• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Vardahoth

Vardahoth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

Is there any way I can permanently do /exall without having to retype it every map??

#2 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:22 PM

i will send you a pm

#3 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:23 PM

Follow this link: https://forums.warpp...onfig-template/

Best way to get rid of the pop up spam.

#4 Vardahoth

Vardahoth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 November 2017 - 07:55 PM

Thanks a ton guys. Works like a charm. I not only can't see their whispers, but no spams in the towns either above their heads. My game experience just increased 1000%

#5 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:36 AM

And this is exactly why this should be made a default for new players that download a fresh client off the site. :)

#6 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:44 AM

I believe it is intended this way, which is to have unique anti spam phrases per user, doing so makes it harder for the spammers to guess and bypass the block.

#7 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 November 2017 - 05:50 AM

I believe it is intended this way, which is to have unique anti spam phrases per user, doing so makes it harder for the spammers to guess and bypass the block.

However there is only so many different ways for them to scramble the links and whatnot, it already is nothing but gibberish where you cannot distinguish what they even say.

It's literally just spam at this point making it really tough for new playes when they get 10000 pop-up windows because the default nospam2.cfg does NOTHING on its own.

How hard would it be to have a nospam2.cfg update with every bigger patch in order to silence the spammers. Additionally to that everyone will still have their individual phrases added to the file.

Honestly, 327GHgbh987326ziugbsaj /-\, or whatever is just scrambled mess, it's irritating to even put up with it. It's also ridiculous to see the livestream getting spammed with it only showing that CM's don't even care about the spam themselves really.

You don't even allow publically traded nospam2.cfg's with the most ridiculous excuse that "they may bypass it", seriously if they do they will get updated again and again, unlike WarpPortal, players would keep it updated and help eachother to keep the spam away. The way it is now I can only share mine via PM to very few individuals that come to the forums and complain / ask for help.

Those that don't come to the forums will have to live with an /exall game, new players will just be driven away by this.

The way this is handeled currently is just utterly ridiculous and stupid.

Edited by Morlord, 20 November 2017 - 05:53 AM.

#8 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:08 AM

We could ask about that again and see what's the staff input, though it was mentioned some time ago that they do not want to override users' own settings at this point. The plugin has more functionalities than just blocking spam.

#9 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 20 November 2017 - 06:52 AM

There's already a separate list that can be updated (via patch) without overwriting custom configs. They just haven't been using it.

I'd propose adding an option to block novices below level 10, but I doubt that would be well-received.

#10 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 20 November 2017 - 08:21 AM

Sounds good to me, do you mean by the staff or?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users