What to give up for Safety Wall? Helpful to all. - Mage Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What to give up for Safety Wall? Helpful to all.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 6281170818170615897

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:19 AM

http://irowiki.org/~...xoXeBdqabcAHkgK

First thing's first: LoV is a complete garbage ability. Don't waste your points like I did.

I recently respecced to get SW and thought I'd try a Firewall-less build with SG and LoV. I can't even play without Firewall. However, I do want to keep Safety Wall bc I see the potential at higher base/jlvls. Having Safety wall just opens up many more maps to explore.

So I'm going to respec again to get FW back, but I want to keep SW. What can I drop from this build and/or how to spend last 6 points.

3/5 quagmire, 9/10 fire bolt?

3/5 quagmire, 5/5 hd, 5/10 fire bolt?

10/10 fire bolt?

I really don't know. Any help please?

Edited by 6281170818170615897, 09 October 2017 - 11:58 AM.

#2 Creaitov

Creaitov

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:17 AM

I'm no expert but I would probably max fire bolt because even though wiz excels at aoe you still need some kind of single target damage and fire bolt covers the elements that jupitel thunder can't kill effectively.

#3 Hemppp

Hemppp

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:28 AM

Quag is op in woe.

Edited by Hemppp, 10 October 2017 - 03:29 AM.

#4 SemBadTriip

SemBadTriip

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationWonderland
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:00 AM

LoV is a very good skill.

First, your Wizz is focused on what? PvM or WoE?

Since you increased Jupiter Thunder at level 10, I would prefer Frost Diver also at level 10 instead of SW, for up solo.

With up in group, you will always have a sacer at your side to protect you, making SW a less used skill.

And a more advanced level Quamire is superior to Fire bolt, both in pvp and in woe.

#5 6281170818170615897

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:08 AM

I'm no expert but I would probably max fire bolt because even though wiz excels at aoe you still need some kind of single target damage and fire bolt covers the elements that jupitel thunder can't kill effectively.

Thank you for your response! So I ended up respeccing twice last night and what I decided to go with was:

lv9 Firewall, lv3 Quagmire, lv10 Firebolt: http://irowiki.org/~...woXeBdqabcAHxgK

My reasoning here is that Firewall alone becomes less effective when moving to areas with more and faster enemies...or areas with fire immune enemies like magma dungeon. Safety wall is often preferred in these areas. Furthermore, Quagmire improves Firewall durability and has great synergy with the other Wizard spells. As your cast speed increases, firewall does not need to last AS long. If I could get Firewall 10 I would, but there are not enough points.

Quagmire lv2 is a bit too short when looking at skill duration for spells like Meteor Storm. Quag 3 feels just right. 4/5 last way too long for PvM.

Firebolt 10 like you said, because it is important to have single target damage available. Wizard covers all elements with FB, JT, and SG lv1 for freeze

Meteor Storm over LoV: While I would like to have a wind AoE, LoV is just completely underwhelming. I play mostly solo so I won't be joining Anolian mobbing parties to level. Meteor Storm is better as a follow up to SG with Safety Wall thanks to the stun reducing number of hits on your SW. It also lingers long enough after the cast to cast another low level SG if need be. LoV's damage is really really really bad, it costs too much SP, and it causes mobs to erratically teleport as the server tries to resync their positioning.

#6 6281170818170615897

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:30 AM

LoV is a very good skill.

First, your Wizz is focused on what? PvM or WoE?

Since you increased Jupiter Thunder at level 10, I would prefer Frost Diver also at level 10 instead of SW, for up solo.

With up in group, you will always have a sacer at your side to protect you, making SW a less used skill.

And a more advanced level Quamire is superior to Fire bolt, both in pvp and in woe.

Why in your opinion is LoV a "good skill"? The ONLY reason it is taken in future versions of RO is to complete certain TIs quickly (larger AoE) to level up fast. AFAIK, most of the best areas to mob level in are not Water areas: Alarm, HO, Castle, Chiv, Magma. I have tried both and was extremely disappointed with LoV. My Jupitel Thunder deals like 8-9k vs Water mobs so in most cases I can 1 or 2 shot single target.

I mostly solo PvM and mob. FB 10 and JT 10 are to cover single target damage requirements or as finishers. You can use Quagmire/Firewall/SG1 when needed as replacement to Frost Diver. Frost Diver is unreliable and single target only. You can see MOST builds leaving out FD imo for good reason. It is just not what it used to be.

I believe at some point in time, Frost Nova becomes the go-to for freezing since it can even freeze Water mobs.

