A long list of issues/suggestions/etc. - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A long list of issues/suggestions/etc.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 October 2017 - 08:22 AM

I've gathered some of my thoughts about the server and tossed it into a google doc to share for community feedback so I can build on what I'm working on. This is a 6~ page document right now and I haven't proof read it overly well so bear with my brainless rambling from writing when I'm way too tired to make sense. x_x

My doc covers things from additional Silvervine questing that isn't monopolized by bots, to "new" ideas to add things to the game to offset the daily grind of just leveling on one map, to 
issues RE:Start has right now that need to be addressed to help balance the game as a whole.

Some ideas are alterations or repeats of commonly suggested things from the previous questionnaire I had released and are meant to echo my support for these things.

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

I probably had more to add to it but I'll look into doing that on a second revision

#2 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 October 2017 - 10:36 AM

+1 to all of this.

Well said and some really nice ideas in there.

#3 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:13 AM

+1 in general

you said it yourself some numbers you using should be a little bit more tweaked they still feel off.

Two things beside that:

1) I am not to found of the daily login ... its to much of a skinner box on a meta level 

2) Big extra plus for the woe thread suggestion

#4 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:10 PM

There are some good ideas in here, but I am really not a fan of the daily quests/kill quests. One of the biggest turn-offs from renewal was how leveling was defined by such quests.

#5 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 02:25 PM

There are some good ideas in here, but I am really not a fan of the daily quests/kill quests. One of the biggest turn-offs from renewal was how leveling was defined by such quests.

Referencing the low level killing quests:
My design isn't do much that it's for leveling to high level but meant to guide low levels for the early learning. Kinda like an ro academy one you leave the starting area how Eden would have worked by sending you out into the world. Ideally the rewards would be scrub gear with NPCs explaining things like how higher level weapons are pretty much always a better choice and not the old system of more cards bring better damage to help explain restarts system. I think there are small class quests for first classers but they're not well placed or don't draw enough attention to the npc with the newer "QUEST!" Flagging over their heads. They're also made so that players of multiple classes aren't able to group and burn through them since each class is different. And some are completely retarded because of monster locations... Mages get wrecked by frildora and sandman on one map they're told to investigate...
My quests are not meant so much for exp but other rewards. We don't need to artificially accelerate leveling more than it is. It'd probably be once they finish the basic boot camp they'd be sent into the world with a little bit of gear. I forgot to refine that part when I wrote it since I started that section last night and forgot about it this morning.

Over all I didn't like the just do the same quest over and over and level like crazy system, but offering a one time for starters it weekly for rewards isn't too bad, is it?

Excuse formatting. Mobile replying sucks.

#6 Namrok

Namrok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Twitter:c21h30w2
  • LocationRU: Saint Petersburg
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 26 October 2017 - 03:18 PM

really huge list of nice ideas ^^

#7 toastbr0t

toastbr0t

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:56 PM

looks good i guess

#8 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Restart Odin

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:12 PM

I agree with all of this aside from the tokens.   

#9 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:22 PM

Over all I didn't like the just do the same quest over and over and level like crazy system, but offering a one time for starters it weekly for rewards isn't too bad, is it?

Apologies if I wasn't clear, but the one time starter quests aren't an issue at all. Honestly it was more the stuff like the GD kill quests and such. I just didn't feel those are really necessary.

#10 xepherian

xepherian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

+1

I appreciate your efforts in suggesting things to keep this game poppin'.

#11 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:35 AM

I really hope GM read this... at least read this topic since it's Vienna, because some other suggestions are completely ignored.. even if the proposal is non-viable... no answer at all :(

#12 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:52 AM

I really hope GM read this... at least read this topic since it's Vienna, because some other suggestions are completely ignored.. even if the proposal is non-viable... no answer at all :(

Honestly if they read it only because it's me I'd be disappointed. Everyone should have equal chance to submit ideas and be heard.

#13 VModPassionFruit

VModPassionFruit

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 06:59 AM

Honestly if they read it only because it's me I'd be disappointed. Everyone should have equal chance to submit ideas and be heard.

The GM team does read this forum and is aware of (most) of the issues, and we are costantly bringing up community concerns to them.

#14 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:37 AM

The GM team does read this forum and is aware of (most) of the issues, and we are costantly bringing up community concerns to them.

How would we know? A salut in each topic would be nice, otherwise there is no way we know they concern at all. Thx for visiting.

Cheers.

#15 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:48 AM

A stickied topic run by a vMod or CM where they accumulate all the ideas and link back to the threads about them would help keep from seeing repeat discussions. We don't need 10 topics about "MAKE PORINGS GREAT AGAIN" (randomly made example) so having them listed in one page would help direct people to add their comments to topics.

Said topic could also have a history section listing "APPROVED" ideas and "DENIED" ideas so that if someone comes with an idea they don't see posted, and it's on one of those two lists, they know it was discussed already and what was decided.

#16 VModPassionFruit

VModPassionFruit

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 443 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:52 AM

A stickied topic run by a vMod or CM where they accumulate all the ideas and link back to the threads about them would help keep from seeing repeat discussions. We don't need 10 topics about "MAKE PORINGS GREAT AGAIN" (randomly made example) so having them listed in one page would help direct people to add their comments to topics.

Said topic could also have a history section listing "APPROVED" ideas and "DENIED" ideas so that if someone comes with an idea they don't see posted, and it's on one of those two lists, they know it was discussed already and what was decided.

That's a great suggestion of something I can do, I will have one up before tomorrow :)

Edited by VModPassionFruit, 27 October 2017 - 10:53 AM.

#17 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:34 PM

That's a great suggestion of something I can do, I will have one up before tomorrow :)

Thank You.

#18 totoreto

totoreto

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:17 PM

add more colors to palletes on clothes !!

#19 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4114 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 07:20 PM

RIP

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users