Ninja needs and nots and overall PVP thoughts - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ninja needs and nots and overall PVP thoughts

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

( By your and only Chaos a walking troll on Adrenaline :P )

First of all I hope this topic will encourage pro people that main a class to write several topics on every skill the think neds a change and somehow based on the 3 statements down below towards a RNG free pvp.

IF STAFF MEMBERS READ THIS TOPIC READ FIRST THIS LITTLE PART PLEASE COVERED IN DASHES TY :P

---- I hope this topic doesnt get shoved off with a simple no at least I hope it gets read and opinions will be stated why not. I am aware that those changes will not and cannot happen overnight with the work the team has to do for the upcoming Arcadia part events and etc.  ----

Hello everyone first of all thank you that you are willing to read this this text :P After playing ninja for a while in bsq in 1v1s , EW and so on I wanted to post some of my thoughts what that class needs in pvp and what it doesn’t to be competitive.

My first overall PvP thoughts are ( which most people want )

100% Stun Rates

Shorter Stun Durations

Higher Cooldowns on stun/freeze/etc skills

I think there is nothing else to add there basicly its about getting RNG completely out of PvP with the 100% stuns you can catch people with more skills but on the other hand since the cooldowns are higher you have to consider your positioning ( And with the higher cooldowns we can hopefully getting rid of 1v1 perma locks ingame which have been the plague of this game for way too long )

Okay that’s basicly it to overall thoughts and my skill reworks will be based on the upper statements that’s why I wanted it to be said.

( In this thread we will be ignoring bugs and issues connected to lags im having them too cant be helped just deal with it )

Lets start with the first tree

PS : Not gonna touch the poisoning skills for now I might add some of my thoughts after testing em more and find a proper idea to change / enhance em.

PS 2 : Skills that have stuns knockup etc and are not mentioned can stay as they are or don’t have a legit idea how to change em atm.

Thief

Skill Name:

Rocket Punch  - a straight forward skill shot that stuns on hit with a 95% chance on hit

My Idea – give it a shorter range like 50% a higher speed of flight and reduce the stuns duration to 2-3 sec and a 100% stun rate.

Reasons : The skill is heavily bombarded with bad opinions that its overpowered but only due to lags without lags it’s a realy easy dodgeable skill. The speed increase is for the purpose of people not outrunning the glove so they actualy have to dodge it ( yes with 400 ms you can outrun the glove ) The stun rate should be 100% to get rid of rng that’s why the duration of the stun gets shortened and the range of it too as a balancing nerf.

Infiltrator

Skill Name:

April Fools – Already discussed this skill in this topic https://forums.warpp...il-fool-issues/

Ambush – Attacks enemy few times dealing massive damage and throwing them into the air

My Idea : I think this skill works out the only complainment I have against that skill is that the throw up into the air is a little way too high?

Reasons : Basicly a free escape for everyone making that skill kinda wastefull to use in a combo but still dealing high damage.

Violent Blow – 4 attacks behind with a 25% chance of stunning the enemy with a lvl 6 stun at lvl 10 ( 3-4 seconds or so no clue atm but its long )

My Idea : What this skill needs is  a 100% chance of stunning and the stuns duration does not need to be so humungulous 1 second is plenty for that skill.

Reasons : Again this is way to rng for competetive PvP you might or might not stun the enemy while performing a combo and if it does not u usualy get destroyed by other classes (  destroyers cast flashbang 4 sec stun 100% chance  , impact presser into spell trap, barbarian, headspin etc etc..)

Shadow Walk – Makes the caster invisible for a few seconds to the enemy

My idea – I would make the skill last just a few seconds as in a maximum of 10 seconds ( even that sounds a lot to me would need some testing )

Reasons : When the changes applying up there will somehow be agreed to be used then the duration of invisibility is OP so I could understand not to allow that in PvP as it is now.

Burrow – Basicly burrows under the surface making yourself invincible for few seconds

My thoughts – This skill got no use for now and I consider it way too OP for pvp if I get any idea how to rework it ill edit it.

Assasin

Skill Name:

Hypnotizer – An AOE that has a 90% chance to put the enemy to sleep for a humungulous amount of time ( I litteraly made myself a drink before the duration went off on a guy xD )

My Idea : 100% hit chance with a 2-4 sec duration ( needs testing )

Reasons : I myself got no clue making this skill a 100% even with a short duration like 2-3 seconds a monsterous catching skill like barbarian it would be slightly OP in my opinion. Dont know tell me your thoughts guys about a change like that. Or remove the skill until tools are working.

