Remove Cast Delay on Auto Cast Skills - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Remove Cast Delay on Auto Cast Skills

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 November 2017 - 12:02 PM

I recently acquired a Grand Peco Peco and Peco Peco set. Thinking hey, this may be useful for the extra vit/def bonus! Only to realize that every time Gloria auto casts from it, it affects the usage of my skills I actually have under my control as it causes a cool down period for all my skills. Even though Gloria from this set could be auto cast must faster than the delay allows, disabling the usage of my characters skills completely.

Could this be investigated to have auto cast skills's cast delay (via armor/card sets) be removed otherwise whats the point of having this type of equipment?

Edited by Kiniro, 04 November 2017 - 12:05 PM.

#2 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Server:Restart Odin

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:12 PM

It seems odd that an auto cost item causes your actual skills to be on CD that you have to cast.

#3 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:05 AM

I can actually confirm this somewhat , i used defolty doll for a while for my monk ... as cheap sake variance to a missy crown (soooon) and i somewhat liked the angelus idea..., but the cd it causes is actually quite bad and makes this headgear completly useless

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:17 AM

not possible since for that, you have to remove the delay on the skill itself.

#5 Blueness

Blueness

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 443 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:30 AM

Yeah it's been like this since the beginning!

#6 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

I don't remember this being an issue pre-renewal. Is this something renewal mechanics caused?

#7 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:59 AM

I don't remember this being an issue pre-renewal. Is this something renewal mechanics caused?

Yes and no, auto cast/manual skill from card/gears is the same skill as the real one form the actual class. So if you had the owls card casting impo/lex then you still had/have the delay from it in classic or renewal.

The main issue is that renewal added a lot of fixedskill delay on many skills IE heal, so when you use those from card/gear then it actually causes a delay in your skill even if you're not an acolyte class.

For them to fix that while keeping cast delay on your own skill they would have to create a complete set of new skills for card/gears instead of copying the class specific one. (ie heal2 with no delay)

#8 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:15 AM

This has nothing to do with renewal mechanics. Grand Peco had the same issue in pre-renewal as well, as did every autocast gear.

#9 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:11 AM

It has been like that since the beginning. I am not sure why everybody want to personalize the game to their wish so much.

#10 Twistex

Twistex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 10:43 AM

It has been like that since the beginning. I am not sure why everybody want to personalize the game to their wish so much.

People want everything to be easy because people are lazy

#11 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:28 PM

You just questioned the existence of the proposal section. While posting in the proposal section . gg

#12 kinkthecat

kinkthecat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 616 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

this is something we all learn the hard way and you just accept that its garbage sort of... lol

#13 VModPassionFruit

VModPassionFruit

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 443 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:36 PM

Proposal section is the best place to bring issues, ideas and customizations you'd like to see to the staff, I am always looking at this section and I bring the most popular/well received ideas to them.

Sadly, this is something that would break the current game mechanics and can't be done.

#14 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:18 PM

imagine having an amon ra card with 99 int that let u spam KE and u have 0 cd reduction. is really game breaking

#15 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 November 2017 - 02:29 AM

imagine having an amon ra card with 99 int that let u spam KE and u have 0 cd reduction. is really game breaking

I would take that XD, in all honesty it doesnt need a "fix" with the cd, its just a little bit annoying and makes some gears pretty much useless becouse of that. The Angelus from defolty sounded pretty good, a little bit to good to be true and it was, lesseon learned didnt loose to much becouse of it

#16 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:23 PM

Couldn't that be solved by just copying the skills and have the copies of them have 0 aftercast delay on the cards/gear?

#17 VModPassionFruit

VModPassionFruit

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 443 posts

Posted 17 November 2017 - 04:36 PM

Couldn't that be solved by just copying the skills and have the copies of them have 0 aftercast delay on the cards/gear?

That would be up to the studio, and this would probably be very far down on their priority list.

#18 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 05:29 AM

I guess knowing that it's possible although unlikely gives me hope that maybe even a midway solution to this proposal doable. Even if it is the far far future.

#19 Dukeares

Dukeares

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1113 posts

Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

If this suggestions get allowed. ... no delay should be allowed also.. .I mean no delay "Hack"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users