Lord of Vermillion or Meteor Storm? Heaven's Drive? - Mage Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Lord of Vermillion or Meteor Storm? Heaven's Drive?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Creaitov

Creaitov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:39 AM

Hi guys! What are the pros and cons of each of these AoE? Is heaven's drive any good?  :questionmark: 

Considering you always get storm gust as a wiz, this leaves you with a weakness against water and wind monsters. At first glance it seems that LoV is a clear winner here because it actually lets you hit water monsters whereas MS only helps against elements you can already kill with storm gust. In the case of wind monsters... well a weakened storm gust still hits like a truck and you can always finish frozen monsters with jupitel thunder.

Aaaand... there is heaven's drive. It's not that flashy compared to the rest of your AoEs yet it complements storm gust perfectly in the elements table and costs only 5 points to max. Also, it has a fast cast time and low cast delay so its kinda spammeable. Is this spell worth considering? I like the fact that you can spam it and that the low skill point requirement allows you to get other spells, but I've never used it for anything more than breaking frozen mobs so I can storm gust again.

If you had to choose only one of these aoes (besides storm gust), which one would you get? and why?

BTW I'm speaking from the PvM side of things, I've never played PvP or WoE so I don't really know how things work there.

Thanks for your input.  :ok:

#2 DFreak423

DFreak423

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:50 AM

One major thing to consider is the future. When bards come around, magic string makes your spells more spammable. Out of the 3 major AoEs, Meteor Storm is the only one that is stackable. You can cast 3-4 SGs in one spot but you get no more effect than just casting 1, same with LoV due to it's hit limit delay, Meteor Storm on the other hand stacks fully so you can, with enough casting speed, create a zone of hitlock and death, especially once Salamander Cards become available.

Personally I like to get them all. This is my wiz skill build. http://irowiki.org/~...KnndodqabcKHxgK

Edited by DFreak423, 08 October 2017 - 10:53 AM.

#3 Creaitov

Creaitov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:34 AM

I see, so MS is the most value for WoE I suppose, although if I want to WoE I'll have to reset because I got fire wall instead of safety wall.

Anyways, I was thinking of going with a build similar to the one you posted but the problem is that its very tight on points so you can't get skills like ice wall for example. Also, no one starts at max lv so you have to prioritize leveling one AoE first lol.

Speaking of ice wall, is it worth getting? I think it would complement fire wall well when controlling monsters (mainly fire and undead ones) but I read somewhere that its disabled on dungeons so I'm not sure.

I still don't know about heaven's drive though, on paper it seems good but I don't know what to expect.

#4 6281170818170615897

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:43 AM

Don't even bother with LoV. Costs 96 SP, the damage is laughable, and it just causes mobs to warp all over the place unpredictably.

#5 weeko

weeko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:15 PM

I have all the 3 aoe in a build vry similar to the posted above

but having all 3 costs u some precious skill points that could be used elsewhere

go for meteor storm, like was said once bards are released it will become a thing

heavens drive is usefull as a utility skill not as a damage aoe

sry about my poor english

#6 Creaitov

Creaitov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:49 PM

Thanks guys! I think I will stick to MS then.

Don't even bother with LoV. Costs 96 SP, the damage is laughable, and it just causes mobs to warp all over the place unpredictably.

Sooo... I should give up on mobbing water monsters and just jupitel thunder them one by one?

Edited by Creaitov, 09 October 2017 - 12:50 PM.

#7 6281170818170615897

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

Thanks guys! I think I will stick to MS then.

Sooo... I should give up on mobbing water monsters and just jupitel thunder them one by one?

Where exactly are you mobbing water monsters? If Anolian, you would be better off freezing with Frost nova (can freeze water mobs) followed by Thunderstorm. LoV is like really really bad.

There are way more areas to mob with SG/MS

#8 Creaitov

Creaitov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationChile

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:19 PM

Where exactly are you mobbing water monsters? If Anolian, you would be better off freezing with Frost nova (can freeze water mobs) followed by Thunderstorm. LoV is like really really bad.

There are way more areas to mob with SG/MS

Well without any kind of lighting AoE I can't mob them, so I'm stuck with setting fire walls and spamming jupitel thunder to kill them.

I've tried Anolians but I take too long killing them one by one (3 - 4 JT casts per kill), not very efficient IMO. Other place I tried back then when I was lower level was Byalan, but it was too risky with Marc's speed and Swordfish's water ball so I left.

Another problem I have with water monsters is that they can't be frozen so besides fire wall I have nothing else to protect myself. I guess I could get frost nova with the free points from LoV to help with this.

#9 6281170818170615897

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

Well without any kind of lighting AoE I can't mob them, so I'm stuck with setting fire walls and spamming jupitel thunder to kill them.

I've tried Anolians but I take too long killing them one by one (3 - 4 JT casts per kill), not very efficient IMO. Other place I tried back then when I was lower level was Byalan, but it was too risky with Marc's speed and Swordfish's water ball so I left.

Another problem I have with water monsters is that they can't be frozen so besides fire wall I have nothing else to protect myself. I guess I could get frost nova with the free points from LoV to help with this.

I personally like Alarms with SG and Firewall. You set Firewall in a way that will create kind of a "trap" for the frozen mobs to get stuck on. Works best against a wall.  The Firewall repeatedly breaks the ice and they eat like every hit from lv10 SG.

I don't have much info in regards to Anolian farming with a Wizard. LoV is probably best for this if you have a party mate mobbing. Solo Anolian videos I have seen involved mobbing Anolian, casting SW, and then spamming Frost Nova until all are frozen followed by Thunderstorm. Doing this over and over again since TS allows you to re-cast Frost Nova sooner than LoV (i think)

Easier still is to just use Firewall + Quagmire + 1 Meteor Storm to kill X alarms in 1 shot lol.

Mobbing on most more difficult maps seems to require SW and a high jlvl to absord maximum damage. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users