7 replies to this topic

#1 Swerdy

Swerdy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:11 AM

Hey there,

Iam fairly new to Ragnarok Re:start, and i was wondering how to git gud?

I was checking alot in iRo wiki and so on alos the classic version of it. Thats how i could make myself an impression of a TU Build Priest. Unfortunatly iam lvl 35/21 and grinding my sould out in Payon Cave. I realy dont have any Eq or Zeny at hand so i was wondering where can I lvl fast and also make alot of cash. Also i would appreciate some advices for stats and what to max first.

Thanks for your help and have a nice day in Ro Re:start ^^

#2 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:16 AM

Open R> chats in common level areas and provide heals and buffs to players that join your party.

With your level you might be lucky to find parties / party members at the Porcellio map, 1 down 1 right from Einbroch.

#3 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:44 PM

Int is always going to be important with priests, as well as Vit. Dex is fine, although I wouldn't get more than 40.

I'd also advise you to try joining a guild. Starting out as an Aco can be difficult and they'll be willing to give you a hand ^_^

#4 Funen1

Funen1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

Yeah even with a TU build you should still expect to be leveling up a lot through parties. Joining a guild can certainly help with that. And you'll still have most of the stuff people ask for from an Aco/Priest, so no need to worry about that. Heck, party members leveling at Sphinx 4 will appreciate you insta-killing Anubis for them lol.

Partying at Porcellios can last you past the job change, which is good since you'll need something simpler to start out your time as a Priest. Fair warning, you'll want a high level of TU (at least 7 or so) in order to kill Undeads anywhere close to reliably - any lower and the chance is just not high enough imo, and you'll be stuck kiting them for much longer than you probably want, especially considering TU's low range and arguably excessive cooldown. As for where to go once you reach that point, Glast Heim Underprison 1 is good since Skel and Zombie Prisoners are slow - learn how to space TU so your character doesn't automatically move closer when you target them, giving you more room to avoid the monsters once the cast ends.

If you can find a party to fight High Orcs at Clock Tower B2F when you're still in the 60s, by all means do that first. But if you can't and you want to go solo somewhere with more experience than GH, try out Ancient Mummies in Pyramid B2F. They move a lot faster so it's much harder to space TU correctly (KE helps a bit once you get higher levels of that too), but if you can manage it, it's not that bad getting you up to 70 or possibly higher, right in range for typical CTHO parties. The loot isn't bad either - people need Mementos for Skull Caps, Rough Oridecon/Elunium are a hot commodity right now, Silver Rings can be Overcharged for over 10k if you have a Merchant, and if you're really lucky, a Glove [1] can get you tens of millions. And unlike with Anubis, there's no special gear needed! Of course if you do join a guild you can party and level wherever else they're willing to go too.

I'm probably not the best to talk about different money-making strats, but when you're just starting out you kinda have to put in work to get enough zeny to buy gear you want. I wouldn't worry too much about getting high-end gear until later though.

@Renaru Since they're going for TU, Luk would be preferable over Dex, though how much they want is up to them.

#5 Swerdy

Swerdy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:57 AM

Thanks for all your replies, I was wondering what skills should I get.

atm i have Heal 10, Divine Protect 10 and Agi 2.

I was aiming for Agi 10, Belss 10, Ruwach 1, Teleport 2, Warp Portal 4 and Pneuma 1

also reaching job 50 and with the last 2 points gettin Cure 1 and Aqua Benedicta 1

What are your oppinions to this?

#6 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

Divine Protection does nothing with Renewal mechanics, it's a waste of skill points.

If your base level is low enough, there is a Hypnotist in Prontera that resets your skills for free.

This should be your standard aco skill point distrib, regardless of what build you are going for (unless Battle Priest) :

http://irowiki.org/~...10gXdNsXdAhA9ak

This is a possible TU build:

http://irowiki.org/~...dAhAbfcAjNqB1cK

You start with Magnificat 5, then Gloria 5, then rush TU 10 and by the time you have TU you will reach a level that is ok to solo Anubis with or join Anubis parties, as long as you have a Bathory Card that is. Then you can start getting Kyrie Lv 10 and whatever other skills you want.

Until Level ~83 you are expected to level at CTHO (Aldebaran) parties as support, or at the West Orc Village High Orcs.

Possible final TU stat build:

94 Int (94+5 job bonus)

53 Luk (53+7 job bonus, is 60 total, 90 with Gloria)

85 Vit (4x Fabre Card Rod [4] + 2x Necklace [1] Spore Card for 100 VIT) (85+5 job bonus + 10 equip)

Necklace [1] requires base level 90 though.

Rosary is an alternative due to the +Luk.

You can go with less Vit and other gear if you don't want stun immunity, and put the points into Dex.

TU Cast Time is 1 second though, so Dex isn't really needed.

Edited by Morlord, 09 December 2017 - 11:23 AM.

#7 Swerdy

Swerdy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

Oh dayum, then... well... thinks its going to Prontera now and reset my skills. At least i asked before reaching lvl40 xD

Edit: Ah... i know aim asking alot of questions.. xD I've read that MAtk brings alot more than just stacking Int. Is it usefull for me to go with MAtk Equip?

Edited by Swerdy, 09 December 2017 - 11:34 AM.

#8 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 09 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

High mATK gear is to be favoured over gear that grants Int.

Heal increases with mATK, but the healing formula on re:start is really bad it's almost not worth it.

TU uses only your base level and INT divided by 10 and Luk divided by 10, mATK doesn't do anything here.

Basically you could just walk around with no weapon at all to be honest, as Priest it doesn't matter, with current items at least.

Also stat point wise: pump Int, then get Luk up and lastly Vit.

Edited by Morlord, 09 December 2017 - 11:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users