Shadow Leap -  Already discussed this skill in a previous topic

https://forums.warpp...il-fool-issues/

Perfect Strike – A 1 attack skill dealing massive dmg ( haha as if xD ) and moving slightly forward.

My Idea : 1. Idea damage done from finaly attack power instead of weapon one and dealing massive damage as it writes ( something like snipe would be actualy great ) So basicly the same as it is now

2. Idea The one I have been waiting for : giving the skill dmg that it deserves and utilty as in doing one charge forward and one backward almost like in the Awakening skill Shadow blade but throwing the enemy slightly up with every hit ( something like sniping from sentinel just 2 hits forward and backwards ) giving the skill damage and utility and kinda a fun factor for more flashy combos.

Reasons : The main reason is the skill is way too underpowered considering its SP cost its cooldown and its damage ( even tho description states its op :P ) the only use nowadays is using it as positioning for a skillshot or more likely for escaping with super armor

Devilstorm Dart – straight forward skill shot that knocks down the enemy

My Idea : Can the end animation of this skill be a little cut down its cast is way too long

Reasons : This skill is a pretty nice combo filler with a little extra if you have the passive to reduce the oponents max hp by a certain % and giving it a bleed effect. The casting time is just a little too long due to the animation giving fast characters almost a 100% easy chance to run away.

Wood Rush – After a cast time a wood log appears with very slow movement dealing heavy damage to the enemy and slowing em.

My Idea : reducing the MS slow on it to 10% and giving it a jump dash block for 1- max 2 seconds applying on every hit it deals

Reasons : Wood rush is a heavy damage skill that needs a cast and it can be filled into a combo but it kind of doesnt fit exactly its role. You see its nice and great having damage but a skill with a cast time ( which can be stopcasted 24/7 by random skill shot hits ) should have a little more utility and having a jump / dash block for 1 second on every hit it deals does not sound that horribly strong compared to existing skills already.

Ninja

Skill Name:

Protect Edge – Creates swirling blades around the ninja dealing consecutive dmg to the enemy

My Idea : Usable while in Ninja frenzy too

Reasons : Basicly a not that bad skill but sadly never used it tho so cant realy guess the dmg of it properly. If it would be usable as a buff lot of ppl would use it with proper dmg on it.

( not gonna start with the awakenings because well you know thats another story :D Ill just scratch on the surface )

Cross Blade – Summons 3 Shadow ninjas dealing massive damage and knocking back the enemy.

My Idea : Lower the knockback distance or remove it completely ? ( woud need some testing aswell )

Reasons : The damage of this skill is undeniable awesome but you will never see its damage because it throws people and mobs all over the place unless frozen.

I think that should be everything and I hope there are people out there that have way too much free time ( obviously like me  why sleeping when you can write a lot of garbage :P ) to read the whole topic :D

I hope you found at least 1 skill rework that might sound usefull in the future and please state your opinions down below feedback if its all garbage I wrote or something might be usefull.

AND PLEASE KEEP THIS TOPIC CLEAN NO HATE WARS, FLAME WARS and W / E ELSE WARS EXIST ON THIS FORUM ... Thank you :P

PS : I hope you wont kill me for my horrible grammar xD

Edited by Kristof3195, 02 October 2017 - 02:30 PM.

#2 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:03 PM

First of all I hope this topic will encourage pro people that main a class to write several topics on every skill the think neds a change and somehow based on the 3 statements down below towards a RNG free pvp.

IF STAFF MEMBERS READ THIS TOPIC READ FIRST THIS LITTLE PART PLEASE COVERED IN DASHES TY :P

---- I hope this topic doesnt get shoved off with a simple no at least I hope it gets read and opinions will be stated why not. I am aware that those changes will not and cannot happen overnight with the work the team has to do for the upcoming Arcadia part events and etc.  ----

Hello everyone first of all thank you that you are willing to read this this text :P After playing ninja for a while in bsq in 1v1s , EW and so on I wanted to post some of my thoughts what that class needs in pvp and what it doesn’t to be competitive.

