Violent Blow description vs reality? - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Violent Blow description vs reality?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

Just tested something out can anyone confirm this too? I got violent blow on lvl 6 and the description says : Throw 5 combo punch with rapid speed... etz etz. The issue is there are just 3 hits when I do it on a boss or a mob. So I hope thief forum doesnt get constantly ignored by the staff tho. :P 

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 10 October 2017 - 12:36 AM

I agree that this skill looks like only hitting 3 times. But this is a confusion caused by the animation.

Actually the animation has nothing to do with the skill itself. They are using the Multishot script for this skill, setting the number of "projectiles" to 5. But since there are no projectiles the 5 hits are hitting at the same time once with 20 percent of damage per hit which finally results in a damage output of 5 x 20% = 100% damage.

I just changed the number of "hits" to 1 and only got 20% of the damage this skill should have done. If it actually would only hit 3 times you would only end with a damage of around 60%. The skill description is correct but the animation is confusing.

#3 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:50 AM

I see. Thanks for the enlightenment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users