VIP buffs away from Prontera please? - Page 3 - Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

VIP buffs away from Prontera please?

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • Twitter:stephstiel
  • LocationUK
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:47 AM

The thread was opened on December 18th.

That turnaround time leaves a lot to be desired.

#52 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the North Pole

Posted 08 January 2018 - 12:56 AM

I tend to read most posts that happen in general chat.

Not mentioning there were some other threads about the same matter in the past, just dead by time.

But again, we are getting "some form" of answer after complaining a lot. Yes, probably spammer will follow npcs. But at least we wont need to navigate through of shops and spammers to get to the npcs.

Thanks?

#53 kujis3

kujis3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationIn your house, flipping your tables
  • Server:(ノ◕‿◕)ノ ︵ ┻━━┻

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:52 AM

Nevermind, it doesn't seem to be in Prontera only. I wanted start a new character and stay away from big towns, but I'm getting spammed continuously in the novice grounds as well :sob: Right clicking the person's name has only the option to register them as a friend, but not to block or report them?

Thanks for the tip about the nospam thing. But I don't really want to install anything. I'd rather wait until it's solved.

#54 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:56 AM

Nevermind, it doesn't seem to be in Prontera only. I wanted start a new character and stay away from big towns, but I'm getting spammed continuously in the novice grounds as well :sob: Right clicking the person's name has only the option to register them as a friend, but not to block or report them?

Thanks for the tip about the nospam thing. But I don't really want to install anything. I'd rather wait until it's solved.

You'll be waiting forever then.

The nospam2 config comes with the client btw, it's not a separate thing. The one you can get on the forums is just configured to filter out more of the spam.

#55 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:57 AM

The nospam isn't an installation. It just replaces an existing file in your ragnarok folder to filter out some sentences that contains the blocked words. 

#56 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:47 AM

As kindly mentioned in the previous posts, nospam2 already comes by default with the client. Unless this was recently changed, the default file comes unconfigured. The main reason behind this is to push for unique block phrases, and that makes it harder for the spam business to guess and break through. Users are free to share their working configs among themselves but it is advised to be through private channels.

You may block the whisper from a given user, however this is not an effective solution. Supposedly it resets each time the user relogs.

To block the boxes from popping up disable the option through Friend's Setup:

2lIrqjE.jpg

On topic:

Having VIP buff NPC in major towns is ideal in my opinion, this is considering there is no connecting hub (Eden HQ) in Odin as mentioned previously in this thread. Unless there are plans to introduce it here, we wouldn't know.

#57 kujis3

kujis3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationIn your house, flipping your tables
  • Server:(ノ◕‿◕)ノ ︵ ┻━━┻

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:20 AM

Great, thanks! I'll have to take an another look at it.

#58 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 11:51 PM

From Good morning thread:

• Eden Group Map becomes active with Silvervine NPCs moved to the map. Teleporters will be available in most towns. (1/8/2018 5:45PM Edit)

It is happening :)

#59 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:22 AM

To be fair, the topic is asking for the buffs to be placed on most other maps. Most of us don't have save points in Prontera, but at other main city.

That being said, if the Bots are still able to access the Eden Map, tbh, it's not going to be much of a difference.

The aim was for us to have to travel less to get the VIP buffs, but I guess if we want to get any positive out of this is that at least SOMETHING is being done. 

#60 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:49 AM

You should be able to access Eden from major towns through Eden NPC. The map will serve as a hub for number of activities, such as VIP buffs, silvervine seller and perhaps LFG grouping.

Moreover, the staff should have better control on the map setting, so this is a bonus.

Unless extra measures are being taken this time, bots already access Eden on Renewal servers but are dealt with in a timely manner, or should be.

For public/PM spam you will have to use the nospam2 feature, no excuses ;). As for the Rodex spam, that is on kRO for this time round.

Saying all of that,

In my opinion, unless the registration page or way of login processes change, we will have to use what is available to counter/block the spam.

#61 rhexis

rhexis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:00 AM

Sorry Cinnamon but I don't think you're understanding the point.

The topic is asking for buffs in the other towns so we don't have to go through the trouble of going to another place, getting the buffs, and then going to where we want to go. I'm not saying that placing the VIP buffers and Silvervine cats in Eden Group Map is bad, I'm just saying that that is not exactly what was being asked, and it still means we have to travel to different places to get what we want. What so difficult about placing them in all the available towns?

And please don't bring up nospam2 and saying we should be using it with no excuse. Dealing with these spam bots is WP's job, not our job. Why are we constantly punished and having to update the nospam2 to block out spams because the bots have found out what is being blocked? Once again, you're just chopping the branches, not solving the root of the problem, which is the bots itself.

Not everyone reads the forum. Not everyone knows these configurations. You have absolutely no idea how many times a new player joins the game and goes through Payon saying, "Can someone tell me how to block these spam?" And there I am trying to invite them into my discord to share with them my nospam2. Why am I doing WP's job? 

Edited by rhexis, 09 January 2018 - 01:02 AM.

#62 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:22 AM

rhexis, I do in fact understand but there is little I can say in that regards.

