**IF** we were to get a new server, what would you like to see done differently? - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

**IF** we were to get a new server, what would you like to see done differently?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 Phatz

Phatz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:41 AM

Just want to know as currently there's 0 talk of a new server and I know there's probably close to 0 chance of getting one but there's always a proposal and suggestion section so, let's discuss?

Some things for me off the top of my head:

Possibly making it a $ / month service to deter the bots

Looking at the WoE box system

Addressing all the renewal items, bugs etc that were around for the beginning months

#2 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:05 AM

without a premium anticheat it would end up exactly the same as the rest of iro's servers 

#3 iSeenUB4

iSeenUB4

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Server:Botdin

Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:19 PM

Might be best to switch back to a subscription service to bypass the majority of the zenny spammers and botters, that way every botter that wants to be dedictated has to pay a subscription per month and thus discourages his risk/reward ratio.

Scenario 1: 4 bots banned on a F2P

Lol meh, time is np since I can remake 20

Scenario 2: 2 bots banned on 2 paid accounts 
Lost 30$ + time gone

jRO still runs on a subscription basis, their customers have the mindset of "The server's management is dedictated and makes it fun enough to be worth 15usd/1,500 yen a month". They did not bet on the Free to Play model but improved over the subscription one similar to Blizzard's management style.

I would pay for a subscription if that meant that it guarantees a bot-less experience

#4 Panteperu

Panteperu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 584 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:23 AM

No WoE pots. Or at least make them heal 50% of the npc pots. 

Rebalanced exp, getting 20m+ exp/hour seems pretty broke to me. (not even mentioning guid dungeon exp)

More silvervine reward quest other than minibosses. (max cap 150 silvervines a week for a required playtime for quests 8h at least)

Zeny sink permanent npc, somehow

Reduced WoE guild size to 46

Fixed treasure box drops. (not affected by drop events, equips, VIP, or bubble gum)

#5 Xerain

Xerain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:42 PM

Trading and vending is VIP only. Non VIP can only drop 1 item at a item, except cards, which can't be dropped by non VIP at all. No free VIP events ever, but larger boosts for the EXP and Item Drop boost events.

Basically convert the game from F2P to Freemium. Bot owners will have to pay to collect from their bots.

#6 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:51 AM

No WoE pots. Especially no buyable SP pots. Infinite SP fundamentally breaks class design.

#7 EwoI

EwoI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:29 AM

IF there was to be a new RO server it would probably be based on kROs ragnarok zero.

#8 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:57 AM

No renewal 

#9 Svoike

Svoike

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

IF there was to be a new RO server it would probably be based on kROs ragnarok zero.

^ this

#10 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:06 PM

Rebalanced exp, getting 20m+ exp/hour seems pretty broke to me. (not even mentioning guid dungeon exp)

Unfortunately this is a direct result of WP listening to people bitching on forums. Guild dungeons were buffed because people were crying about it. Now GDs give up to 40m/hr and people want other places buffed. What an endless cycle of idiocy. The easier it is to level, the less time people need to spend on the game. Level 99 should not be a pre-requisite and should not be expected. If you strip away a lot of the game, there's nothing left except the grind. Therefore, making it easier simply takes away longevity.

If we were to get a new server I'd suggest not listening to such feedback.

Edited by Hrishi, 02 December 2017 - 06:07 PM.

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:35 AM

Level 99 is a pre-requisite because of the way status works in renewal.... That's why renewal has it's particular exp chart, not this broken mess that restart has... 

#12 iamSMOKIE

iamSMOKIE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:03 AM

No renewal, Actually pay for a 24/7 bot hunting team and anti cheat shield. 

#13 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:32 PM

Level 99 is a pre-requisite because of the way status works in renewal.... That's why renewal has it's particular exp chart, not this broken mess that restart has... 

Except on this server level has no effect on status? So it's not really a pre-requisite here. On actual renewal, sure, but one of the most important distinctions restart has is the removal of level-based modifications to status resistances.

Edited by Hrishi, 03 December 2017 - 12:35 PM.

#14 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:36 PM

Except on this server level has no effect on status? So it's not really a pre-requisite here. On actual renewal, sure, but one of the most important distinctions restart has is the removal of level-based modifications to status resistances.

umm have you tested that? I suggest you do if you haven't. 

Edited by Xellie, 03 December 2017 - 12:36 PM.

#15 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

umm have you tested that? I suggest you do if you haven't. 

I have. I don't know if it's been broken recently but at some point it most certainly had no effect.

#16 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:06 AM

No anti bot shield = just the same as re:start no matter how many new servers they try to introduce 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users