Selphie19

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:44 AM

Hello Everyone

I pretty new to RO in general but I was wondering for a new player, what build should I do?  :hmm:

I've researched it down to two class(Hunter, Knight) :ok:

For Hunter I like the auto-blitz build, it seems fun, but is it also viable for PvP/WoE? :no1:

For Knight I was thinking Spear Knight because I love the flashy colors when using Brandish but I read that they are very gear dependant.

Please help me with dilemma, anything will be helpful information  :lv:  and thank you in advance :p_laugh:

#2 nosre

nosre

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSEA

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:02 AM

Hi Selphie,

welcome to RO

There is not such things as not viable in WOE, we play as a team in WOE, each and every individuals regarding their job and build are needed.

what more important is, build and play a job that you like either its hunter or a knight.

for hunter, you can find a lot of guide in this forum regarding their stats, builds, and item, try to look around

the only things different in hunter and knights for a starter player, i found that a knight consume more potion for hunting,

this is quite hard for starter if you don't have zeny, you must invest to buy silvervines and trade it with WOE potion.

#3 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:48 AM

Welcome to RO, don't mind the bots for now and just focus on the real players.

As for what the other guy said, yes there is a viable build for WoE and there are builds that are not really viable. Don't let him tell you otherwise because that will only set you up to lose in WoE when no guilds can utilize your build effectively. With that said, auto-blitzer isn't great for WoE. Main reason being that it lacks VIT(you want 40~60 at least for WoE) because you have to spread out the stats quite a bit. It's good and cheap for single target PvE but honestly trapper build is better for PvE overall and is decent at WoE. Agi+Dex Double Strafe build is good for PvP, decent at PvE and WoE(raise Vit to 40~60). Though your guild will probably use your more as a ankle snare and arrow shower if you are not a pure trap Hunter.

As for a Knight, I highly suggest you don't go the Brandish Spear path. You can still use Bowling Bash when you use a spear but it is not limited to only a spear, you can use it with every weapon a Knight can hold and it actually does more damage, avoid gutter lines if you can. Read up about it if you want to learn more about it. Most guilds do want Knights in their guild atm, they are currently the meta. If you want to use spears, that's fine but just get Bowling Bash as your main damage skill as you can switch weapons on the fly for w/e events you may be tackling. Unless you know for sure you're going a pure 1-weapon build which I don't recommend, don't max out your passive weapon masteries and save it for better skills that can help you as the damage is negligible compared to certain skills you could have learned to a higher level.

Again, do not let the other guy convince you that all builds are viable. Just as some builds suck as PvP, PvE, or MvP, there are builds that sucks at WoE. As a Hunter the best part is that no matter what build you are, you at least have ankle snare. Not having Vit though makes you less viable as when you die, your traps go with you. As for a Knight, SVD Knight is generally the better overall build for WoE. If you build say a pure Agi knight, they could have easily replaced you with an SVD knight and done better.

No matter which path you go, if you buy Kafra Points(KP) I highly suggest you buy WoE potions. You actually don't have to buy silvervine to get these if you have KP. If you're truly interested in this game, I suggest you spend $15 USD to jump start your game with the 30-day+1500 KP package. It gives you reduced kafra warp prices, less penalty, 3x daily 1 hour stat buff(only active during gameplay, so you can log out and it will stop the timer) and most importantly EXP/Item Drop boost. It's not REQUIRED but it's a huge boost to your quality of life. They are the most cost effective items right now and potions are super expensive when you first start. Create a merchant sooner than later so you can learn discount and overcharge(and vending eventually) to aid you on your journey to riches. 

Edited by Quoc, 25 September 2017 - 06:59 AM.

#4 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:08 AM

Step1: Girl name: Check

Step2: Girl picture: Check

Step3: ???

Step4: Tons of well written and informative answers  :no1:

That being said, autoblitz LOOKS fun, but it is terribly boring, you just left click and wait for things to die. Spear knight is also inferior to Bowling Bash knights in terms of damage, but Spear Knight is more utility based because of the massive AoE.

