Sky Fortress Ticket - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Sky Fortress Ticket

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Gibbly

Gibbly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:10 AM

I was wondering, do you guys normally run it for the entire 3 hours duration when you have time to spare while incurring the wrath of Carpal Tunnel?

Since I'm told as long as you have the ticket you can spam it endlessly and repeat it by exchanging EMB for more tickets. Now for classes that auto-attack this would be easier but Magic/AoE classes would have it hard since they are required to target the MVP constantly or mobs (depending on what you're after). Would anyone be interested in the idea of splitting the VIP ticket into three 1hr parts since such an item already exists for Non-VIP accounts. This would mostly likely reduce the strain for players by giving them time to rest in-between the spam runs.

Granted, at the end of the day the best argument would be on the lines of, "If you find it hard, just do it as many times as you can and then let it be." But as we all know, when it comes to farming, people go into overdrive mode whenever possible with the idiom, "More bang for the buck."

tl;dr: Do people want the VIP 3 hr ticket to be broken into 3 1hr tickets each.

#2 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 01 October 2017 - 02:59 AM

tl;dr: Do people want the VIP 3 hr ticket to be broken into 3 1hr tickets each.

for me, yes, since its hard for me to find the right time to play for 3 hours straight. And even if i have the time, doing the same thing over and over again can be very boring pretty fast.

I use my katar crit gx to farm stefan so i dont have problem with too much clicking. So far I havent got any of those lindy/juliet/sunflower weapons yet  :wacko:

#3 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 October 2017 - 03:00 AM

i always do the full 3hr, on GX, RCing (without a macro), and never had any body issues.

#4 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 October 2017 - 05:18 AM

I would definetly support getting 3x 1h tickets instead of 1x 3h ticket.

With the 3h ticket I only feel like running when I actually have time for (almost) full 3h as it feels like I would waste way too much time otherwise.

Also spamming Stefane on a WL with SE for a full 3h my fingers/hands usually start hurting a bit towards the end.

And having no drop other than Elu/Ori/Yggberry/Yggseed for a full 3h without breaks really gets frustrating. :s

Yes, I could take breaks, but then again I would feel bad for wasting precious time of that Sky Fortress ticket - doesn't matter how easy it is to farm EMB.

There would also be no downside at all for people that want to farm 3h nonstop, as they could just pop another 1h ticket box after the first ran out.

#5 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:14 AM

just don't buy vip and there you go, you have 1 hr ticket instead of 3 hrs lmao.

#6 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 08:42 AM

just don't buy vip and there you go, you have 1 hr ticket instead of 3 hrs lmao.

This would feel bad and be stupid for multiple reasons, :

1) lower drop rate - you want as much drop rate as possible, especially when you try to farm Stefane

2) waste of EMB - why use 25 EMB to get a 1h ticket, when I can use the same ammount to get a 3 times as much time? doesn't matter how easy EMB are to farm, it just feels like a huge waste tof EMB

3) the account I farm with is VIP the whole time because I also have stuff I level on it, transfering characters off to get less drop rate or not VIPing it to get less exp on the stuff I level is just stupid

4) and so on

#7 CadburyChocolate

CadburyChocolate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3553 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:33 AM

This would feel bad and be stupid for multiple reasons, :

1) lower drop rate - you want as much drop rate as possible, especially when you try to farm Stefane

2) waste of EMB - why use 25 EMB to get a 1h ticket, when I can use the same ammount to get a 3 times as much time? doesn't matter how easy EMB are to farm, it just feels like a huge waste tof EMB

3) the account I farm with is VIP the whole time because I also have stuff I level on it, transfering characters off to get less drop rate or not VIPing it to get less exp on the stuff I level is just stupid

4) and so on

dont be serious, he was just kidding obviously

#8 Boyeteers

Boyeteers

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3545 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

0.01% card drop rate doesn't mean it will drop surely even if you're vip and having gum at the same time. Tbh I'm getting more card without using gum/vip when farming in tis. And it's lucky rng when someone got fenrir card w/o gum than those who use gum for years now and didn't get one. Same with farming gtb cards in et. If the card or the weapon is for you, then you're destined to have it as what the old folks says.

Edited by Boyeteers, 01 October 2017 - 09:45 AM.

#9 Hirumminho

Hirumminho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • LocationPlanet of the apes (Brazil)
  • Server:Retired

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:49 AM

0.01% card drop rate doesn't mean it will drop surely even if you're vip and having gum at the same time. Tbh I'm getting more card without using gum/vip when farming in tis. And it's lucky rng when someone got fenrir card w/o gum than those who use gum for years now and didn't get one. Same with farming gtb cards in et. If the card or the weapon is for you, then you're destined to have it as what the old folks says.

it's ~0.02% drop rate actually, so with vip it's ~0.03%, gum makes it 0.06% i think, so it acutually matter, but as you said in the end it's all rng, but having higher rates still help with the rng...

#10 kubikyuu

kubikyuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1046 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 07:35 PM

Looking back at all my time of RO and looking at people I personally knew getting MVP cards I can safely say: If this is the case 99% of the time only complete retards are destined to get an MVP card.

And I never said it would surely drop even with VIP + gum + drop event, I just want to get the average of kills needed to get what I want as low as possible, because:

it's ~0.02% drop rate actually, so with vip it's ~0.03%, gum makes it 0.06% i think, so it acutually matter, but as you said in the end it's all rng, but having higher rates still help with the rng...

Add me having little to no time to farm outside of weekends and...

If you don't want to gum: fine then don't do it.

But don't try to make extremely bad jokes like "don't get VIP so you only have a 1h ticket oh and don't gum either" because some people that are bad with averages and %s might actually take that as good advice.

In the end it's still all about chances, I still rather like mine as high as I can have them. :v

#11 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:44 PM

im in favor of making it 3pcs 1hr box instead of 1pc 3hrs box. that sh-t will help me motivate to do skyfortress every night. 

#12 XanneAgain

XanneAgain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 11:47 PM

Make this happen, please. I can't think of any negative impact from these changes. My 3hr ticket box is still sitting in my inventory just waiting for the right time to do a full 3-hour run, and it's been almost a month since i bought it lol

#13 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:21 AM

Yeah 3 x 1 hour ticket is way better option.

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 03:36 AM

Option to get a 1hr ticket for 10 EMBs i guess

#15 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:33 AM

Option to get a 1hr ticket for 10 EMBs i guess

this is good too. even though you'll lose 5 EMBs but still, its better than 3hrs = 25EMBs

#16 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:15 AM

costing more is exactly the point. So there's still a reason to get the 3hr one if you want to save some EMBs and have the time for it.

#17 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 09:26 AM

I support the idea of splitting the tickets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users