Class Ultimate Skill - PVE : PVP - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Class Ultimate Skill - PVE : PVP

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ThesisSpam

ThesisSpam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:The only one -_-

Posted 11 September 2017 - 04:36 AM

I don't know if this had been discussed or anything related to the title had already been planned out, so do forgive me if i am pushing the wrong buttons. 

Anyways, as the topic title implies  - CLASS ULTIMATE!! (insert epic music intro here)  :heh: 

I recall those naive times where i just started playing and reached lvl 20, got my second Job/Class, then eagerly flipped through the last class skill tree and hovered over the [Ultimate Skill] and wondered what it felt like to wield such power... 

Fast forward over those grueling grinds and viola! here i am posting this topic.

Aesthetically they are all awesome, no doubt, but for practicality, let's face it, some if not most are pretty useless in PVE.  

To be precise, i'm talking about those that have status or debuff effects. (savage anyone? sorcerers maybe? ninnjjaaahhhzzz?)

Let's be honest, how many of the avid players here actually invested skill points with the mindset of

"this skill will be useful" ?

All of you?

If so, then at least just hear me out. 

Below is a rough though a close example.

Savage Ultimate Skill - Club Mania has a base weapon attack power of 300%

8 combos up to 20 monsters + final attack with a LvL 5 stun effect

Dragoon  Ultimate Skill - Dragon Rush has a base weapon attack power of 450%

8 combos up to 20 enemies + electronic final attack

As you can see the two samples are closely similar except for their base ATK POW and Final attacks.

They're balanced you say? well yes from an overall perspective, but what i am referring to is the actual usage.

Say for example both characters have equal gears and running the same dungeon, typically you'd use the ultimate at the boss room for various reasons, it is a no brainier that the Dragoon's Ultimate will have the more "Ummphh!".

While Savages are left with a poker face thinking "was that it?".

What about the LvL 5 stun effect you say?

well it all depends whether you're geared enough to wipe all the surrounding mobs out or weak incompetent less geared enough to experience the joy of finishing them off with a more quick not to mention better that your ultimate - skill set.

(forget about the elite bosses, they ain't got time for that) 

So where is the PVP in all of this?
This type of ultimate(s) with all their fancy effects, debuffs and such can be more appreciated and is certainly most suited for PVP! yes.. PVP!  :ok:

Too OP?

Nothing like a good old PVP exclusive tweaks can't fix, All I'm saying is that instead of completely disabling it,

why not say :

• reduce the base ATK POW
  • modify final attack debuffs or effects
  • other stuff similar to those (work that magic!)

TL:DR;

Please let us use Ultimates in PVP again!  :p_ang:

#2 Roseupfromdead

Roseupfromdead

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:07 AM

Uf everyone cast ultimate in pvp/bsq, no matter what pc you using, it 100%freeze.
Pvp and bsq already got ENOUGH lag (both bcos cheat users and old pc +high ping users)

#3 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:28 AM

My biggest concer is just being invincible while massively hitting players in a wide range. Reducing the attack power is worthless as it is raw damage so you will still hit as hard.

By bringing ultimates into PvP, it would be pretty much like everyone are waiting for a nuke to blow before throwing theirs.

#4 ThesisSpam

ThesisSpam

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Server:The only one -_-

Posted 11 September 2017 - 03:27 PM

I get BSQ part, i also don't expect much from the game since it is not optimized.

Well they could at least try to enable it on normal PVP - 2v2 or 4v4 something (would be quite fun)

or

Revamp the Ultimate(s) to be somewhat balanced in output for PVE. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users