#7 iDeco

iDeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:47 AM

LoV it's a very important skill to level up with party  hard mobs. We don't got a bard yet but whe got at least suffragium, sg + lov it's a very good way to kill them. Profit elemental, lock, dmg, great area. Or i was leveling wrong my entire life? Maybe the skill isn't good for you or your way to play, but call the skill as garbage is very, very wrong. For you, who do PvM alone, can not be a good skill, but at a high level/party, it's a must have.

#8 6281170818170615897

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 09:22 AM

LoV it's a very important skill to level up with party  hard mobs. We don't got a bard yet but whe got at least suffragium, sg + lov it's a very good way to kill them. Profit elemental, lock, dmg, great area. Or i was leveling wrong my entire life? Maybe the skill isn't good for you or your way to play, but call the skill as garbage is very, very wrong. For you, who do PvM alone, can not be a good skill, but at a high level/party, it's a must have.

In theory, SG+LoV would be the best combo.

SG for Neutral, Earth, Undead, Fire, Wind mobs

LoV for Water mobs and as a way to break the ice while dealing some damage

Problem is that LoV doesn't bundle all of the damage into 1 "pulse". The first pulse breaks SG ice and deals 175% damage. The rest deal damage based on enemy property. LoV hits neutral enemies for a like couple hundred damage per pulse making that initial damage bonus negligible on non-Water mobs. If I had to give any positive input regarding LoV, it would be the cast time and spell animation is faster and it has a larger radius. LoV deals around 8k damage total to an Anolian with good gear, and is probably the best spell for party mobbing Anolian and fastest way to 99...but is that worth 10 skill points? Up to you. In a very later version of RO, LoV is preferred for fast TIs.

Despite common misconception, LoV does not "lock" in any way shape or form. It only seems to "lock" enemies when the cast is killing the enemy you're fighting. You can test this for yourself by casting LoV on Alarms or any mob of high HP enemies only to have them warp into their actual position once the server re-syncs their position for your client.

MS on the other hand deals 4375% MATK if all meteors land. Meteors tend to all hit whatever is in the center but it can be a bit random at times. With average gearing, MS can deal in the realm of ~20k damage. Comparing to the example above, Anolian takes 60% fire damage, or a ceiling of 12k damage from a Fire spell...and stun.

I am not saying MS is a better spell to cast vs Anolian in this case. LoV can be cast and re-cast faster. It will be better for mobbing Wind monsters. I am simply saying that as an Ice Breaker and Mob killing AoE on most enemies in the game, MS is superior to LoV, even when compared to monsters that are generally strong vs Fire.

Edited by 6281170818170615897, 10 October 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#9 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:07 AM

LoV will only become really usefull on Ice Cave, to kill groups of Ice Titans. Another downside of LoV is that it doesnt stacks with itself, after every wave of damage, the monster becomes immune to LoV for 1~2s, then he takes damage again(Same happens for SG). This makes it so spamming LoV on strings becomes pointless. Meteor on the other hand can stack infinitely, and every hit will deal it's damage.

#10 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:50 AM

LoV will only become really usefull on Ice Cave, to kill groups of Ice Titans. Another downside of LoV is that it doesnt stacks with itself, after every wave of damage, the monster becomes immune to LoV for 1~2s, then he takes damage again(Same happens for SG). This makes it so spamming LoV on strings becomes pointless. Meteor on the other hand can stack infinitely, and every hit will deal it's damage.

Not to be pedantic, but this isn't actually true. How it works is that when an AoE skill hits the ground, that AoE becomes immune to the same skill for a period of time. In the case of Meteor Storm, the actual AoE is small because it only covers the area the single meteor hits. For SG and LoV, it's the entire 11x11 area.

Why do I bring this up? Because while Meteor Storm stacks plenty with strings, it doesn't actually stack infinitely. There is an upper limit of meteors that can actually appear before which the entire area is covered in meteors and becomes immune to the same skill soon after due to meteors constantly hitting the floor.

#11 weeko

weeko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

I've tested lv3 quagmire and it works fine to me

lv 7 fire bolt is enough for me too

#12 Seasmoke

Seasmoke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 08:07 PM

The typical trade is Fire Wall or Safety Wall. I usually wouldn't get both. Fire Wall is great for soloing but mediocre for everything else including Partying, PvP, MvP, and WoE, There are some uses for Fire Wall in those environment but 99 out of 100 times even those uses are marginal. Safety Wall has the longer shelf life. It does what Fire Wall does by tanking one or two threats for a moment, but it does it without all the fancy running around and monster AI manipulation that depends so heavily on you being alone. It does what Fire Wall does without all the conditional requirements. That the monster or player is not immune to fire or immune to knockback.

Edited by Seasmoke, 14 October 2017 - 08:12 PM.

#13 toastbr0t

toastbr0t

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 04:08 AM

really depends on your goals, pve or woe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users