100% Stun Rates

Shorter Stun Durations

I think there is nothing else to add there basicly its about getting RNG completely out of PvP with the 100% stuns you can catch people with more skills but on the other hand since the cooldowns are higher you have to consider your positioning ( And with the higher cooldowns we can hopefully getting rid of 1v1 perma locks ingame which have been the plague of this game for way too long )

Okay that’s basicly it to overall thoughts and my skill reworks will be based on the upper statements that’s why I wanted it to be said.

( In this thread we will be ignoring bugs and issues connected to lags im having them too cant be helped just deal with it )

PS : Not gonna touch the poisoning skills for now I might add some of my thoughts after testing em more and find a proper idea to change / enhance em.

PS 2 : Skills that have stuns knockup etc and are not mentioned can stay as they are or don’t have a legit idea how to change em atm.

Thief

Skill Name:

Rocket Punch  - a straight forward skill shot that stuns on hit with a 95% chance on hit

My Idea – give it a shorter range like 50% a higher speed of flight and reduce the stuns duration to 2-3 sec and a 100% stun rate.

Reasons : The skill is heavily bombarded with bad opinions that its overpowered but only due to lags without lags it’s a realy easy dodgeable skill. The speed increase is for the purpose of people not outrunning the glove so they actualy have to dodge it ( yes with 400 ms you can outrun the glove ) The stun rate should be 100% to get rid of rng that’s why the duration of the stun gets shortened and the range of it too as a balancing nerf.

Infiltrator

Skill Name:

April Fools – Already discussed this skill in this topic https://forums.warpp...il-fool-issues/

Ambush – Attacks enemy few times dealing massive damage and throwing them into the air

My Idea : I think this skill works out the only complainment I have against that skill is that the throw up into the air is a little way too high?

Reasons : Basicly a free escape for everyone making that skill kinda wastefull to use in a combo but still dealing high damage.

Violent Blow – 4 attacks behind with a 25% chance of stunning the enemy with a lvl 6 stun at lvl 10 ( 3-4 seconds or so no clue atm but its long )

My Idea : What this skill needs is  a 100% chance of stunning and the stuns duration does not need to be so humungulous 1 second is plenty for that skill.

Reasons : Again this is way to rng for competetive PvP you might or might not stun the enemy while performing a combo and if it does not u usualy get destroyed by other classes (  destroyers cast flashbang 4 sec stun 100% chance  , impact presser into spell trap, barbarian, headspin etc etc..)

My idea – I would make the skill last just a few seconds as in a maximum of 10 seconds ( even that sounds a lot to me would need some testing )

Reasons : When the changes applying up there will somehow be agreed to be used then the duration of invisibility is OP so I could understand not to allow that in PvP as it is now.

one question : is the skill make you visible if you attack during the invisibility? if yes it all good if not, make the skill  condition> if the player attack while in shadow walk , lose the invisibility effect.

Burrow – Basicly burrows under the surface making yourself invincible for few seconds

My thoughts – This skill got no use for now and I consider it way too OP for pvp if I get any idea how to rework it ill edit it.

Just block it in pvp, it like the Emergency exit from Priest, it was remove cause it just over power to evade deadly skill.

Assasin

Skill Name:

Hypnotizer – An AOE that has a 90% chance to put the enemy to sleep for a humungulous amount of time ( I litteraly made myself a drink before the duration went off on a guy xD )

Reasons : I myself got no clue making this skill a 100% even with a short duration like 2-3 seconds a monsterous catching skill like barbarian it would be slightly OP in my opinion. Dont know tell me your thoughts guys about a change like that. Or remove the skill until tools are working.

the sleep is to long, but compare to freeze effect the effect is off if the player get attack just like the frog skill from monk.

Perfect Strike – A 1 attack skill dealing massive dmg ( haha as if xD ) and moving slightly forward.

My Idea : 1. Idea damage done from finaly attack power instead of weapon one and dealing massive damage as it writes ( something like snipe would be actualy great ) So basicly the same as it is now

2. Idea The one I have been waiting for : giving the skill dmg that it deserves and utilty as in doing one charge forward and one backward almost like in the Awakening skill Shadow blade but throwing the enemy slightly up with every hit ( something like sniping from sentinel just 2 hits forward and backwards ) giving the skill damage and utility and kinda a fun factor for more flashy combos.

