10 replies to this topic

#1 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:40 AM

In the first couple months of the server, whether you want to admit it or not, the bots were out of control. Before the GMs began to ban these bots, they generated billions of zeny from selling junk loots to the NPC. Many players took advantage of this by utilizing RMT websites and running their own personal bots to hold excess amounts of zeny in order to pay whatever price they wanted for items. We also have the problem with woe potion boxes--nobody wants to buy white potions from the NPC if they're cheaper to purchase with silvervine/KP boxes.

So, it's kind of essential that there needs to be some kind of zeny sink on this server.

Since it seems like the players are doing more work than the developers at this point in server suggestions, I will elaborate on each idea.

1. Adding SP items+Coal to NPCs for players to purchase.
    Lemons-these used to be sold on Loki/Chaos, they can be priced moderately considering they don't heal SP for that much.
    Blue Herbs-sell them at more than the cost of an overcharged blue potion (more than 3,100z per). This would make potter alchemists more viable, but also enable another alternative to WoE potions.
    Coal-the monsters that drop coal drop it at a low chance, but iron is quite the opposite. Just put it in an NPC for forgers to purchase
  2. Adding basic slotted gear to NPCs
    Let's face it, nobody is going to hunt these items except for bots, and the only "players" currently benefiting from the sale from these items is bots. People like to break gears with elu, so why not price items like guards, bucklers, shoes, boots, etc. around 500k-1m from an NPC that is not a vendor. Maybe something like a limited pop-up NPC similar to the speed potion one, or maybe even a raffle?
  3. Access to modified dungeon instances
    Instances like the Orc Memory and Endless Tower that require a zeny fee to enter would be good for chipping away at excess stashes, but also provide a fun experience of end-game content.
  4. Zeny option to skip job changes
    Most people hate doing tedious job change quests, this is pretty self-explanatory. Even if it would cost zeny+silvervine, there are a lot of people who would be interested in such an option.
  5. A new dungeon warper
    Bring back the Cool/Kafra warper in the middle of Prontera, but give us more options than the old ones and make it require a vote. Votes could be (maybe) bought with zeny, and the warps could cost something like 10k/warp. Warps could be to places such as: Toy Factory 2, Byalan 4, CTUG 4 Entrance, GL Sewer 3 (Stings map), etc.
  6. Random raffle NPCs
    I remember a long time ago, this was implemented on the main servers. It would be fun if the server would make announcements saying "[NPC] has appeared in [town]," and the NPCs could provide headgears that can only be won through a raffle and supplies (such as potions/alchemist/forger mats)
  7. More headgears made from etc items+zeny and NOT silvervine
    Many people enjoyed finding the items to craft headgears, but with the addition of the silvervine necessity, it's just becoming a more pay2win type of deal. Let people make headgears with items+zeny.

If anyone else has suggestions, it would be cool if you added them!

#2 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:42 AM

thro sells blue herbs from their npc for 4k none dc and has costume conversions quests for about 1m but has a chance to fail and eat that zeny not sure why we dont

#3 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:53 AM

#5 as long as this doesn't make the quests moot i'm down or to MvP dungeons/maps lol

Really good ideas though imo :)

Edited by IcedCafeMocha, 25 October 2017 - 10:54 AM.

#4 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 11:00 AM

i actually liked the raffle on classic that removed a lot of zeny in exchange for mostly good value supplies but also some nice prizes. Wouldn't want the slotted ele armors but the other stuff wasn't too bad iirc.

personally don't like the skip job quest and dungeon warpers but if they are expensive enough sure why not.

#5 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

In the first couple months of the server, whether you want to admit it or not, the bots were out of control. Before the GMs began to ban these bots, they generated billions of zeny from selling junk loots to the NPC. Many players took advantage of this by utilizing RMT websites and running their own personal bots to hold excess amounts of zeny in order to pay whatever price they wanted for items. We also have the problem with woe potion boxes--nobody wants to buy white potions from the NPC if they're cheaper to purchase with silvervine/KP boxes.

So, it's kind of essential that there needs to be some kind of zeny sink on this server.

Since it seems like the players are doing more work than the developers at this point in server suggestions, I will elaborate on each idea.