If you want more information, I recommend using the community Discords, you'll get answers faster (because real-time chat), and generally more exposure than here on the forums.

If you want Discord servers addresses shoot me up a PM.

Edited by Niriw, 25 September 2017 - 07:09 AM.

#5 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:25 AM

Step1: Girl name: Check

Step2: Girl picture: Check

Step3: ???

Step4: Tons of well written and informative answers  :no1:

That being said, autoblitz LOOKS fun, but it is terribly boring, you just left click and wait for things to die. Spear knight is also inferior to Bowling Bash knights in terms of damage, but Spear Knight is more utility based because of the massive AoE.

If you want more information, I recommend using the community Discords, you'll get answers faster (because real-time chat), and generally more exposure than here on the forums.

If you want Discord servers addresses shoot me up a PM.

Well to be fair, you were partially right about the picture. The moment I saw her cat and was like, ok I'll chip in. Love cats, as a matter of fact I have a stray cat outside my apartment that I plan to take to get vaccinated today and some other stuff taken care of regarding her health then taking her in. I gave her one of my chair that I was gonna sell on craigslist originally, she loves it and uses it to stalk people through the porch railing. This was a few days ago.

As for Auto-Blitz, I agree with that. Auto attacking and killing stuff will become very boring very fast. In the future it may be more fun when you can equip a lot of auto-cast stuff but as of current(if ever for certain items on the list), we do not have those. Even then, it can get boring as you'll still be auto attacking. Though some people I've met enjoyed auto-casting builds to the very end. Don't confuse auto-cast with auto-blitz though, auto-cast has a bunch of skills being cast, auto-blitz is just one of the many skills cast in the build.

If it ever comes to -

High Agi, medium~high Dex/Int/Luk, varies depending on what you favor.

Auto-Blitz - Self explanatory

CD in Mouthhttp://db.irowiki.or...tem-info/18666/

Ring of Flamelord+Resonance combo(though it's completely fine to skip out Resonance if you don't like the skills there) - http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2678/ and http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/2679/

Kettle Hat(you must cast Deluge first and stay inside it I believe to cast Waterball) - http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/5291/

Bloody Knight Cardhttp://db.irowiki.or...item-info/4320/

Wind Ghost Cardhttp://db.irowiki.or...item-info/4264/

Archer Skeleton Card(just for overall more ranged bow damage as you'll be shooting lots of arrows in between) - http://db.irowiki.or...item-info/4094/

Edited by Quoc, 25 September 2017 - 07:55 AM.

#6 Selphie19

Selphie19

I am New.

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 11:07 AM

Thank you for all your kind replies  :p_love:

I've been researching here and there and came up with this for my Auto-Blitz Hunter Build

PvP                                      PvE/PvP

Agi - 93                               Agi - 93

Dex - 70                              Dex - 70

Vit - 58                                Vit - 17

Int - 21                                Int - 32

Luk - 26                              Luk - 56

Worst Case Scenario I like the Blacksmith as well because I have seen video/picture of it dragging a cart? or garden with him/her and it looks very cute!!! :p_laugh:

In most games I play, I like to PvP and farm a lot, and of course if I'm in a guild(eventually, hopefully? :ok: ) I would like to help them as much as possible and as much as I can.

I'm leaning towards Blacksmith now since I have read at other forums/post that auto-blitz isn't that much fun/logical for end game contents as well. :p_cry:

For Blacksmith I was thinking these stats:

Str - 99

Agi - 35

Vit - 77

Dex - 39

Any feedback about these will be appreciated.

Thanks again for the kind response  :no1:

@Niriw Yes, sure that would be lovely if you can share with me the discord for the game :lv:

@Quoc I LOVE CATS!!!! Yours looks so cute and adorable :Emo_15:  I'm planning to get 2 more cats but not at the same time. A Bengal and Savannah

Edited by Selphie19, 25 September 2017 - 11:34 AM.

