Endless Tower guide for noobs? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Endless Tower guide for noobs?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic

#26 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:39 PM

I've removed the post on detailing how to exploit the ET bug. If you wish to report a bug and how to reproduce it please make a report to the support team about it.

Exploiting bugs is never encouraged, doing to risks having your account suspended. Just don't do it.

so it's considered an exploit. now the question is:  how many people did you suspend for it up until now? 

#27 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

The bug appears to fall into a "gray area" where it's left alone until the patch to fix instances arrives on iRO, however abuse of any unintended behavior should never be encouraged.

Remember the bug recently about the CD on dailies having a 1 hour window of unlimited resets? That was a bug people abused and were punished for.

That said, I will ask Campitor about the exact details about this bug when he is available on Monday. However others have also said that Camp has previously warned people to not post publically about the details of the bug so please do not do that.

#28 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:45 PM

The bug appears to fall into a "gray area" where it's left alone until the patch to fix instances arrives on iRO, however abuse of any unintended behavior should never be encouraged.

Remember the bug recently about the CD on dailies having a 1 hour window of unlimited resets? That was a bug people abused and were punished for.

That said, I will ask Campitor about the exact details about this bug when he is available on Monday. However others have also said that Camp has previously warned people to not post publically about the details of the bug so please do not do that.

meaning to say, if i were to do that bug, it's okay as long as i dont spread it? :heh:

#29 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

i do ET every week on my RK with my wife AB. We go to the top floor every time. To date we’ve never had a single mvp equipment to use lol.

Just sharing some tips on the harder MVPs.

1. hibram: he doesn’t use any holy attack while chasing, and he is a very huge slowpoke. So do hit and run on him with evil/undead armor, and bring some royal jellies when he curse you. That’s about it, he will barely hurt you since his dark strikes will miss and he will spend a lot of time casting to summon minions lol.

2. Ifrit: Same thing as Hibram. He’s slow enough that you can kite him before power up. As long as he is moving, there is no strippy stripy dirty actions too. However, both of his minions have shield reflect, so my physical RK had to avoid using ignition break. At 40% HP (2.8M) he starts earthquake, i personally count my damage with hundred spears (cuz it’s a beautiful 250k each poke so it’s easy to count), and then one shot him with crush strike at the 3M+ HP mark with lex. For others, Zayaans post on how to kill him without him doing earthquake is very good. Basically if you have him on the chase, his first move is always summon minions if they are dead and it has a 30s cd, so you can just cheese him by doing a range aoe attack, forcing him to do summon as the next cast instead of earthquake, and then run away after the summon is done. Repeat every 30seconds while the summon is in CD.

3. Valk. My ez RK strat is just my ab lex, then goes and die while eating dispel, then i go in crush strike. If i’m lucky i kill her in one shot, if not it takes me 2 times so i die once (This is with the new blacksmith gloves, i used to need 3 crush strikes before that). The no death method and sure method that applies to all classes involve having very heavy resist, basicslly using immune shield +12 with alice and +9 DR HBP. This will give you 77% resist, which you can further add on with more stuff like tidung, 3D glasses, resist shadow earring/pendant (3% resist) for 90% without sacrificing headgear. I personally don’t think any swordsman class needs above 77% to tank valk since we have high HP. Use holy armor and thunder resist pot. Dispel doesn’t remove foods, runes and resist pot. It does remove tako, curse water element and berserk pot, so you only need these 3 on shortcut key for quick rebuff. Theoretically speaking my RK can solo kill valk without dying by going the 77% resist path and just do Ignition break with ice pick until she has 1.2-1.5M hp, and then one shot her from 1.5M mark wih +12–14 ice pick with crush strike. Assumptio will boost her def to insane amounts. Haven’t tried it though, since i never got the incentive to do it when my wife is okay with playing with me once a week in ET. This is probably the hardest part of ET, everything else is a breeze after her.

4. Beel: stack neutral resist and wear evil/undead armor. He is easy once your resist is enough, just very thick so nothing much to say. I just use my dr etran and auto attack him to death on my two hand sword lol.