If things have to change it must be from the beginning of account creation. AFAIK, the spam is generated through use of macros and not bots

On topic, placing buffer NPCs in major towns should be possible, but Eden is ideal and is very successful on Renewal server. A warper/storage NPC can be placed in Eden to lessen the travel times if needed. How does that sound? 

#63 Stephcake

Stephcake

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1041 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:45 AM

On the topic of bots and account creation... I remember Camp saying months ago that they were working on changing account creation to make it harder. Whatever happened to that?

Does coding for that old as hell, optimised for IE website really take that long or has the idea been abandoned?

On topic: I don't mind going to Eden for buffs, that'll only take a few seconds. But keep in mind we kinda wanted buffers away from Prontera because that's the main source of the spam. Now all the spammers will move to Eden and we will still have the same problem.

Edited by Stephcake, 09 January 2018 - 01:47 AM.

#64 evotec

evotec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 09 January 2018 - 01:49 AM

Cant just kafra in general give the vip buffs? Eden group room would be fine if you could have a person manually check in there every x hour to clean stuff up.

#65 3915140302085345760

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Chaos,odin

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:33 AM

You should be able to access Eden from major towns through Eden NPC. The map will serve as a hub for number of activities, such as VIP buffs, silvervine seller and perhaps LFG grouping.

Moreover, the staff should have better control on the map setting, so this is a bonus.

Unless extra measures are being taken this time, bots already access Eden on Renewal servers but are dealt with in a timely manner, or should be.

For public/PM spam you will have to use the nospam2 feature, no excuses ;). As for the Rodex spam, that is on kRO for this time round.

Saying all of that,

In my opinion, unless the registration page or way of login processes change, we will have to use what is available to counter/block the spam.

The reason why we want to avoid prontera is the possible threat of the nospam2 getting bypassed by the spam. if we have multiple vip buffers around towns it will lessens that threat . so by putting the vip buffer in one place what difference will that make. Surely it will be more convenient for us to get access to it from every town but the spam will be still there. 

#66 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 January 2018 - 09:49 AM

On topic, placing buffer NPCs in major towns should be possible, but Eden is ideal and is very successful on Renewal server. A warper/storage NPC can be placed in Eden to lessen the travel times if needed. How does that sound?

Eden is far from ideal and successful. All it does is put important NPCs out of sight because many players don't bother with the Eden NPCs during the tutorial quests. This is just laziness to not put VIP NPCs in all towns. Does it really take that much time to do when the Eden NPCs are already in every town anyways?

#67 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:18 AM

On topic: I don't mind going to Eden for buffs, that'll only take a few seconds. But keep in mind we kinda wanted buffers away from Prontera because that's the main source of the spam. Now all the spammers will move to Eden and we will still have the same problem.

Double checking with the staff, the current plan with Eden will be as the following:

Eden will include VIP buffer NPC, silvervine services NPCs, and Code the Redeemer.

Adding NPCs in other town is possible, but due to logistical limitations it will not happen this time round.

This should come properly listed in the patch notes.

#68 Twistex

Twistex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:12 AM

Please check nospam2 to block the PM/public spam here, this will not block Rodex spam however.

On topic, allocating NPCs should be possible as far as I know. Will bring this to Campitor on Monday.

Great

Edited by Twistex, 10 January 2018 - 05:13 AM.

#69 Shaarp

Shaarp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSão José dos Campos - SP
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:03 PM

Double checking with the staff, the current plan with Eden will be as the following:

Eden will include VIP buffer NPC, silvervine services NPCs, and Code the Redeemer.

Adding NPCs in other town is possible, but due to logistical limitations it will not happen this time round.

This should come properly listed in the patch notes.

Thank you for your answers but as many have stated, nospam doesn't work so it's not a solution.

PM-spamming bots will just be placed to get targets in Eden and Eden will be the new Prontera so basically: absolutely nothing will change unless we are able to AVOID these central maps...

Let's wait till next maintenance to see if we're finally heard.

#70 Akame1

Akame1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:38 PM

Bravo Sharp  :no1:  :heh:

#71 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:15 PM

To be realistic the spammers will follow us wherever we go, either bc there is still ppl out there buying them crap or because they strongly(?) stupidstrongly(?) believe that bypassing our blocked messages and flooding our chats would make us change our minds about this and buy their stuff lol.

Btw.. there is a person that is offering certain website not only zeny but gear +10 and sending PM or putting chats, not with macro but he is actually talking. Any way to track where the zeny and gear is?
I doubt u pay zeny him and he will send anything tho... would be an easy scam since nobody would dare to say they got scammed this way xD

#72 Cyncienta

Cyncienta

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:18 PM

It's so annoying that they even follow us to the spots we use for just sitting and hang out with guildies. I think Eden would be fine, since the little ba.. bugs follow us anywhere. This would make GM muting work easier so I think is the best option due to limited work they can do banning the source of the problem.

#73 Shaarp

Shaarp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationSão José dos Campos - SP
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 19 January 2018 - 02:30 PM

Celebrating 1 month without an answer. YAYYY!

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users