Reasons : The main reason is the skill is way too underpowered considering its SP cost its cooldown and its damage ( even tho description states its op :P ) the only use nowadays is using it as positioning for a skillshot or more likely for escaping with super armor

i can only agree with this the skill is yea under power for a 1 combo skill short range. Make the range maybe slightly longer and change how the is calculated

My Idea : Can the end animation of this skill be a little cut down its cast is way too long

Reasons : This skill is a pretty nice combo filler with a little extra if you have the passive to reduce the oponents max hp by a certain % and giving it a bleed effect. The casting time is just a little too long due to the animation giving fast characters almost a 100% easy chance to run away.

Wood Rush – After a cast time a wood log appears with very slow movement dealing heavy damage to the enemy and slowing em.

My Idea : reducing the MS slow on it to 10% and giving it a jump dash block for 1- max 2 seconds applying on every hit it deals

Reasons : Wood rush is a heavy damage skill that needs a cast and it can be filled into a combo but it kind of doesnt fit exactly its role. You see its nice and great having damage but a skill with a cast time ( which can be stopcasted 24/7 by random skill shot hits ) should have a little more utility and having a jump / dash block for 1 second on every hit it deals does not sound that horribly strong compared to existing skills already.

Ninja

Skill Name:

Protect Edge – Creates swirling blades around the ninja dealing consecutive dmg to the enemy

Reasons : Basicly a not that bad skill but sadly never used it tho so cant realy guess the dmg of it properly. If it would be usable as a buff lot of ppl would use it with proper dmg on it.

( not gonna start with the awakenings because well you know thats another story :D Ill just scratch on the surface )

Cross Blade – Summons 3 Shadow ninjas dealing massive damage and knocking back the enemy.

My Idea : Lower the knockback distance or remove it completely ? ( woud need some testing aswell )

Reasons : The damage of this skill is undeniable awesome but you will never see its damage because it throws people and mobs all over the place unless frozen.

I think that should be everything and I hope there are people out there that have way too much free time ( obviously like me  why sleeping when you can write a lot of garbage :P ) to read the whole topic :D

I hope you found at least 1 skill rework that might sound usefull in the future and please state your opinions down below feedback if its all garbage I wrote or something might be usefull.

AND PLEASE KEEP THIS TOPIC CLEAN NO HATE WARS, FLAME WARS and W / E ELSE WARS EXIST ON THIS FORUM ... Thank you :P

#3 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 October 2017 - 04:23 PM

100% Stun Rates

Shorter Stun Durations

Thief

Skill Name:

its even easy to dodge with lags. its a straight forward projectile which flies slowly. press up or down arrow 1 time -> you successfully dodged it. nothing wrong with the skill or stun duration. i rather take long range, slow speed and 5% miss chance than a shorter one which hits with 100% but only stuns a few seconds.

Infiltrator

Skill Name:

too high, too low. a matter of taste if you ask me.use sky penetration afterwards and you will be fine.

I highly doubt that its 4 seconds stun. 

honestly i think this is too op. with your 100% stuns suggestion its basically a free combo every time.

Assasin

Skill Name:

i dont know. its an OP skill, wouldnt bother if it gets nerfed or disabled. 100% chance is way too op, even everything higher than 75%. just imagine it in group pvp with 100% chance.

increase dmg and decrese cooldown a bit. should be fine

sounds not wrong.

you bind this skill in a combo, or use it when other people catched someone. or you use the range of the skill to take advantage. 

Ninja

Skill Name:

annoying skill.

removing the knockback makes no sense.

in my opinion your suggestions have some flaws. like shortening the rocket punch range and reducing the stun. Imagine following scenario:

sentinel hides in traps. if you shorten RP range you wont be able to stun him (beside sleep maybe). If you lower the cooldown also you cant cast a skill to follow. 

As it is now you can stun the person in his traps and wait for them to disappear (luckily stun duration is long enough) or you cast a woodrush and thanks to the duration the stun has atm woodrush will be able to hit him and to give him a nice debuff. If you work with 100% 1-2 second stuns this wont work. Also in group pvp stuns that only last 1 second would relly suck. i think 3 seconds stun on one, two skills are okay.

