Acid Terror Damage Sucks - Page 3 - Merchant Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Acid Terror Damage Sucks

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#51 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Restart Odin

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:55 PM

I’m not going to help another guild if they have nothing useful to share in return. Other classes are available if alchemist doesn’t work for you

Really?  I'd never withhold information from the community if it makes the overall experience of the game better.     My main is a knight.   I was just hoping to play an Alchemist and be able to enjoy it then being a coat slave.    

#52 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

I can tell you what I've run in the calc so far.   I've used a Bone War Axe, Hydra, and Archer Skel.   Done the same for sword mace and two handed axe.    

Alchie Build

Str 78
agi 1
Vit 87
Int 7
Dex 60
Luk 32

That is my raw stats.   Two handed axe provides the most damage, but nothing near getting 1.6k damage for WoE.     Also with firelock shoes added in as well.   

#53 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:55 PM

It doesnt matter how much you try, the damage will still suck, it has always been like that and it will remain like that. Just get over it.

Alchemist is support class mostly.

#54 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:41 PM

Why no one ever try to clear this misunderstanding? The entire post in this topic obviously been confused between : 1. Acid Terror vs Acid Bomb (which is Biochemist skills that not existed for Re:Start server), 2. Renewal mechanics in this server because it's only adapting classic spawn and EXP

#55 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:56 PM

Bomb skill is very useful in WoE, but seems everyone aiming for Acid terror / AB only lol.

#56 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:59 PM

listen up guys, acid terror is really bad so don't use it.  :p_laugh:

#57 deesrojournal

deesrojournal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Twitter:ggdeeofficial
  • Server:iRO RE:Start Odin

Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:18 AM

u need to try the doomslayer. thats what I have for my weapon while i was theory crafting. lmk  :p_laugh:

#58 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:26 AM

I can tell you what I've run in the calc so far.   I've used a Bone War Axe, Hydra, and Archer Skel.   Done the same for sword mace and two handed axe.    

Alchie Build

Str 78
agi 1
Vit 87
Int 7
Dex 60
Luk 32

That is my raw stats.   Two handed axe provides the most damage, but nothing near getting 1.6k damage for WoE.     Also with firelock shoes added in as well.   

Why no one ever try to clear this misunderstanding? The entire post in this topic obviously been confused between : 1. Acid Terror vs Acid Bomb (which is Biochemist skills that not existed for Re:Start server), 2. Renewal mechanics in this server because it's only adapting classic spawn and EXP

Basicly these two. Your isnt beyond safe but you are properbly better of the a woe focused cart revo built with bomb (ignoring any damage here) as a long range interruption/status dealing attack.

So playing a mixed role on the offensive debuff and defensive support role. so yeah using some stat resets might safe it... but building up a new character might be actually a quicker choice ,sorry to break that for you

#59 bigcfromrbc

bigcfromrbc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:56 PM

u need to try the doomslayer. thats what I have for my weapon while i was theory crafting. lmk  :p_laugh:

I'll test it out.   I just got home.

@Ganon - What stats are so bad?   I'm not 99 yet so I can adjust the dex now.    

#60 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:00 PM

I'll test it out.   I just got home.

@Ganon - What stats are so bad?   I'm not 99 yet so I can adjust the dex now.    

Well all of them ^^',but most are only slightly off, as i said its not beyond saving.

Str 72 

Agi 47

Vit 82

Int 39

Dex 49

Luk  1

Quick note here : with all i included with this build 2x Rosary of Spore , Amistr Bag and Nightmare Card ,Beserk Pot, Agi, Bless and Vip Buff. so you can play around a little . Aiming for 174 aspd for cart revo spamming (with two handed axe) , 100 vit , a little bit of int to help with your SP and cast time, same goes for dex. Its not the best cast time in the world, or the best cart revo spam ability its more balance these too.

I would ignore luk for now, while it does help a little with damage and status resistance you cant simple effort the stat points for now, its a different story with third classes later one. As said Nightmare Card is included ,you can use marduk card and try to get that one agi that is missing in other ways, its your choice really you are open to curse,silence and sleep.

As weapon goes : Two Handed Axe and +9/10 Orcish with status cards should be sufficient enough . 

This build is not perfection but should perform as Alchemist goes well enough.  

