Regarding the bot evolution these days 10/2017 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Regarding the bot evolution these days 10/2017

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:58 AM

I have to say that im more than disappointed what happened regarding the promises campitor and WP did.

What we have is a botshield which is bypassed in some minutes after every maintenance. We have some unexperienced bothunters doing weird stuff. Thats it
We have to say that the situation is not getting better in any case. It's getting worse again.

The Botpopulation is raising again since weeks.  We have 4-4,5k logged accounts right now. we all now the increase of 1-2k in the last weeks are no real players. bots just coming back winning the war.

lowbie card prices like thara e.g. are dropping massively again. thereover i hear stories like it was in the "old situation" with overcrowded bottermaps and huge botsquads (names asdwqecx1, asdwqecx2,asdwqecx3 asdwqecx4, etc.) invading  maps again more and more. i know there have always been bots, except 2hours after new botshield maybe, but they are too many again.

Thereover the difference is that i see lots of them to be more aggressive. most dont care for KS anymore. they dont care if anybody know they are a bot. it seems there is no need to hide. maybe they dont fear any consequences.

Wp & Camp...did you gave up? I know... you will say "no". But tell us then: What can we expect these days to reduce the bots massively in numbers?

#2 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:46 AM

They just aren't being banned. 

We know they can ban the bots because they've done it before. They completely annihilated the bot population over several days and its took until now to get to a significant number again. So we all know how capable they are, but for whatever reason bots aren't being banned, at least not in significant enough numbers.

Edited by EwoI, 17 October 2017 - 02:46 AM.

#3 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 03:48 AM

I'm guessing they are just short staffed. This game generates ok revenue, but not amazing one. So really they have to make a decision on where they put their time. You want them to forgo update for bot hunting 24/7? I'm sure once the rest of the Ein maps comes out this week, they'll be back on the bot hunting wagon.

It sucks, but ultimately botters are there because players let them (Zeny farmer anyways), don't buy from them and they will be forced to move on.

#4 VModPassionFruit

VModPassionFruit

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 443 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:36 AM

Hello!

The GM team is constantly fighting bots and banning accounts daily, it's just a never ending battle, as long as there are people that empower them, either by using the bot for personal benefit or engaging in RMT or other ilegal activities, botters will continue to bot. Please rest assured, the team has always the interest of honest players in mind, and they work hard for them.

#5 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 October 2017 - 05:45 AM

So what happened to the studio's plans to develop a better bot shield? There's been no mention of that for ages now, so I assume they've given up making something that's harder to crack than just changing a few lines of code.

#6 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:32 AM

Maybe they're waiting for the bots to accumulate again up to a certain point before they do a mass ban. That way botters get caught off-guard as they wouldn't know when the ban will be.

Of course I shouldn't have said that. :mellow:

#7 Marador

Marador

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:05 AM

Decided to poke my head back in these forums to see whether or not my just up and quitting was the right decision to make.
Judging by the first page of the forums.... yeah. Not much has changed. It does appear to be better, more like 1-2 times the amount of bots over real players vs. 4-6 times over. But nothing else looks different.

Again, sad to see what could have been so awsome completely undermined by selfish greedy people and the establishment that is most obviously completely I'll equipped to deal with them.

You all have a good day, hopefully things improve.

#8 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:21 AM

Hello!

The GM team is constantly fighting bots and banning accounts daily, it's just a never ending battle, as long as there are people that empower them, either by using the bot for personal benefit or engaging in RMT or other ilegal activities, botters will continue to bot. Please rest assured, the team has always the interest of honest players in mind, and they work hard for them.

But the result is ... its not enough.

The registratrionprocess to make new botaccounts seems to be no what is needed to keep bots out.

just go byalan and tell me that the things you do have any effect and that it looks like" bots getting banned". no, it does not look like that. as i said the number of bots increase.

campitor promised that the anti-bot ist just a "little first step". so what are your next steps? what we have now is not enough and i cant see any other progess the last weeks.

#9 SchweppesBitterL

SchweppesBitterL

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:35 AM

i say P2P is really the best methode to fight vs bot user.... 8-12 USD per month is not so much for player and if that not enough money for reStart Ro so they can do I-shop items who are bound.

i want to pay for my 2-3 acc every month and i want pay for i shop items like bubble gum and more EXP ( Battle manual ) and another realy beautiful Items.

but at the moment i dont buy anythink because they have changed the payment methode and its not anymore restart Ro its now Bot-Ro.

i have say that and i say that again.. Restart Ro need realy an new Restart Button.... without Bots!! they are toooooo much equip and cards on market from Bots and they cant handle it anymore, i think that so.

sorry Q_Q and sorry for my bad english

Edited by SchweppesBitterL, 17 October 2017 - 09:51 AM.