#7 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:13 PM

Truth is Blacksmith is fun right now but it will be living in the shadow of its counterpart, the Biochemist. Blacksmiths become Mastersmiths later on and learns High Speed Cart Ram which is very high in damage and also your only reliable source of damage... With that said it will be hurt a lot by the most simple of skills like Agi Down or Slow Tempo which cancels out your Cart Boost which is a requirement to use High Speed Cart Ram. They are deadly otherwise but this is a FATAL flaw. Agi Down/Slow Tempo is a dime a dozen in Ragnarok.

#8 nosre

nosre

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSEA

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:21 PM

wow look at quoc giving tons of well written and informative answers, he's taking this seriously with pretty lady  :p_love: 

well quoc is right, he's telling you how to win in WOE, how a guilds can utilize your build effectively, etc..... :blahblah: 

but quoc don't get what I'm trying to tell you.

well I'm telling you to have fun selphie ^_^

like i said build and play a job that you like, have fun in this game, play a job and build that you want to be, don't be something that your guild want you to be.

I do notice that you said you already done some research, i believe you will make excellent build that is why your build will always be viable

believe me selphie you want to be something that you want to be  :p_laugh: .

do not let the other guy convince you the other way  :ok: 

well for me a guild is a family ( I don't know what a cat think about a guild lol :hmm: ? mybe a tools for winning WOE)

someday you will find a guild that accept what you are, regardless your job or your build

that's what family do, they accept who you are, being a part of them no matter if you're a pro like quoc or just a newbie like me

by doing this way you will having fun in RO: Restart  :no1: 

I do notice your question that you want to have fun right?

Selphie19: "For Hunter I like the auto-blitz build, it seems fun, but is it also viable for PvP/WoE?  :no1:"

NB: I also love cats selphie  :lv: , but sometimes you need a man with a gun helping you to kill the mob either with a blitzer hunter or full STR blackmith, or even with a lady knight  :love:

#9 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:37 PM

wow look at quoc giving tons of well written and informative answers, he's taking this seriously with pretty lady  :p_love: 

well quoc is right, he's telling you how to win in WOE, how a guilds can utilize your build effectively, etc..... :blahblah: 

but quoc don't get what I'm trying to tell you.

well I'm telling you to have fun selphie ^_^

like i said build and play a job that you like, have fun in this game, play a job and build that you want to be, don't be something that your guild want you to be.

I do notice that you said you already done some research, i believe you will make excellent build that is why your build will always be viable

believe me selphie you want to be something that you want to be  :p_laugh: .

do not let the other guy convince you the other way  :ok: 

well for me a guild is a family ( I don't know what a cat think about a guild lol :hmm: ? mybe a tools for winning WOE)

someday you will find a guild that accept what you are, regardless your job or your build

that's what family do, they accept who you are, being a part of them no matter if you're a pro like quoc or just a newbie like me

by doing this way you will having fun in RO: Restart  :no1: 

I do notice your question that you want to have fun right?

Selphie19: "For Hunter I like the auto-blitz build, it seems fun, but is it also viable for PvP/WoE?  :no1:"

NB: I also love cats selphie  :lv: , but sometimes you need a man with a gun helping you to kill the mob either with a blitzer hunter or full STR blackmith, or even with a lady knight  :love:

That is some next level white knighting(the kind that's beyond necessary). Though not entirely sure what you're trying to white knight for as the situation doesn't call for it, you just sorta ran out and put yourself up to it lol.

Edited by Quoc, 25 September 2017 - 06:38 PM.

#10 nosre

nosre

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSEA

Posted 25 September 2017 - 06:52 PM

That is some next level white knighting(the kind that's beyond necessary). Though not entirely sure what you're trying to white knight for as the situation doesn't call for it, you just sorta ran out and put yourself up to it lol.

whoa all you're saying is negative thinking, you are bad, pretty lady don't like a bad cat  :p_cry:

#11 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:05 PM

whoa all you're saying is negative thinking, you are bad, pretty lady don't like a bad cat  :p_cry:

The fact that all you see is her being a "pretty lady" and not a person that's going to be part of the RO community reveals quite a bit about you that I rather not know about.

