Question to GM or Vmod - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Question to GM or Vmod

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#1 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:50 PM

So i know that we have a few volunteers that are players helping with event, translation and even coding. Also ragial bot. So my question is does GM monitoring these players activities?

The players that I mentioned aboved those people have early access to whatever new OCP items or even new patch before regular player. Now here is the question this condition creating a really unfair competition.
For example GM decided to bring Celine brooch players that help Gms with translation or coding will have advantage in game that he knew the prices of Celine ribbon will sky rocketed after maintenance so this player will buy before hand. Others maybe FLP this item made shards price doubled or even tripled.These are only few examples there are many OCP items that make some items in game sky rocketed after patch.

Also for ragial is this not even allowed to buy from market?
I notice couple of items just posted on ragial website and it's gone within a matter of second. Does ragial bot programmed to buy cheap items? Can Gms look into this aswell? This is creating a really unfair environment to the other players. Maybe terminated ragial bot once and for all? Or maybe wp can do this bot instead of players.

Thanks

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:07 PM

Hello,

All right, as we have been informed, see the following.

For the OCP items:

The information for the OCP items are in the client already, the only accessible info would be items' description.

The listing in which made to live servers is finalized and approved by the staff ONLY. Basically, useful intelligence is not available for the volunteers.

Ragial services are sanctioned by the staff and are monitored.

And no, they do not engage in market transactions.

For the record any user can set up auto buy bot if they really want to.

#3 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:08 PM

For example GM decided to bring Celine brooch players that help Gms with translation or coding will have advantage in game that he knew the prices of Celine ribbon will sky rocketed after maintenance so this player will buy before hand.

By the time server is up, or even before that, GM team will tell all players about OCP List, they are updated on the web site.

there is no thing called player will buy before hand,

Buy to whom ? if no one sells the items, at that moment everyone busy opening the OCP Box.

I notice couple of items just posted on ragial website and it's gone within a matter of second. Does ragial bot programmed to buy cheap items? Can Gms look into this aswell? This is creating a really unfair environment to the other players. Maybe terminated ragial bot once and for all? Or maybe wp can do this bot instead of players.

Ragial updated every 10 mins, if im not wrong.

that condition, more likely, someone vended the item, first 10 minutes, Ragial bot registered the item on the site, then someone bought it immediately , the item is gone in game but still appeared on the site for the next 10 minutes.

#4 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:14 PM

It’s going to be very hard to prove, almost impossible. Does it really matter though?

#5 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:17 PM

So your post isn't more of a question but more of an accusation that you want people to be up and against what you think is shady activity going on in the background.

I don't think there will be anything anyone can ever say to quench your thirst for drama.

#6 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:17 PM

^ https://www.google.c...ment/index.html

#7 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:21 PM

So your post isn't more of a question but more of an accusation that you want people to be up and against what you think is shady activity going on in the background.

I don't think there will be anything anyone can ever say to quench your thirst for drama.

Its just another ragi.al drama. Its like he was supposedly gonna buy a cheap item and someone snatch it before he reach the vendor. Lol

#8 Demeris

Demeris

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2213 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:23 PM

Its just another ragi.al drama. Its like he was supposedly gonna buy a cheap item and someone snatch it before he reach the vendor. Lol

The problem that it's been explained 20 times whenever ragial gets brought up.

For the 21st time, there is no unfair play involved.

It could be as simple as someone using their own bot to buy stuff or another person got there first. I snatched cheap items the moment i saw it on ragial cause I got lucky one time.

Edited by Demeris, 12 November 2017 - 11:23 PM.

#9 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:30 PM

The problem that it's been explained 20 times whenever ragial gets brought up.

For the 21st time, there is no unfair play involved.

It could be as simple as someone using their own bot to buy stuff or another person got there first. I snatched cheap items the moment i saw it on ragial cause I got lucky one time.

Or he can just refresh his browser and wait until the ragi.al was updated. I do this when bored and looking for cheap items. Its just another qq queen ops king i mean.

#10 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:37 PM

Dude wtf is wrong with you? 

#11 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:37 PM

More times than I can count, I've had a char sitting in eden2f or Prontera and notice a vend go up. I check and see something I want, I buy it. Meanwhile, Ragial-kun rolled through and left already before I clicked buy. It was gone before the website even updated because I didn't see it from Ragial, I saw it as the shop went live.