I hope that helps 

#61 DrunkenBear

DrunkenBear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:57 PM

Why are you cart-revoing when you can stay at back / bragi / pre-cast throwing acid terror? 

Alchemist as a frontliner seems a really bad idea.

> Two-handed Axe = No Shield

CKo7mXLUMAALiJG.png

Edited by DrunkenBear, 15 November 2017 - 09:59 PM.

#62 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:33 PM

Why are you cart-revoing when you can stay at back / bragi / pre-cast throwing acid terror?
Alchemist as a frontliner seems a really bad idea.

> Two-handed Axe = No Shield

CKo7mXLUMAALiJG.png

You realize that orcish axe is mentioned for a reason right ? And in my post before its also mentioned that its offense and defensive right ? And that its pretty much up to the player how he manages his class ? Yes going with an alch full derp revo in a BB knight Bulk bad idea ... going full revo spam in an offensive wizz line good idea ... . Going full derp revo in a defensive position bad idea going full support and derp bomb away good idea . You might allow players to be good enough to figure out same basics on thier own like positioning, equip changing and adapting to certain situations

#63 DrunkenBear

DrunkenBear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:11 PM

Do you realize that two-handed axe is inferior choice for acid terror damage wise? 

Do you realize that by using axe you will get 75% size penalty to medium size monsters?

Do you realize that there is another weapon that will gives you more DPS while still using shield?

Heck, even if two-handed axe doesn't have size reduction, you still get a lot of aspd reduc by using 2HA.

And finally, do you realize that using mace [4] will yeild a much cheaper weapon for status cart-revoing?

Anyway, i'm still not advising using alchemist as a status spreader on WoE.

If you wanna create havoc on pre-cast, use parasite (where there is no FJ/dazzler) + status weapon.

Oh, go figure some basic mechanic first before you make him remake his alchemist for the 3rd times.

#64 RealGarion

RealGarion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2017 - 11:44 PM

1. Two handed Axe is a good choice as any for bomb this skill doesnt do any damage it is for mammonite and Cart revo damage
2. Orcish axe is aswell and Deal Superior damage than a mace while still providing the same status dealing abilities
3. The aspd with the build is enough to spam Cart revo and given the guild He is in am certain he has adrenalin rush at hand
4. If you play an alche in woe i am certain aswell that ressources arnt an issue so going with a cheaper waepon and gain nothing from it ... no reason for that
5. There are other skills for alche might aswell use them sure nothing wrong with that
6. If you had time to complain about a build that is inferior to one you redeem perfection you just could have used the time to post it and give reasoning

#65 DrunkenBear

DrunkenBear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 12:33 AM

I could deal 2,5k damage on woe with target wearing usual woe reduction (poo,thara and immune) easily, and its spammable on strings+riff. And could deal more if my guild want to setup a pre-cast around acid terror build. 

M8, the damage output cart revo is negligible, who the hell cares with cart-revo damage. And you still get bonus aspd from adrenaline rush with mace.

I already gave you a reason why your build is bad. THA is not the best weapon for acid terror, Use sword if you wanna maximize your acid terror damage. And you still can wear your beloved thara shield for 30% reduction.

@bigcfromrbc just go to youtube and search alchemist pvp/woe video from sea revo-classic server (thRO, phRO and idrO).

#66 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:34 AM

uhh, Orcish axe[4] is the better Acid Terror option btw...

#67 DrunkenBear

DrunkenBear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 01:56 AM

uhh, Orcish axe[4] is the better Acid Terror option btw...

Already calcd (and tried) it. And no.

#68 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:20 AM

if you are carding it incorrectly maybe

#69 DrunkenBear

DrunkenBear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:26 AM

Don't worry about it. I played a fair share of renewal to know how the carding works.

#70 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:43 AM

i wouldnt be so sure

#71 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:49 AM

Ashuckel knows his stuff.

Curious what cards you use in an orcish axe. I had a look at the formula and it was... uh interesting.

#72 DrunkenBear

DrunkenBear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:50 AM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#73 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:53 AM

to be fair, it ia only slightly superior to the 2nd best option, but it has more synergy with party play in a woe scenario.

#74 DrunkenBear

DrunkenBear

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 02:57 AM

Huehue i need weapon perfection 100% uptimezz to deal 50 more damage before reduction!

#75 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:02 AM

and have a not garbage aspd :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users