5. entweihen. Etran is your friend since it prevents knockback, and use evil armour to prevent dark strikes. Might want to pop a fire resist too. You just need a way to get close to him for your own class. This boss is super easy on physical RK as i simply wear my spear and shield, and use the thorns as ladders to entweihen with charge attack. 3 charges and i’m in entweihen’s face, potting with isia rune while hundred spear/IB-ing his face.

6. Naght sieger: Might be hard for classes who can’t deal with agi up. He is permanently in that, so good luck. Tanking wise, it’s easy to tank him with just DR etran and evil armour, and using fire/water resist pot. You can also consider using water armour if stormgust is a bigger problem, then just tank his dark strikes. Not a difficult enemy.

I have no videos of this as i to-date still die at least 1-5 times inside ET so it’s not a perfect run, so i’m not gonna post anything

Edited by blackCROSSCY, 17 December 2017 - 08:58 PM.

#30 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:54 PM

meaning to say, if i were to do that bug, it's okay as long as i dont spread it? :heh:

Yep. Been a bug for as long as ET has existed. It has been reported time and time again, but no fix ever really came. They TRIED once but actually made it worse.

#31 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:59 PM

so it's considered an exploit. now the question is:  how many people did you suspend for it up until now? 

I've talked to Camp about it multiple times, official stance is you're 100% allowed to do it, you just can't talk about how to do it, much like client edits.

The GMs have done their best to limit the ability to use said exploit, and they've decided the balance they've achieved in doing so is an acceptable one until such a time as a real fix comes about.

Much like a DnD Lawyer, yer just gonna make life worse for everyone involved, just quit while yer ahead.

#32 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

I've talked to Camp about it multiple times, official stance is you're 100% allowed to do it, you just can't talk about how to do it, much like client edits.

The GMs have done their best to limit the ability to use said exploit, and they've decided the balance they've achieved in doing so is an acceptable one until such a time as a real fix comes about.

Much like a DnD Lawyer, yer just gonna make life worse for everyone involved, just quit while yer ahead.

The balance was awesome. Give abusers 25 more floors to man handle for the 2nd and 3rd rounds, make climbing a real -_- to deal with if you make a mistake between floors 1 ~ 50 and 51 ~ 100, and of course the limited number of ashes given.

#33 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:04 PM

Look at what I've done  :p_swt:  :p_swt:  :p_swt:  :p_swt:  :p_swt:  ................................ :p_smile:  :p_devil:

#34 ClickClickClick

ClickClickClick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:06 PM

Look at what I've done  :p_swt:  :p_swt:  :p_swt:  :p_swt:  :p_swt:  ................................ :p_smile:  :p_devil:

Nah, was on me...

Might be best to request the thread be deleted, OP can do that, consequence free.

#35 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:47 PM

The real exploits were when people were able to spawn hundreds of GTBs in a single room. Saw a screenshot a few years back of it in action. Apparently those people involved were allowed to keep their GTB cards without repercussions. dunno.gif

#36 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:03 AM

The real exploits were when people were able to spawn hundreds of GTBs in a single room. Saw a screenshot a few years back of it in action. Apparently those people involved were allowed to keep their GTB cards without repercussions. dunno.gif

Yeah I heard about that exploit :X

#37 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:06 AM

Yeah I heard about that exploit :X

I've been casually digging to try and find the screenshot, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to find it. ~_~ If I do it was probably hosted on photobucket back then anyway :P But there were so many GTBs there were no empty cells to walk on. :v

#38 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:07 AM

I've been casually digging to try and find the screenshot, but I don't think I'm gonna be able to find it. ~_~ If I do it was probably hosted on photobucket back then anyway :P But there were so many GTBs there were no empty cells to walk on. :v

iirc, I was told it was around 100 could be spawned.

#39 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:19 AM

iirc, I was told it was around 100 could be spawned.

9cru44S.png

#40 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:20 AM

Why did you have to remind this to me again? I already forgot and moved on from this abuse. Now I'm salty again rolf

#41 Diskence

Diskence

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1311 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:24 AM

There are a lot of things people get away with because they are friends with GM  :heh:

#42 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:28 AM

i use Wind Armor on Bee though  Bee is like a joke if he is alone because his aspd is really slow,  and if you keep killing the minions, His AI only think about "Hey lets summon them again" .this will delay his attacks.