Secondly I think you get the idea of RNG based game wrong. Ofc PvP shouldnt be RNG based in a way like old evade rate but in my opinion there isnt a real compromiss to the skills nowadays. Its good that no skill has a 100% stun. I personally dont want a 100% freeze at mages barb, blizzard, penguin

Same with Violent Blow. Just imagine if every blow has a 100% stun you would be able to do everytime you land a hit with VB a complete combo. Where should that lead to? Everytime you get close to a ninja you have to be afraid that they stin you with VB? People would only start running and waiting for VB cooldown to use the skill again and again. Together with its super armor this would be insane.

I think giving every skill a 100% chance to stun / freeze / whatever , harms PvP more than keeping the skills as they are. 

#4 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 10:08 PM

in my opinion your suggestions have some flaws. like shortening the rocket punch range and reducing the stun. Imagine following scenario:

sentinel hides in traps. if you shorten RP range you wont be able to stun him (beside sleep maybe). If you lower the cooldown also you cant cast a skill to follow. 

As it is now you can stun the person in his traps and wait for them to disappear (luckily stun duration is long enough) or you cast a woodrush and thanks to the duration the stun has atm woodrush will be able to hit him and to give him a nice debuff. If you work with 100% 1-2 second stuns this wont work. Also in group pvp stuns that only last 1 second would relly suck. i think 3 seconds stun on one, two skills are okay.

Secondly I think you get the idea of RNG based game wrong. Ofc PvP shouldnt be RNG based in a way like old evade rate but in my opinion there isnt a real compromiss to the skills nowadays. Its good that no skill has a 100% stun. I personally dont want a 100% freeze at mages barb, blizzard, penguin

Same with Violent Blow. Just imagine if every blow has a 100% stun you would be able to do everytime you land a hit with VB a complete combo. Where should that lead to? Everytime you get close to a ninja you have to be afraid that they stin you with VB? People would only start running and waiting for VB cooldown to use the skill again and again. Together with its super armor this would be insane.

I think giving every skill a 100% chance to stun / freeze / whatever , harms PvP more than keeping the skills as they are. 

Thanks for your feedback first of all.

Now to your answers below.

Yes I thought about that my usual strategy is getting a wood rush out into the trap followed by a Cross blade which forces the sentinel either leave the trap or position himself behind the trap for an easy swift attack followed by a VB and etc etc.. Its possible to work around it even with rocket punch. 

The second thought what you have. As I said other people maining other classes would have to voice their opinions on skills like penguin and blizzard what chance does it have to have ofc it would be OP having them completely 100% chance since they do consecutive hits. And with a higher cooldown it wouldnt be spammable so even if it would had a higher chance they can use it in 1 combo that usualy everybody could survive.

to VB being 100% why it isnt that OP - Isnt this the thin line between pro players and newbies in PvP? The skill to anticipate and dodge skill shots, enemy attacks and look for a muster how they move to get an opening on them? Correct me if Im wrong but there is no skill in it praying to RNGesus if I get hit by a 25% or a 90% chance to hit skill that lasts XXX seconds and has a 2 second cooldown. Ofcourse Violent blow would get a higher cooldown due to being a stun so It cant be spammed twice or more times in a combo ( unless more people lock ) 

Edited by Kristof3195, 02 October 2017 - 10:10 PM.

#5 TurtleTuber

TurtleTuber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:02 PM

Yea, but how would you want to get close to a ninja as long you are playing a close ranged class if a single blow from VB stuns you?

Would be the same like playing against invoker. U "run" until they use barb, then you go atk.

And im not a fan of long cooldowns since they are slowing the game down. If you have 20+ sec cooldown on every skill, how are you supposed to play?

Your idea to remove perma lock with skills is.. meh.. sure, perma lock sucks but im glad that i am able to use a skill twice in a combo when the opponent starts running away. To remove perma lock you would have to increase all classes skills cooldown (overlord, dragoon, invo, sorc, twin, summy, savage, ninja) and also giving cooldown on chains (archer, wariors).

Your ideas on devil dart and perfect strike are nice tho.

Edited by TurtleTuber, 02 October 2017 - 11:06 PM.

#6 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Server:None

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:45 PM

Convert all damage into final damage for ninja. Also make woodrush hit 4x faster np.

#7 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 07:29 AM

Convert all damage into final damage for ninja. Also make woodrush hit 4x faster np.

thats way too simple :( :D 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users