This is it, folks! The last general loading screen thread of the year!
Please submit all your lovely loading screen creations for the months of October, November, and December here!
(Please review before submitting!)
1. Size. Entries must be 4:3 aspect ratio to fit loading screens. The proper size for our loading screens is 640x480px and 100KB or less. If you submit anything outside of that size, it will be readjusted to fit. If you'd like to size it yourself (this is preferred), sites like this will scale down your pictures and let you set a maximum file size.
2. Credit. You must note if you are submitting as an artist or with a commissioned work and post the name of the artist. If you're submitting commissioned art, it cannot be work that has been previously submitted to this or any other loading screen contests. It also cannot be very, very old, like done over 1 year ago. Let's keep it recent and decent
3. Self-promotion. You may include your deviantArt, tumblr, or personal artist website in the artwork or the submission post.
4. Plagiarism. Using specific elements taken from another artists work (while subject to interpretation) without attribution or acknowledgement of the inspiration can be too close to plagiarism, and may cause the artwork to be rejected. Likewise, entries with heavy use of stock imagery, clipart, and photographs will be rejected.
5. Frequency. Only one submission per poster per month. If you post up multiple artworks during the month, please indicate which one you would rather be included first, otherwise it will be chosen for you.
6. Propaganda. Guild emblems in loading screen art is acceptable, but please do not turn it into propaganda or advertisement (ie: "X guild is better than Y guild!" or "Join X guild!")
7. Quality. While the general loading screen thread is for showcasing all fanarts and is not a contest, we expect there to be some level of quality and effort put into it. The loading screen thread is open to all honest artists and we want everybody to do their best, however, if a submission is deemed as lacking effort, it will not be included in either the loading screens or the prize pool for the month. These decisions are left to the discretion of the CMs and VMods alone. If your art is not included and you would like to contest the matter, you may PM either CM Astra or VMod Cinnamon.
8. Post format. When submitting your artwork, please include the following information in this format:
- Prizes are awarded to participants whose entries have been chosen for loading screen display.
If yours is not chosen, you are free to submit again, unless you disqualify for plagiarism or other such bad activities
- Prizes will change once every quarter.
That means there will be one prize each for the periods of January-March, April-June, July-September, and October-December, a total of 4 different prizes. Each prize will be introduced at the beginning of its quarter. This is the "Core 4"
- Prize distribution will remain on a monthly basis, based on the month the art was submitted.
For example, if you submit in March but aren't displayed until April, you will get the prize for March.
All prizes for the month's submissions will be distributed at the end of the month.
- Only one prize will be awarded to each artist per month.
Yes, this means you can potentially get the same prize 3 times. However...
- We will keep the Creative Convention Hats as alternative prizes.
If you still like the Creative Convention Hats from last year, it will be offered as an optional prize for you instead of the Core 4. Just let me know
Core Prize for October - December
Costume: Fox Hat!
It's actually a mask. Ssshh, don't tell!
If you submit during October, November, or December, this is your default prize!
You also have the option of choosing from a Blue, Red, Green, or Orange Creative Convention Hat (pictured below).
A Note on Prizes: Though the prizes listed are unique to this contest for now, it is not intended to be permanently exclusive to this event, and may be used, sold or offered once again in the future should the need or desire arise. Think of it as a timed exclusive
If there are any additional rules that you feel should be considered or listed, please let me know!