The Instance Dungeon Zeny Sink - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

The Instance Dungeon Zeny Sink

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:30 PM

A lot of times zeny sinks were suggested and i think we all can agree on that they are desperatly needed, besided that a lot of people want something more to do so with that in mind here is my propasal.

An 2 hour instance dungeon once a week .

The idea is a small instance map that works for solo and party play (like payon dungeon 5 for example), that you access via npc that goes for 2 hours. 

At the npc you choose your monster that will spawn 100 times with instant respawn, with you able to acess the dungeon solo or with a party.

Depending on the monster the fee will change for example :

Class D  : Fabres, Willows ,Roda frogs, Zombies etc. (so basicly low level monsters for players from lv 10-20 )    maybe 200k

Class C  : Myst Cases, Porcellio , Elder Willows   ( monster for players from 25-65)  maybe 500k 

Class B  : Kaphas , High Orcs, Pasanas (targeted for 65-80)  maybe 2m

Class A  : Raydrics, Majourus  (targeted for 80+)  maybe 5m

Class S  : GD Monsters , like Killer Mantis, Am Mut , Skel General  etc   for maybe 10m

Class SSS:   Minibosses (here starts the fun part for players with 95+) like eclipse, angeling, devilung etc    for 500m 

To balancing things out at to keep drops in check the drop chances should be 1/5 or even lower than the original drop chances.

To increase the zeny sink a little bit further you could place the Silvervine/Vip Buff NPC inside the dungeon aswell and a kafra with 5k storage access (while disabling kafra cards).

Sooo that is the basic idea in general, with a lot of room for debate, improvements that could be made etc.  so what do you guys think? 

Btw i would like to see not  simple no from you guys, of course you can disagree, no harm in that but it would be nice if you elaborate a little why you think its a good idea or a terrible one , of course i would love to see if you think its a good one XD. 

Discuss :D

#2 Lecreuset

Lecreuset

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 03:40 AM

but who would spend 500m when the drop chances are lower than the original on that Class SSS dungeon?

#3 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2017 - 04:51 AM

Someone who doesnt feel like opening ocas, or hunt mini bosses like that for days, or people that are up for a challange 1/5 on the drop chance considering the amount of monsters that would spawn there is still a higher chance overall to get a drop than you would have, after farming for weeks basicly

#4 Lecreuset

Lecreuset

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:47 AM

Droprate on mini bosses is already terrible and most of the time you don't get anything for camping it for days. 1/5 than normal is crazy and for 500m to boot.

The other ones though are I think ok..

just my 2 cents

Edited by Lecreuset, 21 October 2017 - 06:48 AM.

#5 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:58 AM

Fair enough i still think 500m is a reasonable price though ,since you get 100 mobs ,that equals around 100 hours (or at leas 33-50 hour on some cases) of miniboss content as instant spawn for 2hours ...thats quite a considerable amount if you ask me ... and with ongoing time of the server 500m is less and less ... mhm debatable for sure ^^

#6 hansibaer

hansibaer

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 206 posts
  • Server:RE:START

Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:50 AM

worst idea ever. NO!

you can find all of these mobs on different maps. there is a reason why there are spawntimes and different counts. i dont know why so many suggestions include "hm, how could we destroy the full gameplay of ragnarok?". endless tower is bad enough. no need for other "i cant compete so i need my own mobs" instances. never understood the reason for instances in a mmo. its no singleplayer or coop... its mmo. massive multiplayer...it would not be any zeny sink btw. dont build a "zenysellers paradise". ty.

Edited by hansibaer, 23 October 2017 - 02:57 AM.

#7 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:51 AM

Big picture wise, not a bad idea. Conceptually, not really all that great.

You're thinking too big numbers. Quantity > Quality. You need people to spend more often, meaning dungeon are less epic.

So my revised suggestion to what you're suggesting.

Class D  : Low level. (so basicly low level monsters for players from lv 10-20 )  100 monster, no respawn, repeatable as much as you want   10k

Class C  : low level to mid level   ( monster for players from 25-65)  100 monster respawn ,10 times each, repeatable 2hr maybe 50k 

Class B  : Mid level (targeted for 65-80)  100 monster, respawn 10 times each, repeatable 2hr 100k

Class A  : High level  (targeted for 80+)  100 monster, respawn 10 times each, repeatable 4hr maybe 200k

Class S  : GD Monsters 100 monster, respawn 10 times each, repeatable 8hr 500k

Class SSS:   Minibosses 1 monster, respawn 10 times each, repeatable 12hr 10k to 500k depending on the mini boss (mini boss are not lucrative unless you're super lucky, like card drop lucky, so no need to jack the price on this as the exp is worthless)

Edited by Navy, 23 October 2017 - 05:52 AM.

#8 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:38 AM

Big picture wise, not a bad idea. Conceptually, not really all that great.

You're thinking too big numbers. Quantity > Quality. You need people to spend more often, meaning dungeon are less epic.

So my revised suggestion to what you're suggesting.

Class D  : Low level. (so basicly low level monsters for players from lv 10-20 )  100 monster, no respawn, repeatable as much as you want   10k

Class C  : low level to mid level   ( monster for players from 25-65)  100 monster respawn ,10 times each, repeatable 2hr maybe 50k 

Class B  : Mid level (targeted for 65-80)  100 monster, respawn 10 times each, repeatable 2hr 100k

Class A  : High level  (targeted for 80+)  100 monster, respawn 10 times each, repeatable 4hr maybe 200k

Class S  : GD Monsters 100 monster, respawn 10 times each, repeatable 8hr 500k

Class SSS:   Minibosses 1 monster, respawn 10 times each, repeatable 12hr 10k to 500k depending on the mini boss (mini boss are not lucrative unless you're super lucky, like card drop lucky, so no need to jack the price on this as the exp is worthless)

I like this one quite a lot actually, i would still suggest to actually increase the miniboss entrace by quite an significant amount ,see even if hansibear could be more polite i have to give him credit for pointing out about the multiplayer part so ,miniboss farming is somewhat competetive, not at the same level as mvp's but still ,given people thier own personal spawn should be appealing but not to much appealing to ignore mini bosses on the map they sapwn. i would even say  keeping your idea i would pump up the amount needed for entrace 

Class B: 500k

Class A : 1m

Class S : 3m (same reason basicly as for class SSS ,you usually get acess with them for woe, i would still encourage that instead of the instance dungeon )

Class SSS : 5m+  ,even for smaller mini boss Monster

I know mini boss farming isnt to lucrative unless you are lucky but i like it to stay that way, i like the idea to give players a chance to get lucky, but overall it should still be a zeny sink to get significant amounts of money out of the system 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users