Did wyvern had impervioin/super armor around 2015 - Warrior Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Did wyvern had impervioin/super armor around 2015

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 05 November 2017 - 05:43 AM

Well a friend who played Overlord for a short period in 2015 is 100% sure the Wyvern blade had impervion/super armor, but i never remember it having super armor / impervion for over 4 years.

I would like to know your experiences on that.

#2 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5556 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

There could not have been any skill changes between April 2014 (when the EU server closed) and the changed we did recently (starting with 2016). This skill hasn't been touched by us and officially the development has been dropped in April 2014. So nothing can have changed during 2014 and today. Means in other word if it hadn't been changed before April 2014 it hasn't changed until now (because we didn't touch it). And also we are not planning to give that skill such behavior.

In easy words: If the skill does not have it today it didn't have it since April 2014 at least.

#3 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 05 November 2017 - 04:34 PM

Short Answer; Not total Super-armor like Impervion or Headspin.

Long Answer; From my memory; It has some weird form of Super-armor that wasn't total but not exactly non-existent. Sometimes it'd ignore some small forms of flinches or hits kept going after knockdowns. However it wasn't a reliable thing except only against specific classes (Typical 1v1's like other Warriors, Thieves, Destroyers) as a post-cutdown after air recovery. This was mostly off memory but you are somewhat correct as it was way too unnoticeable to remember if it even existed following what Popcorn states is the development fall-off date.

In other words, it's one of those things where you could've sworn it was there but the memory is too foggy.

#4 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 05 November 2017 - 09:57 PM

Well I remember cross cutting people out of their wyvern blades back in the day.

#5 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:28 PM

Well I remember cross cutting people out of their wyvern blades back in the day.

Again it wasn't any hard, reliable Super Armor. It was a very minor scale that worked with smaller flinches. But Sword's Dance/Broom/Cross Cut type knockdowns, knockbacks and electricity all canceled it easily.

#6 Bustincaps

Bustincaps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 November 2017 - 02:31 PM

Short Answer; Not total Super-armor like Impervion or Headspin.

Long Answer; From my memory; It has some weird form of Super-armor that wasn't total but not exactly non-existent. Sometimes it'd ignore some small forms of flinches or hits kept going after knockdowns. However it wasn't a reliable thing except only against specific classes (Typical 1v1's like other Warriors, Thieves, Destroyers) as a post-cutdown after air recovery. This was mostly off memory but you are somewhat correct as it was way too unnoticeable to remember if it even existed following what Popcorn states is the development fall-off date.

In other words, it's one of those things where you could've sworn it was there but the memory is too foggy.

Sounds to me like pseudo-superarmor, similar to Death Stinger for example. Certain skills can hit through it.

This would make sense with the above, since Cross Cut hits through pseudo-superarmor. 

Again it wasn't any hard, reliable Super Armor. It was a very minor scale that worked with smaller flinches. But Sword's Dance/Broom/Cross Cut type knockdowns, knockbacks and electricity all canceled it easily.

Actually, knockbacks interrupt all forms of superarmor. As far as the rest go, certain skills will still apply their effect through pseudo-superarmor, like mentioned above. Interestingly, Wyvern can actually still hit during minor flinches such as Arrow Shower or I'm Gone Bear. The skill will flinch the player, but you will continue to take damage and launch continuously upwards while they are out of the animation and flinching from your skill. I run into this a lot in Overlord vs Overlord matches, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users