#1 Tiny7Tim

Tiny7Tim

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

Ive been running around with my character for a few months now, and i notice other snipers are hitting harder than I could ever be able to do.

Sniper lvl 90/53

my stats are

Str-46+6

Agi-46+12

Vit-76+16

Int-46+4

Dex-48+22

Luk-19+6

Atk-111+110

Matk-119+0

Hit-343

crit-9

Def-102+99

Mdef-104+25

Flee-253+3

Aspd-169

Im currently using the Goibne Set with elemental bows, and ROFL/ROR set. I have a hunter Bow/arrows as well. 

I have limited funds, somewhere around 3m.

What would you suggest?

#2 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:02 AM

Archers don't need Str to do damage with bows, Dex however helps.

10~20 Str for carrying capacity is totally fine, but 46 Str at level 90 is way too much.

46 Agi also won't really help with anything.

Same with 19 Luk. Luk does provide minor Atk, but with your gears, current stats and level you won't really notice too much of that.

Then there is also your equip: The other Snipers you saw will have way better gears than a Goibne Set, but don't worry about that too much.

Why not worry about gears? Well, once you are Ranger the best way to level is with Arrow Storm.

Arrow Storm gets a huge damage increase from using the White Wing Set.

That set however blocks most gear slots, so basically everything you buy (except headgears) to have it easier to level as Hunter/Sniper are wasted zeny once you are a Ranger with Arrow Storm.

There also is the possibility to level with Traps as a ranger, you will need completely different gears for that though. If you are interested in that you will want to check out this guide here for gear and stat suggestions.

Tl;Dr:

Reset your character's stats at lvl 100 latest to something like the Arrow Storm build here and buy a White Wing Set (Suits, Manteau, Shoes and Brooch, +4 is totally fine for starters) for when you are 100+.

Since you have a Hunter Bow with Hunting Arrows you can use Converters to deal more damage to specific elements, i.e. use a Fire Converter if you fight Stapos as earth mobs take increased damage from fire elemental attacks.

#3 Tiny7Tim

Tiny7Tim

I am New.

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 September 2017 - 03:28 PM

Archers don't need Str to do damage with bows, Dex however helps.

10~20 Str for carrying capacity is totally fine, but 46 Str at level 90 is way too much.

46 Agi also won't really help with anything.

Same with 19 Luk. Luk does provide minor Atk, but with your gears, current stats and level you won't really notice too much of that.

Then there is also your equip: The other Snipers you saw will have way better gears than a Goibne Set, but don't worry about that too much.

Why not worry about gears? Well, once you are Ranger the best way to level is with Arrow Storm.

Arrow Storm gets a huge damage increase from using the White Wing Set.

That set however blocks most gear slots, so basically everything you buy (except headgears) to have it easier to level as Hunter/Sniper are wasted zeny once you are a Ranger with Arrow Storm.

There also is the possibility to level with Traps as a ranger, you will need completely different gears for that though. If you are interested in that you will want to check out this guide here for gear and stat suggestions.

Tl;Dr:

Reset your character's stats at lvl 100 latest to something like the Arrow Storm build here and buy a White Wing Set (Suits, Manteau, Shoes and Brooch, +4 is totally fine for starters) for when you are 100+.

Since you have a Hunter Bow with Hunting Arrows you can use Converters to deal more damage to specific elements, i.e. use a Fire Converter if you fight Stapos as earth mobs take increased damage from fire elemental attacks.

alright awesome. I have a elven bow as well. I know im going to start with the arrow storm build, thats why i had more Vit than anything else.  Everything ive read, had said that rangers can be squishy in the early lvls, so i wanted to not be squishy. Im going to avoid trapping, though i tried it once. it wasnt something i could handle. Do you know of any good detailed guides for the Ranger job change? i already got a composite bow, but im not sure as to how to move past the report carrying part. i end up dying way to quickly. 

thanks for the help and advice in advance.

Edited by Tiny7Tim, 26 September 2017 - 03:34 PM.

#4 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:19 PM

Vit isn't the problem.

The points you put into agi and str could have been put to better use though.

Irowiki is a great source of guides and in addition this video can help with the plants part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users