Edited by Quoc, 25 September 2017 - 07:09 PM.

#12 nosre

nosre

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSEA

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:37 PM

The fact that all you see is her being a "pretty lady" and not a person that's going to be part of the RO community reveals quite a bit about you that I rather not know about.

Quoc stop this, your are embarrassing yourself, all you are saying is negative, you are a pro player, you have a lot experience in forum you should have known better this kind of post didn't help a new player in anyway.  

you are taking this to serious, look at what you said?

" The fact that all you see is her being a "pretty lady" and not a person that's going to be part of the RO community

this is so negative thinking, you can't judge other people like that

as for you know i respect everyone as a person "pretty lady, old dude, grown up kids, even a cat" 

you're missing the point, we're just trying to help the new player right? why do you post something so negative?  :p_sad:

you know you will encounter a lot of post that you are not agree with

if you don't agree with my post that is okay, i don't mind. I also sometimes don't agree with someone post, but I do not judge them in negative way

this is the way that others can see if you're just a kid in a forum or a real man that can respect everyone opinion

#13 Niriw

Niriw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:09 PM

Sent you the discord addresses

#14 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

Quoc stop this, your are embarrassing yourself

Oh the irony in that post. Also, have fun with your terrible reading comprehension. Wasted enough time replying to you, that I have myself to blame.

Here's a final tip. Next time when someone tries to ask for help/information, don't reply with "OMG YOU CAN DO ANYTHING! I BELIEVE IN YOU 'PRETTY GIRL'!" And actually reply with some useful information.

@OP Feel free to listen to whoever you want but just a fair warning that not all builds are created equal. What I told you was specific to what you asked, that's it. Based on experience from what I've had and Niri had would suggest that auto-blitz again looks fun but is actually boring(or will be not long after making one). At least til a lot of auto-cast stuff comes out which will be a long time from now. I also mentioned that some old friends had fun with auto-cast builds but again, that's an auto-cast build not purely auto-blitz. If you feel like the other guy who says "No such thing as no viable build in WoE because team!" is right, I feel like you wouldn't have made this thread asking for help.

Edited by Quoc, 25 September 2017 - 09:15 PM.

#15 nosre

nosre

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationSEA

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:23 PM

Oh the irony in that post. Also, have fun with your terrible reading comprehension. Wasted enough time replying to you, that I have myself to blame.

Here's a final tip. Next time when someone tries to ask for help/information, don't reply with "OMG YOU CAN DO ANYTHING! I BELIEVE IN YOU 'PRETTY GIRL'!" And actually reply with some useful information.

What is wrong with you?

negative post, judging people, no respect of other's, now mocking other's people comprehension?

this is a really bad attitude, quite disappointing for a pro player.

well like I've said :

this is the way that others can see if you're just a kid in a forum or a real man that can respect everyone opinion

if u really want to win this badly, like you win your WOE? okay then I'm sorry if my post hurts your feelings

please stop bullying me  :p_cry:

now i know what it's feel when people use "Costume : Scratching cat"  :heh:

#16 Scottdfa

Scottdfa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:29 AM

For hunter, so long as you have 50+ vit now you should be WOE-able. Later on when dancers come out, 100 (with food) will probably be needed.

#17 KowalskiZapata

KowalskiZapata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Server:BANNED BOOOOY!

Posted 30 September 2017 - 02:21 AM

With blitz its all about how you play, For obvious reasons you don't wanna go blow for blow with someone you wanna keep the distance and constantly change arrows poking for the right element, As for WoE Traps are youre best friend seeing as we have a swarm of monks on the prowl shock wave traps will send their baby fists home ankle snares will just ruin the days of any attackers and mines are OP. 

Oh btw cats suck dogs all day baby.

Edited by KowalskiZapata, 30 September 2017 - 02:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users