Hibram is lol, even Creamy AI is better than him. he only chase you and stop to cast GC, then chase again then stop again.

for Ifrit i noticed as long as you keep moving , he wont use earthquake, only that really hurt Fireball.

do i still need to talk about Valkyrie ?  :heh:

this applied to all classes, not just gene,

using gene mvping with these jro gears is like an insult to RO creator. please dont do that.

mvps in the rest floor ?

uhhh better think about how to sustain your SP entire run, than thinking about them  :p_hi:

Edited by Silvianna, 18 December 2017 - 12:30 AM.

#43 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:09 AM

There are a lot of things people get away with because they are friends with GM  :heh:

i second this, i have heard this too before from a close friend that already stopped playing,

he is like a big brother to me, he is the one who taught me everything about this game, how to farm, how to buy low sell high, how to build this class, everything except WoE and PvP because he said, i better stay away from it lol

yuppp i just remembered about it,

100 GTBs summoned in ET lol

not just that, i heard a lot from him when he still playing.  :p_sad:  

but i dont want Mod to lock this thread 

so be it.  :pif:

Edited by Silvianna, 18 December 2017 - 01:09 AM.

#44 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:12 AM

i second this, i have heard this too before from a close friend that already stopped playing,

he is like a big brother to me, he is the one who taught me everything about this game, how to farm, how to buy low sell high, how to build this class, everything except WoE and PvP because he said, i better stay away from it lol

yuppp i just remembered about it,

100 GTBs summoned in ET lol

not just that, i heard a lot from him when he still playing.  :p_sad:  

but i dont want Mod to lock this thread 

so be it.  :pif:

A lot of people have gotten away with a lot of things over the years :X

#45 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:43 AM

i use Wind Armor on Bee though  Bee is like a joke if he is alone because his aspd is really slow,  and if you keep killing the minions, His AI only think about "Hey lets summon them again" .this will delay his attacks.

Hibram is lol, even Creamy AI is better than him. he only chase you and stop to cast GC, then chase again then stop again.

for Ifrit i noticed as long as you keep moving , he wont use earthquake, only that really hurt Fireball.

do i still need to talk about Valkyrie ?  :heh:

this applied to all classes, not just gene,

using gene mvping with these jro gears is like an insult to RO creator. please dont do that.

mvps in the rest floor ?

uhhh better think about how to sustain your SP entire run, than thinking about them  :p_hi:

Do you know why sometimes my VP/CS or even OB miss on Bee, Valk, and even Icy Lizard for a period of time? I used Holy on Bee and Valk, and Wind on Icy lizard :/

Was it because of Agi up?

#46 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:50 AM

Yes it’s agi up. Beel before changing to his fat form at 50% HP, uses agi up from 60% HP.

Valk starts at 30% and ktullanux also 30%. It’s best you get a gungnir for it. Free 25% perfect hit. Other choices are ancient mummy plus mummy for 20 more and the new pheeorni combo for 50, but not sure if it’s working based on the other thread

#47 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:12 AM

Martyr's Reckoning can be used as well, altho it doesnt deal very good damage(always deal a flat 12,6% of your maximum HP at lvl5), it is nevermiss. (and costs 9% of maximum life per hit)

#48 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:36 AM

personally i really want to see Chakri's crit EB soloing ET, that would be awesomeeee  :p_hi:

Edited by Silvianna, 18 December 2017 - 03:36 AM.

#49 yamasakai90

yamasakai90

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3030 posts
  • LocationUnder the Ground

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:30 AM

I honestly just bring Endless Token to ET.

More of the facetank and token bomb guy.... :3 

FBH - Kite (Poison Armor)
Ifrit - Kite or FaceTank till he's fury then Kite (Fire Scrubs/Etran when tanking)
Valk - Facetank to kill her aspd (Holy Armor)
Bee- (Facetank with Etran and Alice

FCP for Ifrit, Valk, Bee. 

Entwein - pneuma clips.

Naught - Facetank , unfrozen water.

Edited by yamasakai90, 18 December 2017 - 08:33 AM.

#50 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 09:11 AM

personally i really want to see Chakri's crit EB soloing ET, that would be awesomeeee  :p_hi:

Oh that's ez. I'd end on 5th floor when I hit GTB and die to reflect  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users