Best class to grind from 1-175 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Best class to grind from 1-175

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:13 AM

Though delayed, (idRO) renewal server will finally be launched this October-November. My friends and I (6 people total) are eager to play in this new server. We plan to make a party of 6 of the same class and grind our way from 1 to 175. What class is best for us? We also plan to level some buff alts together with our mains, what class do you recommend?

Our server won't have Gramps TI and Bounty Board (and BMX3), but the exp/drop rate will be 8x/2x. 

I think we'll be in episode 14.2. The gm said we'll get Rebel and Doram patch soon after launch.

Edited by NamzaKaren, 13 September 2017 - 10:25 AM.

#2 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:21 AM

RK, GX or Ranger.

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

cant go wrong with RK+Maestro

#4 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:19 AM

RK, GX or Ranger.

My fav class GX <3. But the server will be new, so it's gonna be hard to get poison bottles and hunter fly card.

Do you mean physical or db rk?

cant go wrong with RK+Maestro

Is RK (DB?) still good without string? We'll be doing tele>mob>tele>mob playstyle but individually with Fly Wing not GFW.

Btw, what I meant by buff alts is class like Arch Bishop that have buff that last for minutes. We'll obviously make an Arch Bishop. But what other class can complement our 'individual tele>mob>tele>mob' playstyle? Any good buff out there? Never really play support class or play in party before. In iRO I only have 8 GX, 1 RK, and 1 Warlock.

Edited by NamzaKaren, 13 September 2017 - 10:24 AM.

#5 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:27 AM

Is RK (DB?) still good without string? We'll be doing tele>mob>tele>mob playstyle but individually with Fly Wing not GFW.

Yeah DB RK can be good even without string, if you put Tao Gunka Card on an Evil Dragon Armor.

:)

#6 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:35 AM

Search yielded no results.

#7 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 10:48 AM

Yeah DB RK can be good even without string, if you put Tao Gunka Card on an Evil Dragon Armor.

:)

I wish I can have that. I've changed my religion so many times and pray to many different gods for an mvp card, but none ever drop for me.  I just learned the existence of RNGesus. He/she is my last hope.

#8 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:24 AM

DB is fine on it's own.

#9 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:35 AM

GX is good if you got poison, i did a 2nd one recently in chaos lvl 1-120 in about 8 or 9 days

DB rune knight much faster than physical one

ranger was also extremely fast to level

thats my 2 cents

personally go with the GX because also for 1 target killing mvping they get the double crit rate with katars which is a hefty bonus if you ask me

#10 YangeWenli

YangeWenli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2404 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:11 PM

DB RK+Maestro easy ride to 175 like the wise shuckle said once you can enter bio4 range you  blazing through lvls but you dont need maestro people will praise the ground you walk in higher lvl  :heh:

#11 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:23 PM

u guys need to read what the poster says sometimes :v

not iRO
fresh new server
not iRO
start from scrach and a fresh economy
not iRO
:v

wich means some leveling methods used here simply wont work, like Bio4
There wont be a load of ready supplies and mainly EDP for GXes to have their easy life
Even tho not really hard to get, there wont be White Wing Sets costing less than a jellopy waiting for rangers to grab

Wich leaves us with classes that scale well with little to no gear, arent costly to build and play, and can have a pretty decent damage+survivability, plus making the most use of most of Maestro songs, RK.

#12 Icarus05

Icarus05

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1051 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:thor during woe

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:24 AM

Since its a fresh server, i'll go to RK. Goibene set will do decent DB damage until your server gets more decent gears for DB RK

#13 StunTosMati

StunTosMati

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2744 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:23 AM

gene acid bomb MVP :)

#14 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:48 AM

gene acid bomb MVP :)

lol i would def not go gene as the first char. Genes an expensive class to play even more so when you are starting fresh.

Edited by MyNameIsTaken, 14 September 2017 - 03:48 AM.

#15 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 03:58 AM

good luck getting Acids and Grenades to sustain a very active Gene on a fresh new server :v

Edited by Ashuckel, 14 September 2017 - 03:58 AM.

#16 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:52 AM

I would definitely go with an RK in a brand new server

#17 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:49 PM

RK it is. I never play DB RK before, my friends never play renewal before, and one is new to RO, so i need to do some research on stat and skill build. One of my friend fav char is Bard, so he can play Maestro. Though it'll be hard to utilize bard songs in our split leveling playstyle, instances will be easy with 6 RK and alt Maestro & AB. I can't wait to start!

Our main goal

We run an exp leeching business in our revo-classic server. We learned that it yields more exp/hour if we use fly wing and level separately in a party full of trappers/mobbers than moving together in one big party. Our party consists of 6 trappers and each can bring 1 leecher. At first it was just me, my bro, and our friend. Just the three of us have leech-leveled over 90 characters to lvl 90/99 since April. Now our party consists of 6 real life friends. Each of us have a set of lvl 55, 64, 73, 83, 91, 99 trap hunters. It takes us at most 15 hours playtime to leech-level six characters from 1-99 (405 mil exp). Our exp rate including VIP, BM, and rental exp ring is 310%.