Oh, and there's two in-game items that let you search for items that are vending on the map. One of them allows you to open the vend shop and make a purchase through the dialogue box. I used to sit in Prontera watching my tagged ragial page and the item dialogue box ready to search and buy. No need to rush over to the vend, just type the item and search, open the shop and buy without moving. :P

No need to resort to nefarious means.

#12 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:54 PM

He is probably drunk bro.

#13 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:17 AM

i noticed that every time i vend i saw someone taking a peek from vendor to vendor in the same pattern idk if its bot but its a same char doing it over and over

#14 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:38 AM

i noticed that every time i vend i saw someone taking a peek from vendor to vendor in the same pattern idk if its bot but its a same char doing it over and over

You don't have to wonder. Ofcourse there are bot buyers. If you stay more on and vigilant around the vending area it is easy to spot them. I doubt they could be reported or even prosecuted.

Though, the OPs accusations are a bit farfetched. I do dislike the idea of having a ragial bot but let's all be honest. Ragial bot made it possible for those manual players to compete with bot buyers.

#15 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:45 AM

Hello,

All right, as we have been informed, see the following.

For the OCP items:
The information for the OCP items are in the client already, the only accessible info would be items' description.
The listing in which made to live servers is finalized and approved by the staff ONLY. Basically, useful intelligence is not available for the volunteers.

Ragial services are sanctioned by the staff and are monitored.
And no, they do not engage in market transactions.

For the record any user can set up auto buy bot if they really want to.

So when the players help with coding and translation of the item it's done within the maintenance time? Are these translation and coding done before the maintenance or during? If it is during then no wonder so many messed up items being sold. But if it is before then certain players have advantage. Please confirm

#16 Valtios

Valtios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:48 AM

#17 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:50 AM

'-'

#18 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:04 AM

Too bad that Immune Shield was sold to another player eh?

Kidding aside, I think I know who that "person that has access to ocp items can view and change script" is. If we have the same person in mind we should be thanking him for the info he is providing to the PUBLIC via the FORUMS. It's not like he is keeping things to himself.

#19 MyNameIsTaken

MyNameIsTaken

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1363 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:11 AM

Pls stop blaming ragial, it is one of the best thing happened to RO and it TOTALLY FREE TO USE. So leave ragial aside from you conspiracies, TY.

#20 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:16 AM

if you assume that volunteers get the advantage and ripoff others by knowing the OCP content beforehand.

then make yourself useful and become a volunteer? 

knowing the content beforehand doesn't mean that you can control the market price yeah.

seeing whats available on vend and wiping them out in the market doesn't mean that you can full monopoly over the item.

you never know if there's one crazy guy who has been stockpiling the items.

the RagCan items are free for all to know. those who do their research and patiently wait will make a profit from their effort.

MOREOVER. you never know how's the market response to the new OCP item release and the rate of getting the item from the OCP.

like honestly if FLP was at Celine Brooch rate. do you think the shard price would have tripled?

Shards and Celine Ribbon are in-game farmed items, if you buy it at the times where the demand is high.

then you should not be complaining about it.

#21 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4118 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:20 AM

He is probably drunk bro.

I remember OP from WP Extra Life Charity thread :heh:

https://forums.warpp...d-ro1-costumes/

#22 PoySanity

PoySanity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1211 posts
  • LocationEinbech

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:35 AM

I remember OP from WP Extra Life Charity thread :heh:

https://forums.warpp...d-ro1-costumes/

He is probably drinking on that time. Lol

#23 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:37 AM

Kidding aside, I think I know who that "person that has access to ocp items can view and change script" is. If we have the same person in mind we should be thanking him for the info he is providing to the PUBLIC via the FORUMS. It's not like he is keeping things to himself.

I don't have access to scripts, I just work on descriptions, and that won't be forever mind you :P

#24 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:40 AM

The person I'm thinking of has vended plenty of items with very reasonable prices lately. Forum market threads are also very fairly priced, both for buying and selling. No need to haggle.

Then again, I'm much the same way...  when I vend, I do it to actually sell items, not to have 'em sit in a cart for 3 months waiting for that extra 20m. 

#25 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 02:19 AM

So when the players help with coding and translation of the item it's done within the maintenance time? Are these translation and coding done before the maintenance or during? If it is during then no wonder so many messed up items being sold. But if it is before then certain players have advantage. Please confirm

Their work is limited to proofing item's description in means to make it cleaner, they don't know what goes into a box per release.

Please see my post here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users