sin useless sinx only good with edp? - Thief Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

sin useless sinx only good with edp?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TestingROO

TestingROO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:55 AM

hello,

i was told that assassins are useless and weak against against high vit classes like knight or crus, until they go up to an sinx with edp...

so does make a sin sense? or are they only strong as a sin x with edp? but the big disadvantage would be that edp last only for 60 seconds... for me its too little

Edited by TestingROO, 05 November 2017 - 03:55 AM.

#2 MuffinMikey

MuffinMikey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 08:37 AM

Yes, compared to other classes in the current game meta Assassins are not superior in terms of damage. The current use of an assassin would purely before for Emp Breaking if you wanted to bring into WOE. As for making an assassin, it is not useless what so ever. They do farm decently. They do play their role when it comes to PVE. Making an Assassin early on and getting it to 99/50 would not be a waste but more of preparing for the Trans Update. I have a 99/50 Sin, 99/50 Knight. My knight is purely used for WOE/Leechings. My sin will always be my main from now until 3rd classes come out. Assassin Cross EDP is definitely their strong point, and you can do a lot in 60 seconds so keep that in mind. 

#3 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

grimtooth for status effects is about all they are good for atm

#4 Weidan

Weidan

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

normal sins are only good for farming without pots, not for pvp (maybe for emp breaking)

#5 TheomarsDesu

TheomarsDesu

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:00 AM

EDP was nerfed though

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 November 2017 - 04:34 AM

not exactly

#7 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:56 AM

>not knowing how to play a sin right.

2e5dc0becb436704eb5fdcfba5c56da7--shark-

#8 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:09 AM

>not knowing how to play a sin right.

2e5dc0becb436704eb5fdcfba5c56da7--shark-

Thats more like a fin... ..like you know assafin... and ..finish... ... get it...? ... Allright i show myself out

On topic :

For pvm sin is a good multirole class he is good at farming without the need of to much supply or weapons, he has a useually usefull Aoe attack for most szenarios, he is better at that then rogue but less effecitive if you farm for specific items compared to rogue.

With some PD he does a good job at mobbing with future gear sometimes a more effective one than knights.

He has beside that a lot of different panik buttons that can save you while still mantaining your momentum.

So in pvm he has multiple roles he does well enough and something better than other classes depending on the situation.

In Woe however he is outclasses in every way by at least one other class in every situation while giving the other class more options in other/the same fields aswell.

Cloaking/Hiding skills -> outclassed by Rogue, the same class that has a crucial role in crippling other classes with not so easy to dismiss Status effects

HP Pool -> while Assasin have a actually pretty larg vit/hp modifier they are still outclasses by knights & crusaders, while at the same time beeing outclassed with gear choices, defensive gears and AoE Damage

Mass CC -> Outclassed by any Hunter/Dancer/Bard with arrow shower while giving the first traps , and the other scream/fj  so they have multiple choices to fill this role already while on top give them Songs & Traps for further increased useability in offense and defense

Emp Breaking -> They get outclassed by Knights, Crusader, Blacksmith (easy to optain 190 aspd btw), while these classes have higher health pools and defensive and offensive abilitys since they dont need as much points to invest in stats, since the have skills that improve thier aspd substantly and .. besided that can use beserk pots

Single Target Burst -> Sonic blow gets easily outclassed by Monks (even though they have a CD) , Bowling Bash, Mammonite, you get the idea, while given the compared classes one or more than one advantages on top of that from the tree above

Keep in mind i oversimplefying things a little ,you can built an heck of an annoying assasin built if you want to that is only to kill with asura and spreads status effects like a plague but than again that would be an extremly specific built thats barely worth the effort

#9 elpeasant

elpeasant

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2017 - 08:39 AM

you won't even be able to join a guild as a Sin. they are useless, have no capability of killing people with burst dmg in PvP/WoE and their only good contribution (emp breaking) is way better on knight who will have 2x-3x your HP.

#10 ShekelShark

ShekelShark

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOutside Your Window
  • Server:Trans

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:20 AM

you won't even be able to join a guild as a Sin. they are useless, have no capability of killing people with burst dmg in PvP/WoE and their only good contribution (emp breaking) is way better on knight who will have 2x-3x your HP.

i do just fine killing people in woe.

#11 elpeasant

elpeasant

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:52 AM

i do just fine killing people in woe.

You could play an AGI monk and kill bad people in WoE.. that doesn't make them good builds for WoE. Lots of guilds asides from the top 3-5 don't hand out supplies, so people don't pot and will just die to any damage. If you're going to sit here and try to convince people that sin's are actually good/not currently the worst class in the game, then I'm not going to waste my time replying. They're only decent for 1 thing, grimtoothing in precasts, but even hunters with AS do this better.

Edited by elpeasant, 08 November 2017 - 09:54 AM.

#12 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:04 AM

I dont think they'll be any good with edp either tbh. 

#13 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:10 AM

I dont think they'll be any good with edp either tbh. 

Welcome to Renewal ^_^

#14 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:12 AM

their basic mechanics of dual wielding and EDP basically allows for infinite scalling. But SinX will always require good gear investment to pull through

#15 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

Don't we need renewal items for that to be any good tho? Seems like the gear needed is years away

#16 Namrok

Namrok

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • Twitter:c21h30w2
  • LocationRU: Saint Petersburg
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:21 AM

all our sins after few woe swap to monks, and pre-dancers XD

#17 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 November 2017 - 10:52 AM

all our sins after few woe swap to monks, and pre-dancers XD

yeap ... with us it was monks or pre-bards... ^^'

#18 VModPassionFruit

VModPassionFruit

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 443 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:45 PM

Thats more like a fin... ..like you know assafin... and ..finish... ... get it...? ... Allright i show myself out

(ಠ_ಠ)

I think I need to bring this up to the other VMods

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:18 PM

Don't we need renewal items for that to be any good tho? Seems like the gear needed is years away

Pre re weapons and gears already give SD SinXes 80% if their power for example. The missing gear deffinitelly makes it retardedly strong, but isnt required for them to be strong. (thanks to renewal change to EDP and SD).

Autoattack builds is pretty much the same, the one that gets really heavily boosted by those gears is crit. With nowadays Chaos gears, i could literally 1shot anyone bellow 50% demihuman reducs on WoE TE in a single crit.

#20 nitaantsingha

nitaantsingha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:20 AM

with lhz coming out they will be good to farm bio2. grimtooth sins though not crit sins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users