mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:No Server

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:18 AM

While I was in CTHO, I noticed that everyone there is mob training the map to hell and back.

Tell me when mob training was made legal? Right, it has not been legal for over 10 years.

These mob trainers need to learn some respect. The map is not all yours for the taking.

Just because another party shows up does not mean that you ask them to join your party so that your party can continue to mob train the whole map without anyone getting in your way.

Anyone asking for party or asking to merge party will be ignored.

If you mob train me. I am killing the mob.

Learn some respect for other players and stop being so damn greedy.

#2 Vienna

Vienna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationiROWiki.org Admin
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:10 PM

• Do not intentionally mob train other users

I'm pretty sure from that wording they mean that as "Mob training" onto another player with intent to harm them, not mobbing to level. It may be the rules have softened with the way renewal leveling works.

• Do not intentionally kill steal

You killing their mobs might actually be a worse offense than the players mobbing. Be careful they don't get mad and report you.

#3 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:36 PM

^ How long have you played this game?

Obviously, you don't know what mob training is.

Dragging monsters from the opposite end of the map and dragging them to the party location is mob training.

Passing my party with over 20 high orcs is mob training, holding spawn and the possibility to mob and kill some person trying to level there.

You call it kill stealing when they are the people intentionally mob train 20 high orcs across the whole map.

<boops>

Edited by VModMango, 21 December 2017 - 03:18 PM.
let's not attack others.

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 December 2017 - 12:48 PM

The mob belongs to whoever it attacks. If you drop it on someone, it's theirs and you're a douche. (sucks to be a GT sin)

There used to be a rule many years ago about "mob training" as in, making huge mobs and holding up the spawn. That isn't enforced anymore afaik, but dropping them on people is a sure fire way to eat a ban. 

#5 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:12 PM

"That isn't enforced anymore afaik".

That does seem to be the trend around here.

I would hope we do get some clarification if this is allowed or not.

If mob training is allowed, I have a few maps that I would like to mob train, hold spawn and make other peoples life on the same map a living hell.

#6 reikum

reikum

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:27 PM

lol way back then when the server was still paytoplay, of course the rule was enforced.

#7 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

So, what do you mean is ok to do Ks and have a tank in a party is not allowed? i dont see any point to have some tanks in the party if i cant mob more than...20 you say?

If you are saying someone is stealing your mob or trying to kill you with a big mob is another story.

#8 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:45 PM

i remember getting suspended in abyss lake 3 for mob training. talking about 1 of the smallest dungeoun map that has lots of mob

#9 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2017 - 01:53 PM

So, what do you mean is ok to do Ks and have a tank in a party is not allowed? i dont see any point to have some tanks in the party if i cant mob more than...20 you say?

If you are saying someone is stealing your mob or trying to kill you with a big mob is another story.

No, it is not OK to KS.

Although, I will intentionally place myself in a position where there is no choice but to kill the mob or mob train me.

Edited by mattxor, 21 December 2017 - 01:59 PM.

#10 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:38 PM

Youre asking for trouble then lol. Just step aside and let the guy by. The map is pretty empty its not like it was at start of server with 3-4 parties with multiple pullers.

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:53 PM

No, it is not OK to KS.

Although, I will intentionally place myself in a position where there is no choice but to kill the mob or mob train me.

I bet you follow assassins around until they hide too

#12 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

The mob belongs to whoever it attacks. If you drop it on someone, it's theirs and you're a douche. (sucks to be a GT sin)

There used to be a rule many years ago about "mob training" as in, making huge mobs and holding up the spawn. That isn't enforced anymore afaik, but dropping them on people is a sure fire way to eat a ban. 

Actually, I asked this question only a few years ago, and I believe it was Camp that said it was still enforced. I'll see if I can't find the post/topic, but keep in mind that this was maybe 3-5 years ago, maybe?

#13 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

I bet you follow assassins around until they hide too

Can assassins mob train the whole map? In most cases no. If they showed the same lack of respect as these knights, I would gladly stand in their way.

I am here to stop the mob training in CTHO. Nothing more nothing less. If I catch you doing it, you will be reported.

#14 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:07 PM

Mate youre over-reacting. That's normal leveling. If a dude can wrangle a whole map props to him. A sin can get some mad perfect dodge and pull quite well dont underestimate.

There are real issues that need attention, not this piddly diddly.

#15 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:18 PM

I suppose it is situational.

The general rule back then that dragging mobs across a given map to hold the spawn is considered a disruptive behavior.

However, this form of "leveling" has become common and well accepted to the community however with condition. The condition is that the involved parties are not holding the spawn and killing the mobs in a timely manner. In fact, if all are well behaved this can speed up the leveling by a noticeable amount.

Being said, if the user/party is mob training others in means to kill/grieve them or hold the spawn for no apparent reason then this is blatant ill-mannered behavior which may lead to account suspension.

As for the portion "If you mob train me. I am killing the mob.", if the mob agro switched to you by all means, go ahead and kill it. Technically, there is nothing wrong with that and you should not be punished, though it is common courtesy giving the mob back.

I hope this clarifies some things for you.

#16 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 December 2017 - 09:31 PM

I think everyone is confusing the problem that I have with mob training monsters across a map and holding the spawn.

In my opinion, holding the spawn happens while they are dragging them. This leaves less spawn around the map for other players.

They would have to wait till the pullers bring their mobs back to the party. This is holding spawn.

I hope you are happy with giving everyone the green light to mob train.

I can tell you I am not happy about it but whatever. It will not stop me from sending in reports for something I clearly find against and should be against the rules. Kinda like it has been all these years.

Edited by mattxor, 21 December 2017 - 09:32 PM.

#17 Stuckyy

Stuckyy

I am New.

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:36 AM

No, it is not OK to KS.

Seems like you are just a sure loser. Trying to grief some low lvl partys at ct ho's.

Grow some balls and lvl at some proper places instead.

Edited by Stuckyy, 22 December 2017 - 12:37 AM.

#18 mattxor

mattxor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 635 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 December 2017 - 12:55 AM

I am not trying to grief anyone. I am just trying make it clear how unfair it is to mob train the whole map.

If you call placing my party in a position that prevents mob training through a certain area griefing, I am sorry to hear that.

Guess people will have to pull monsters through our precast. That is more exp for us!

#19 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:29 AM

what a retarded thread

#20 yoyoninetail

yoyoninetail

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:35 AM

what a retarded thread

#21 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:35 AM

Why are you always mad at something or someone? Is that your secret?

Spoiler

#22 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 22 December 2017 - 02:43 AM

An answer had been given. If you have more concerns about this issue please pm me or any other mod! Topic being locked due to it taking a hostile turn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users