We plan to do the same thing in this new server. And since renewal have many instances, we're looking forward to that as well. Then after we're settled and can sustain ourselves, we also want to try renewal WoE because we're very active in revo-classic WoE, but two times a week isn't enough for us (hope our server's renewal woe time won't collide with r-classic).

More questions

- After we're settled and can farm Mora Coins and EDP, will ranger/GX yield more exp/hour than RK (without Maestro) in split leveling playstyle, or is RK still the fastest?

- Is Genetic still the best for MvP and Instances?

- I have zero knowledge of Kagerou/Oboro, Rebellion, and Doram. Can anyone summarize for me what each of those class is best at compared to other class?

Thank you for your replies!

p.s. Btw, what I meant by tele>mob>tele>mob / split leveling playstyle is what this SC and his party did.

We want to do that but with 6 people of the same 'most cost efficient and fastest exp/hour' class.

Edited by NamzaKaren, 14 September 2017 - 03:01 PM.

#18 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:17 PM

good luck getting Acids and Grenades to sustain a very active Gene on a fresh new server :v

Yeah, cause it is soooo hard to level a brewslave to 99 ( even trans ) on a server that is set to 8X EXP. And you definitely can never ever EVER use half the brewed stuff and then sell the other half to other people starting on the server to bootstrap yourself in the market, that would just be INSANE! 

#19 Hirumminho

Hirumminho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPlanet of the apes (Brazil)
  • Server:Retired

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:24 PM

'most cost efficient and fastest exp/hour' class.

if you get to farm a bunch of mora coins and got the ww set for ranger, i think ranger is the class you're seeking for, RK is pretty good since it scales with level but you need to use some potions sometimes due to the damage being proportional to the current HP, and ranger is basically free lol just some arrows

#20 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

Yeah, cause it is soooo hard to level a brewslave to 99 ( even trans ) on a server that is set to 8X EXP. And you definitely can never ever EVER use half the brewed stuff and then sell the other half to other people starting on the server to bootstrap yourself in the market, that would just be INSANE!

scarce resources at a server start to create them in good quantity.

Unless the server follows Re:Bot ofc :v

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:30 PM

once your are settled with decent gear, not really high end, ranger would be the cheapest to leech other ppl. GX has more exp potential (and zeny making from mobs themselves) but spends more than ranger on a regular basis (keep up EDP)

#22 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:38 PM

scarce resources at a server start to create them in good quantity.

Unless the server follows Re:Bot ofc :v

Level 99 trans DEX / LUK / INT brewer with bless / gloria could do decent enough NAKED on a brand new server to supply a MVP gene at least a couple of MVPs worth daily AND have left over to sell for a good price with each of the six friends hunting 30-minutes to one hour a day. 

Better and more reliable way to bootstrap yourself in a brand new economy than hoping for a ultra rare drop and waiting for the zeny to actually be around for people to pay what it's worth, and as you go you can upgrade gear, all while making money hand over fist as a consumable supplier.  I wish I had five people to help supply crap for my brewers, money would never be an issue even if I lost the billions worth of crap stuffed into my two accounts....  

#23 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 01:47 PM

i think you still didnt realized that the characters arent the issue, is the matterial supply to brew it '-'

Edited by Ashuckel, 14 September 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#24 NamzaKaren

NamzaKaren

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:48 PM

Thanks again everyone!

Level 99 trans DEX / LUK / INT brewer with bless / gloria could do decent enough NAKED on a brand new server to supply a MVP gene at least a couple of MVPs worth daily AND have left over to sell for a good price with each of the six friends hunting 30-minutes to one hour a day. 

Better and more reliable way to bootstrap yourself in a brand new economy than hoping for a ultra rare drop and waiting for the zeny to actually be around for people to pay what it's worth, and as you go you can upgrade gear, all while making money hand over fist as a consumable supplier.  I wish I had five people to help supply crap for my brewers, money would never be an issue even if I lost the billions worth of crap stuffed into my two accounts....  

I think it's a good idea to make a brewer to supply ourselves and a mastersmith (one of my friend loves dealing with RNG). But our main goal is to settle an exp leeching business. As for mvp and instance, we prefer doing it together with our own fav classes just for fun.

Also, I'm the only one who've played renewal (iRO since 2012), and I've never played Genetic. All my friends never play renewal, and one of them are new to RO. We're not ready yet to take on the role of Genetic.

Current plan:

1. RK til 150+. Do instances together with 6 RK and alt Maestro & AB

2. Everyone make their own set of Rangers/GX for leeching different level range.

3. Everyone make their own fav class for all purpose (WoE, MvP, and Instance)

4. Then maybe we'll make a bunch of Gene for MvP and instance. Though we prefer doing instance together just for fun.

Edited by NamzaKaren, 14 September 2017 - 03:07 PM.

#25 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:57 PM

i think you still didnt realized that the characters arent the issue, is the matterial supply to brew it '-'

Here I will repeat it with bold:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users