#10 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:No Server

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:45 AM

so what are your next steps?

The problem is that they can not answer this question.

The good thing is that I can answer it for them and you can chose to believe it or not.

1. A change in the login system to prevent bots from accessing the game

2. Do random portal tests and target reported maps. Prevent target groups from logging in.

3. Hire a 24/7 team to clean things up.

4. Ban players that make to many emails and force them to communicate with the GM team.

What will number 5 be? This is where I think we are at.

They will document and let these people get away with what they are doing.

Once they have everything they wanted the ban hammer will come down swift.

This will change the market but players get what they need.

Once the cheaters are banned, they don't want to continue because they lost to much.

This is the best way I see things going.

#11 Wil676

Wil676

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:11 AM

The problem is that they can not answer this question.

The good thing is that I can answer it for them and you can chose to believe it or not.

1. A change in the login system to prevent bots from accessing the game
2. Do random portal tests and target reported maps. Prevent target groups from logging in.
3. Hire a 24/7 team to clean things up.
4. Ban players that make to many emails and force them to communicate with the GM team.

What will number 5 be? This is where I think we are at.

They will document and let these people get away with what they are doing.
Once they have everything they wanted the ban hammer will come down swift.

This will change the market but players get what they need.
Once the cheaters are banned, they don't want to continue because they lost to much.

This is the best way I see things going.

They should hire you to do the 24/7 1$ per day. They dont get enough money to watch the game 24/7. lol
and server looks dead already. Why waste to much money?

Edited by Wil676, 17 October 2017 - 10:12 AM.

#12 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 10:20 AM

I have to say that im more than disappointed what happened regarding the promises campitor and WP did.

What we have is a botshield which is bypassed in some minutes after every maintenance. We have some unexperienced bothunters doing weird stuff. Thats it
We have to say that the situation is not getting better in any case. It's getting worse again.

The Botpopulation is raising again since weeks.  We have 4-4,5k logged accounts right now. we all now the increase of 1-2k in the last weeks are no real players. bots just coming back winning the war.

lowbie card prices like thara e.g. are dropping massively again. thereover i hear stories like it was in the "old situation" with overcrowded bottermaps and huge botsquads (names asdwqecx1, asdwqecx2,asdwqecx3 asdwqecx4, etc.) invading  maps again more and more. i know there have always been bots, except 2hours after new botshield maybe, but they are too many again.

Thereover the difference is that i see lots of them to be more aggressive. most dont care for KS anymore. they dont care if anybody know they are a bot. it seems there is no need to hide. maybe they dont fear any consequences.

Wp & Camp...did you gave up? I know... you will say "no". But tell us then: What can we expect these days to reduce the bots massively in numbers?

Hello!

Thank you for sharing your concern with us. Currently the GM team has a 24/7 task force hunting characters displaying the use of automated software in order to play. Please note that characters do not have to be using "botting" software to be suspended but any unattended automated play including the use of macros that automatically cycle can and will eventually result in account suspension.

• Item Prices: Items are rising in price because there are less bots. I realize this sounds strange but its the way RO works. Although bots do generate some zeny what bad users really bot for is goods, such as elunium, oridecon, gear and cards. Because we have been pretty heavily banning bots the price on these goods rises as the available supply shrinks.
  • Bots everywhere: Unfortunately will see them from time to time but there are many maps that are either recently swept. Keep in mind that many users don't really want to talk while they are playing so not everyone you see is a bot. There is an unfortunate tendency in the RO community to declare all other users they see playing the game as "bots". If you do think someone is a bot feel free to report them.
  • Reporting: Technically speaking this is not a needed action by the community. But what it does do is let the GMs know where the bad users that negatively affect your play experience are. The GMs will still hunt regardless if they receive a report or not but where they hunt can be influenced by player reports.
  • Player Interests: Call outs are not allowed. Players are not allowed to name names publicly purely because we do not want witch hunts. We test all bots until were sure and if we are unsure we test them again, and again, and again. Our goal is that when a GM applies the account block he/she is 100% certain that everyone being suspended was doing something wrong. While as we mentioned above this community is much too liberal with declaring other users "bots".
  • Communication: We are generally very open about what is being done. But we don't compromise the internal processes by giving exact guides on how we do things.

There are places where the GM team can improve and we are pushing them in that direction. But the botting situation is not where near out of control like it once was. It is important to keep in mind that as long as players are willing to buy zeny from RMT websites and support that industry there is a cause for users to bot. We have not and will never stop banning bots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users