10 replies to this topic

#1 abangsat

abangsat

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

<Snip>

Edited by VModPassionFruit, 28 October 2017 - 06:49 PM.
Please don't use all caps

#2 VModPassionFruit

VModPassionFruit

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 443 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:50 PM

Hello, I know the spammers can be annoying, the GM team is constantly banning these offenders but they are easily replaced.

One solution to the problem (and the most adiviced) is to follow the instructions in this topic: https://forums.warpp...onfig-template/

This will allow you to create a filter (or use the default one) that will block most or all of the spam, both in general chat and via whispers.

#3 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

In addition to that, you may want to disable the PM pop up window.

Please see this post for more info.

#4 HazeLoki

HazeLoki

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:25 PM

Hello, I know the spammers can be annoying, the GM team is constantly banning these offenders but they are easily replaced.

One solution to the problem (and the most adiviced) is to follow the instructions in this topic: https://forums.warpp...onfig-template/

This will allow you to create a filter (or use the default one) that will block most or all of the spam, both in general chat and via whispers.

Can nothing else be done other than banning them over and over again? Is there no better solution? The state of the game is pretty worrying in my opinion.

#5 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 November 2017 - 11:48 PM

They are overloaded with work.. too few pl banning.. and the worst part is the layers are still buying from gold spammers so they will grow like mushrooms.

And they will close this thread.. no matter how much ppl wanna express their concerns. Just cheer up x)

#6 HazeLoki

HazeLoki

I am New.

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:01 AM

They are overloaded with work.. too few pl banning.. and the worst part is the layers are still buying from gold spammers so they will grow like mushrooms.

And they will close this thread.. no matter how much ppl wanna express their concerns. Just cheer up x)

I think people would be more understanding of their situation if only they chose to be more transparent about it. I'm sure they don't have it easy fighting the bots and managing a server but we the players have no way of understanding that if they aren't more open about it. An update of the situation of the server and work being done every now and then would be welcomed.

#7 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 07:26 AM

This problem is getting out of hand.

Please update the client to solve this problem it.

New players are leaving because of the mass corruption.

#8 FatalityX

FatalityX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:51 AM

Its gotten to a point where your hunting in a dungeon and you get spammed all over your screen while in a mob and mis-click lagg then die.

Very frustrating to lose your hard earned experience.

Somethings gotta be done, its not as simple as exall as we have friends and guild mates to talk with...

#9 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:05 AM

They are overloaded with work.. too few pl banning.. and the worst part is the players are still buying from gold spammers so they will grow like mushrooms.

This is basically the issue as to why we have bot/zeny sellers. If players stopped buying from them, the zeny farmers would eventually trickle out.

#10 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:43 AM

This is basically the issue as to why we have bot/zeny sellers. If players stopped buying from them, the zeny farmers would eventually trickle out.

Blame the GMs for this too, since GMs accept this kind of things, what i mean? simple, they give just a temporal ban to those players who buy zenny waiting for players who send a ticket ask for a 2nd chance and GMs are like: Oh dont worry buddy, is okay, we will remove the zenny and gears from your account, but your char is now free... in others words, i can just bad geared any character, buy zenny, get lv 99, then wait for ban and a wipe of npc / useless stuff, and then surprise lv 99 already...

Anyway my point is, players will buy zenny for sure since no matter what there is not a real punish for this, even if GMs say that is illegal there is no player can believe in those words, just take a look into the server. walk for prontera city and you will found at least 2~5 players doing deal with their 2~20 bots lol, but yeah GMs work 24/7.

#11 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 07 November 2017 - 11:46 AM

Its gotten to a point where your hunting in a dungeon and you get spammed all over your screen while in a mob and mis-click lagg then die.

Very frustrating to lose your hard earned experience.
Somethings gotta be done, its not as simple as exall as we have friends and guild mates to talk with...

I know this is a stop gap measure but please check out this post. If you uncheck the box about no pop ups between non friends the spam will be directed into you main chat rather than opening new windows which can impact your game play. Also check out our spam filter guide to help with blocking spam bots. This will 100% prevent bots from messaging you, both in open chat and through PMs if it is properly configured. We do not openly post pre-made configurations but if you need help setting it up you can PM myself or one of the other RO vMods for help to get yours up and running properly.

​This has been a very tough issue for both players and the GM team. It is a constant battle of corralling up the spam bots only to have new ones take their place due to automation.

The GM team is at work daily trying to keep things in check, but sometimes things slip through for a while before they can be caught. Players continue to offer suggestions about how to correct the problems but are often not truly informed of how things behind the scenes are handled or how the game itself functions and there are reasons many of the suggestions that look good often will not work.

​We appreciate your concern and we do hear you but a lot of this is a waiting game on kRO to help build a proper bot shield for iRO since the exe modifications they've offered have proven too easy to bypass each week.

​I'm going to lock this down, but you are free to voice any concern to me directly via PM.

Thanks,

Mango.

Edited by VModMango, 07 November 2017 - 11:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users