December 7th Renewal Maintenance - Page 5 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 7th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
215 replies to this topic

#101 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

If that is the case I won't even bother.  Marc card prices will spike insanely and the idea to hunt for a card and the need to get it daily...

No thanks. (I won't even mention the Silvervine)

Enjoy your Xmas Holidays, Midgardians! I'm off.

You can get a Marc Card easily though :U There is a quest which gives you a choice of cards after doing so many kill counts or w/e in Byalan. It could be done in conjunction with this. The only issue would be if or if not the shadow items are account bound still.

#102 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

LOL, it'd be hilarious if you guys end up raising the prices of mundane cards by having them be an ingredient for various shadow gears via quest, effectively fixing the "what do with crap cards???" issue.

#103 alvaro89

alvaro89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Locationque te importa <.<

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:11 PM

You will get one random piece of the set when completing the quest once per day.

OMG why SOOOO evil  :p_omg:

Edited by VModCinnamon, 07 December 2017 - 02:39 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed font style, Red/Bold is for moderation, please don't use it in this manner.

#104 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

Nah I dont bother the marc card at all, I already have the unfrozen set. It just makes me curious that if the card is the ingredient for a daily quest.

#105 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town
  • Server:Chaos x Thor

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:16 PM

Is that for real... Marc card :'( Good thing I haven't sold mine.

#106 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:23 PM

You will get one random piece of the set when completing the quest once per day.

wait so even paying with silvervines, the reward piece is still random?

#107 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:27 PM

1 in 4 chance for 108, considering the effect I guess it's k?

#108 kappakeepokupo

kappakeepokupo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationPH

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

Yeah, you could think of it like it's an OCP or Lucky Box kind of thing :v

#109 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:31 PM

Those quest reqs, tho.

#110 nifanatic

nifanatic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationHome

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:31 PM

Spotlight

• Nightmare Toy Factory, Toy Factory, Lutie *** NEW!
  • +100% Exp +50% Drops for the rest of December

Thank you! Favorite time of the year on iRO :)

#111 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:40 PM

108?

#112 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:40 PM

108?

Silvervine Boxes give 4 fruits, at 6m per box that is 108m with 2 fruits left over.

#113 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

The shield was much harder to get. I have three +27 sets on three different accounts, none of them with the shield. Basically, I just need to get one for each set. Camp, can you confirm if it really is 1/4 chance? Unless they set the rates to be equal or unbind the set, I won't even bother wasting 70 silvervines for a random piece that I would just add to my almost full storage with leftovers.

Edited by Richkr, 07 December 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#114 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:45 PM

LOL, it'd be hilarious if you guys end up raising the prices of mundane cards by having them be an ingredient for various shadow gears via quest, effectively fixing the "what do with crap cards???" issue.

That is a goal were working toward with this quest series. Were trying to provide an outlet for old cards and let users earn zeny selling otherwise junk items to users.

The shield was much harder to get. I have three +27 sets on three different accounts, none of them with the shield. Basically, I just need to get one for each set. Camp, can you confirm if it really is 1/4 chance?

The chances are much more even now.

#115 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:47 PM

dmtLroY.png

Whoever thought of this needs to explain themselves. $5 for a 1/4 chance of getting a piece you want, or find a .0x% rate card to turn in for a 1/4 chance of getting the right piece, or make a throwaway character to farm baylan on every day until you get the pieces you want. Its pretty clear that for most people who weren't already strangely prepared for this event that there is no real 'free' option. Some people make $5 during the time they take to go to the bathroom at work, and you are telling me that someone playing the game needs to hunt a card? And that those two things are somehow a comparable amount of effort? This sounds absolutely awful. I swear someone in the office gets off on killing hype for things players want.

BY THE WAY, Fin is a 5% drop rate. So killing 350 for the quest will get you ~20% of the way there, with double drops ~40%. This is such an -.- thing to do.

That is a goal were working toward with this quest series. Were trying to provide an outlet for old cards and let users earn zeny selling otherwise junk items to users.

So you are starting with Marc card? A card with a multitude of viable uses and market demand.

Edited by Scuba, 07 December 2017 - 03:03 PM.

