grim tooth because you have no hit. Crit shield destroys your chances of hitting mobs like Anolian.

In contrast, you could use a "hybrid" DA Katar crit sin. 71str / 90agi / 30vit / 1int / 52dex / 33luk You get far better return on stat investment. Higher damage output on pretty much everything due to card flexibility.

What crit sins need in order to excel in "modern" RO is more stat points to allow for investment into Luck and more crit items. Crits overtake DA Katar at some point when your crit and crit multiplier is high enough without sacrificing hit chance. Once you have enough crit to break crit shield then you no longer need dex, but you need available weapon card slots to run these beefy crit cards like "The Paper" or Mobster.

#2 Tshadow

Tshadow

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 08:01 AM

hey thanks for this enlightening post, I wanted to create a pure crit sin but i see i cannot, my question is 

Can you develop in this ? for pvp and woe?

"In contrast, you could use a "hybrid" DA Katar crit sin. 71str / 90agi / 30vit / 1int / 52dex / 33luk You get far better return on stat investment. Higher damage output on pretty much everything due to card flexibility.

What crit sins need in order to excel in "modern" RO is more stat points to allow for investment into Luck and more crit items. Crits overtake DA Katar at some point when your crit and crit multiplier is high enough without sacrificing hit chance. Once you have enough crit to break crit shield then you no longer need dex, but you need available weapon card slots to run these beefy crit cards like "The Paper" or Mobster."

or we can talk more about this in game, IGN: Tshadow

#3 Nitroku

Nitroku

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:07 PM

Crits are too weak in ragnarok online.   Make critical strikes do 300% more damage, and they would be alive in a hurry if I were in charge.  Every time I see an assassin single clicking a mob and killing, only to have me kill a whole pack of them in two swings with a skill, it bothers me...  AND I LIKE ASSASSINS.  Even grimtooth seems pitiful, and in my opinion the entire thief job class needs some quality of life improvements.

1.  Double Attack needs to affect every weapon a thief based class can equip, without them needing snake hat and such.  I am a master of double attack, but I have to use a card or hat to make it work with all weapons I can equip?  What??

2.  Critical strikes need to HURT.  They should at least be a threat in a 1 on 1 situation if a player is built for it.  With such low VIT, why aren't they allowed to able to dish out some real damage before they get taken out?  Getting a 40% damage boost, affected by target defense, is really weak.

3. Grimtooth is WEAK.  Up the damage of this skill so that it can actually hit harder than a level 25 mages fire bolt please!

4.  Flee needs to not be reduced at all in WoE.  Then assassins would be a real pain in there, even without VIT.

5.  Why do Maya Purple cards EXIST? I'd like to be able to sneak around on my under powered class, please!

Eventually, the assassin cross and guillotine cross fixes some of this, but the base assassin is... yeesh!   I originally started an assassin on RE:Start about 2 weeks ago, deleted him, made a knight and NEVER looked back.  Knight solo already to level 83-ish in like 2-3 days easily with bowling bash. Unfortunately, the original assassin class was a buggy after thought.

Edited by Nitroku, 28 November 2017 - 01:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users