Change Map and Get Lag - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Change Map and Get Lag

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yudhonpp

yudhonpp

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 02:30 AM

Hi guys, i have a lag problem when i change my position between map. For example: if i logged in on Payon, then warped to GH to explore OGH, i'll experience a lag.

The weird thing is, when i relog on the map where i want to explore, the lag is gone. For example: if i want to hunt on OGH without lag, i have to relog in GH map.This problem is occure vice versa: when i return via butterfly wing from OGH to Payon, i'll have a lag on Payon map.

Furthermore, this problem is happen too on FW Nest. So, to avoid lag on FW Nest, i have to relog on dimetional or whatever the name is.

Anyone ever experienced this? Any solotion for this problem?

Many thanks before!

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 October 2017 - 06:26 AM

Greetings,

It is possible that your game window looses mouse focus, next time it happens press Windows Key then tab on your game client, see if the lag is resolved.

If this does not help then let us know! Hopefully some fellow users share their ideas and suggestions :)

#3 yudhonpp

yudhonpp

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:15 PM

Hi, thanks for the response.

The main issue isn't about software/hardware problem, but it's about connection problem. Example of my lag: I rapidly click rolling cutter as fast as i can, but on the game, the skill movement were counts 1,2,3,then char and enemy doing nothing, then suddenly my char attacks 3 times on a row, so does the enemy, then rolling cutter continue, then back to the first step, and so on.

Back to my example, I'll have a smooth connection at location which I'm first log in into the game, for example: Payon map. Then, if i warp to OGH, I'll get connection problem (lag). But, if i relog on Glast Heim map and then get in to OGH, i won't get that connection problem. This problem happen vice versa, and occur on another map.

It means ,if i don't relog on map which i want to explore, I'll get lag,ml massively and really annoy me until now I've take a break playing this game.

Hope there's further solution. Thanks!

PS:do i need to attach a video about this problem?

#4 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:48 AM

Thank you for the explanation. Go ahead and attach a video if it's not so much trouble, else it is not a requirement.

From the description, that seems more of a lag issue.

I'd suggest performing general troubleshooting:

• Power cycling the router/modem device.
  • Checking connecting wires.
  • If on WIFI switch to Ethernet cabling.
  • Making sure nothing is throttling the connection in the background.
  • Use a proxy/VPN. Notable applications: Battleping, WTFast and Pingzapper. Others: LeatrixLatencyFix.
    If it happens that proxy/VPN is being used for the game then please try without.

Lastly, please take tracert log, it should help in analyzing the issue.

How to take a tracert guide:

https://unreserved.e...um-help.html#pt

You can also check out PingPlotter for graphical analysis of the route. Things to look for would be unusual packet loss % along the way to server (Red horizontal bar).

Sample:

t08czEP.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users