#116 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

That looks kinda annoying to get, 4x minimum if your refine luck is super good and rng of getting a random piece is too.

#117 KrystalKnight

KrystalKnight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:52 PM

Yet you choose an expensive card that is already sold often and is heavily botted, providing more money for the botting community. You shouldn't have selected a card that is a main use for unfrozen already and gone for a card that sells for under 1m - farming the ingredients is gonna be hard enough.

Edited by KrystalKnight, 07 December 2017 - 02:54 PM.

#118 bearl

bearl

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2148 posts
  • Server:Warpportal Forum

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:54 PM

it's really a good concept.

it helps new player to fund their equipment and consumable to stay in the game longer and enjoy the game.

however, bots may come into the picture and destroy whatever the team is working to build.

so please do. BE HARSH on the bots.

+1 IP ban

#119 Richkr

Richkr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2379 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:54 PM

Hope they will at least monitor any bot activity this time since It's just one map. 

#120 KrystalKnight

KrystalKnight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:56 PM

Hope they will at least monitor any bot activity this time since It's just one map. 

I doubt it. They have a way of implementing these things and then just hoping that people do it legit on an honor system. Additionally botters might have a stockpile of these already and can sell them without botting and getting caught, even if they monitor it.

#121 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

Silvervine Boxes give 4 fruits, at 6m per box that is 108m with 2 fruits left over.

ah ok gotcha didnt know you meant Z cost. but yeah that seems fair for the richies route indeed!

#122 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

it's really a good concept.

it helps new player to fund their equipment and consumable to stay in the game longer and enjoy the game.

however, bots may come into the picture and destroy whatever the team is working to build.

so please do. BE HARSH on the bots.

+1 IP ban

They wont, they just believe in the player ill-mannered reports and do their investigations, wich takes DAYS OR WEEKS to complete, and when a bot is banned, the botter just spend 5 mins and he/she has x10 bots more wandering. Its a real problem and staff just stop taking care about it. I know, coz I have walked over Payon dungeon, Payon fields, Even bybalan dungeon its botted, and many other places. but well, welcome to iRO. have to deal with it

Edited by S207, 07 December 2017 - 02:58 PM.

#123 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

Fin drops much more often from Strouf, though. 53.35% base rate.

http://db.irowiki.or.../item-info/951/

#124 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

Best case scenario it would cost someone ~2k KP to get all 4, not counting the cost of getting at minimum 2 +7's and 2 +8's.

Is there a safe option for refining shadow gear? If not - good luck with that.

#125 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

Whoever thought of this needs to explain themselves. $5 for a 1/4 chance of getting a piece you want, or find a .0x% rate card to turn in for a 1/4 chance of getting the right piece, or make a throwaway character to farm baylan on every day until you get the pieces you want. This sounds absolutely awful. I swear someone in the office gets off on killing hype for things players want.

BY THE WAY, Fin is a 5% drop rate. So killing 350 for the quest will get you ~20% of the way there, with double drops ~40%. This is such an -.- thing to do.

So you are starting with Marc card? A card with a multitude of viable uses and market demand.

That looks kinda annoying to get, 4x minimum if your refine luck is super good and rng of getting a random piece is too.

Yet you choose an expensive card that is already sold often and is heavily botted, providing more money for the botting community. You shouldn't have selected a card that is a main use for unfrozen already and gone for a card that sells for under 1m - farming the ingredients is gonna be hard enough.

Personally, I think that it is RNG is a bit lame. Because you have to deal with RNG to upgrade them as well, and are limited to one quest a day. I think if the items are not account bound then at least that makes it so an economy can shuffle things around.

I personally don't see the problem with $5 for a 1/4 chance, it's a powerful set and you are paying not to spend hours on a quest and to not deal with the 1 quest per char per day deal.

You have to kill 350 Marc, you will most likely get what you need, and you can do the Byalan quest at the same time that guarantees a Marc Card at the end. I think the choice of Marc card makes sense, since it gives off an Unfrozen effect which is what people want from the shadow set. From an item sync perspective it makes sense :X

But yeah do monitor the byalan floors, because bots will be going ape -_-.

Edited by Nirvanna21, 07 December 2017 - 03:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users