1. Adding SP items+Coal to NPCs for players to purchase.
    Lemons-these used to be sold on Loki/Chaos, they can be priced moderately considering they don't heal SP for that much.
    Blue Herbs-sell them at more than the cost of an overcharged blue potion (more than 3,100z per). This would make potter alchemists more viable, but also enable another alternative to WoE potions.
    Coal-the monsters that drop coal drop it at a low chance, but iron is quite the opposite. Just put it in an NPC for forgers to purchase
  2. Adding basic slotted gear to NPCs
    Let's face it, nobody is going to hunt these items except for bots, and the only "players" currently benefiting from the sale from these items is bots. People like to break gears with elu, so why not price items like guards, bucklers, shoes, boots, etc. around 500k-1m from an NPC that is not a vendor. Maybe something like a limited pop-up NPC similar to the speed potion one, or maybe even a raffle?
  3. Access to modified dungeon instances
    Instances like the Orc Memory and Endless Tower that require a zeny fee to enter would be good for chipping away at excess stashes, but also provide a fun experience of end-game content.
  4. Zeny option to skip job changes
    Most people hate doing tedious job change quests, this is pretty self-explanatory. Even if it would cost zeny+silvervine, there are a lot of people who would be interested in such an option.
  5. A new dungeon warper
    Bring back the Cool/Kafra warper in the middle of Prontera, but give us more options than the old ones and make it require a vote. Votes could be (maybe) bought with zeny, and the warps could cost something like 10k/warp. Warps could be to places such as: Toy Factory 2, Byalan 4, CTUG 4 Entrance, GL Sewer 3 (Stings map), etc.
  6. Random raffle NPCs
    I remember a long time ago, this was implemented on the main servers. It would be fun if the server would make announcements saying "[NPC] has appeared in [town]," and the NPCs could provide headgears that can only be won through a raffle and supplies (such as potions/alchemist/forger mats)
  7. More headgears made from etc items+zeny and NOT silvervine
    Many people enjoyed finding the items to craft headgears, but with the addition of the silvervine necessity, it's just becoming a more pay2win type of deal. Let people make headgears with items+zeny.

If anyone else has suggestions, it would be cool if you added them!

I like the idea of a zeny sink a lot but this need really some adjustment please be reminded i do the following in good intentions and to give reasonable critic, no ill meaning in any of this :

1)  

All of these are farmable while the amounts you can farm are low ,there are options , for new players it is a good way to accumulate zeny and trading amoung players is a finanicial neutral activity you shouldnt take that away, that is basicly for all of these 3 suggestion the case.

2)

There is actually already an option for this the slot enchantment has exactly this very reason ,to get materials and zeny out of the system.

3)

yeap +1 , but i remind you instance dungeons like every dungeon add loot to players aswell and in that regard increase the inflation aswell, the entrace fee has to be high enough to take more money out of the system than it can possible add ( basicly as strange as it sounds normal unuseable items like yellow plate from a kapha for instance add more to inflation that for instance a card drop ,since the normally only get traded between players...that makes it a neutral activity ...inflation wise)

4)

I really like that one ,gives options ,takes mostly likely money out of the system ,doesnt hurt new players...perfection

5)

see point 4

6)

Not sure what that is about ? A lottery i guess? Sorry i am not really familiar with this one so cant give any feedback here =)

7)

Yeap love that one ,as an addition let people make custome headgears out of any headgear =)

#6 bigbanks

bigbanks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:17 PM

No input on this from GM? Zeny just keeps accumulating from bots and remains in circulation. Inflation is getting out of control.

#7 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:30 PM

Zeny option to skip job changes

I'm really liking that idea.

#8 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:49 PM

fRO had an NPC appear in Prontera once every 2 months or so that would collect zeny donations (up to 5b or more sometimes) from all players, and if certain milestones were hit the server got a double exp / tripple exp or double drop (except for cards) event for 1-2 weeks.

Something similar would work nice as zeny sink maybe here I think.

However, I am completely against the job change quest removal. I already find it sad that on the regular Renewal server the 1st class job change quests are no longer a thing even though they add so much atmosphere for new and old returning players.

That option should only be available through the cash shop imo and not less than 800 kafrapoint ea, if even.

Regardless removing job change quests would kill a lot of the game.

Edited by Morlord, 17 November 2017 - 04:57 PM.

#9 pandapants

pandapants

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:12 PM

Zeny option to skip job changes

Something about bribing the church to fast-track me to acolyte/priest doesn't sit well with me

#10 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:09 AM

All interesting and good suggestion. I don't think 2 is needed because of slotting option and also with WoE now ongoing, castle are also dropping those so price will just go down in time anyways.

I would love to see 5 again though.

Here's a few more for you

8. Miracle Elixir buff no limits for VIP
After the free 3 times for Vip, we should still be able to buy it for 100k.

9. Quest reset
Right now we can only do 150 "free" silvervine from quest per month. Add a reset for 1m or something (maybe limit it to VIP or 3 per month).

Edited by Navy, 16 November 2017 - 05:10 AM.

#11 lmmortaI

lmmortaI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:46 PM

Make the 100 Silvervine available in NPC for an amount of 1m zeny.

Pros:
Zeny sink
More players will do PvM, parties, boss hunt
Attracts new players
Players will be happy and produce longevity of the server.

Cons:
???
???
???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users