#1 Schmierig

Schmierig

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir, fRO Chaos

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:26 PM

I'm still wondering why it is not allowed to talk about tickets on the forums. Basically the censorship the mods and gms are enforcing when talking about bad behaviour on their side is opening the door for arbitariness. It should be possible to show them their mistakes and discuss them openly as long as the discussion is objective, EVEN if the topic is refering to a ticket.

It's impossible to discuss the random ban wave that certainly hit a lot of players without any sound reasoning, because everything is discussed in the ticket only. That's like trying to discuss a falsely acclaimed criminal offence without a public forum (like a news outlet). What's the problem with normal discussion?

#2 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:48 PM

have u ever seen any official forum allow stuff that's bad for the company

ur complaining about something where the business nerds (who enforce the rule) dont give 2 -_-s about or even read what u say

thats why any sizable community always gravitates towards a 3rd party forum

#3 iDeco

iDeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:04 PM

This is for your security.

#4 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:18 PM

People can access your ticket among other things if you post the number or enough info.

Unless something went really wrong, Campitor and others will never take tickets off the forums.

#5 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:50 AM

I would say mainly because the forums are not the appropriate medium to discuss a private ticket's response. Posting a ticket content on forums without knowing the backstory is enough to unleash a stream of accusatory postings. Of course it is not advised to share such sensitive detail on forums, so getting a satisfactory resolution or help on forums in this manner would not work.

Know that each ticket would be made for that specific account ID, and in case of issues with GM handling then the user may contact a Community Manager for guidance.

As for the banned accounts concern, if an account found to be associated with illegal activity (doesn't have to be botting) then the account will be suspended/handled in accordance to the offence made. Trust me on this, by any chance an account is found clean then there is no reason to keep it locked up.

#6 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:54 AM

This rule is for your protection. Imagine the horror if the GM team would also post the content of your tickets. All those stupid requests, alibis, and reasoning being revealed to the whole community would be golden.

#7 Schmierig

Schmierig

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:04 AM

Well posting a tickets content or the ticket id (which shouldn't be accessible, to any other user except the user who posted it. ACL anyone?) is definitly not what I had in mind. But as I said there have been pretty superficial bans in the past which resulted in people quitting because they just seemed random. Especially when the GM in question wasn't able to provide any proof. I mean if the GM is doing tests on 3rd party usage or botting, why isn't he able to take screenshots of these tests and provide them to the user in question?

When complaining about an issue like that on the forums the topics always just get closed with referance to the ticket.

I heard of a case where the account was locked and wiped first, then unlocked again but the items weren't restored. There wasn't any proof given to the player that he was using the third party tool in question, still he was punished (I know that in the US the defendant has to prove his innocence, but we are the customers here...). This case especially seemed like the GM just banned him on a whim and didn't want to or even know how to restore the items....

#8 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:15 AM

said it before, and i'll say it again

this isn't a democracy, or a court room. ur not owed anything. details are never given out on bans in any game u will play. even competitive community run sites will never release specific details on bans, because it just teaches those who cheat how to avoid it in future

in a perfect world u should be able to post ur account login & password without someone abusing it, but it's not gonna happen. there's a 99% chance that whoever this case you "heard of" was botting and u or ur friend believed their bull-_- lmao

#9 KowalskiZapata

KowalskiZapata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:BANNED BOOOOY!

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:16 AM

This has been eating at me for a while now, I had a picture removed email from a GM saying why blah blah and had noticed a few other GMS had gone onto my profile clearly to check it out, But then i notice someone had a picture of a guy from history we all know well i got annoyed, When i asked how is that picture any better then the picture i had pointing out a important fact about said guy, I was ignored. Still being ignored over a fact said GM must not of thought off when he jumped Gun Ho on my picture and when i retort they just ignore me. By the way the guy in my picture now is a criminal as well.

Edited by KowalskiZapata, 23 September 2017 - 01:19 AM.

#10 Schmierig

Schmierig

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:38 AM

said it before, and i'll say it again

this isn't a democracy, or a court room. ur not owed anything. details are never given out on bans in any game u will play. even competitive community run sites will never release specific details on bans, because it just teaches those who cheat how to avoid it in future

in a perfect world u should be able to post ur account login & password without someone abusing it, but it's not gonna happen. there's a 99% chance that whoever this case you "heard of" was botting and u or ur friend believed their bull-_- lmao

The gaming community is in a position like this in every game because everyone just keeps accepting the wrongs. Gaming in general is a business like every other business out here, if I'm getting banned in a supermarket without a good reason and I can't even speak with anyone in a higher position about that I would still be friggin mad. Why? Because that's not how you treat someone who is willing to sacrifice their time to discuss this problem in a normal manner.

The screenshot doesn't even make sense. How does quality control work at the GM level? Don't they take screens when banning people? Why shouldn't I be able to see the proof? Like really, 99% of the time the GMs messages someone, they don't answer, they get banned. Wow, that sounds like a really hard method to write an exception for if you really know how to work with scripts/programming.

#11 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:05 AM

I have a revolutianry solution for you : Go to reddit or unmoderated Forums... Or Just use your Head before you Post a little while longer

#12 umizu

umizu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:26 AM

The gaming community is in a position like this in every game because everyone just keeps accepting the wrongs. Gaming in general is a business like every other business out here, if I'm getting banned in a supermarket without a good reason and I can't even speak with anyone in a higher position about that I would still be friggin mad. Why? Because that's not how you treat someone who is willing to sacrifice their time to discuss this problem in a normal manner.

The screenshot doesn't even make sense. How does quality control work at the GM level? Don't they take screens when banning people? Why shouldn't I be able to see the proof? Like really, 99% of the time the GMs messages someone, they don't answer, they get banned. Wow, that sounds like a really hard method to write an exception for if you really know how to work with scripts/programming.

uhhh sorry champ, we're in that position because every day players were the ones that originally decided not releasing information on bans was the best way to go; back when competitive gaming was taking its first real baby steps during times like the original half-life and its mods

it's not some big conspiracy. the information isn't released because slimy -_-s just use that info to avoid getting caught. it really is as simple as that

is it the perfect solution? no. but it's the best working one that's been used for over a decade for a good reason

#13 Schmierig

Schmierig

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 03:32 AM

I have a revolutianry solution for you : Go to reddit or unmoderated Forums... Or Just use your Head before you Post a little while longer

Wes?

#14 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:02 AM

It needed by the mode and VM to keeping the flames off from destroying this forum...

#15 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:27 AM

@Schmierig

Banning or "suspension" as GM might said involved lot of process this include Evidence and cross checking by different Teams. Like the support team who read you tickets and crosschecking again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users