Renewal Mechanics, and Rapid Smiting - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Renewal Mechanics, and Rapid Smiting

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nugeki

Nugeki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 06:27 AM

Hello I'm Debo (Aka Nugeki) 

I play on the IRO Restart Server which is the original IRO content, but with Renewal Mechanics in place.

We are currently on 2nd Classes only, and the upcoming March Update we will be receiving Transcendent Classes (Paladin, Lord Knight, Bio Chem etc.)

The Strongest most reliable skill on this server for a Crusader is Holy Cross, It does double Damage with a 2 Handed spear equipped, is affected by racial cards, and scales well with a High attack weapon & Increase attack items.

GC is also a A solid skill as long as you have a High attack Weapon, and 80+ Int (We use this to level on Anubis until level 99)

But with the Release of the Paladin class, a third option Opens up:  Rapid Smiting 

Rapid Smiting On Classic Mechanics were quite simple:

Str , Racial Cards,  Provoke level 10, Shield Refinement, and Shield Rate all did a wonderful job of making the skill a solid option in leveling, and easy to understand.

Rapid Smiting On Renewal Mechanics we are not so sure off:

Did the  damage formula change?

Do racial Cards still effect the skill at all?

Does weapon Damage effect the skill greatly?  I.E.:  (Is a quad racial weapon better, then a High Attack double racial weapon)

The only thing I know is, that  The weight of the Shield, and the Refinement level of it still play a big role in determining damage, but I have no clue if  Attack factors more into the damage, (as alot of renewal skill do), or if it still favors 4 Socket card setups more.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, because the Renewal Community knows there stuff..... We are helplessly lost on the IRO Odin Server, because Renewal Mechanics were never in the game when Trans Classes first came out.......If Rapid Smiting Turns out to be terrible in Renewal Mechanics, we will stick to using Holy Cross, Grand Cross, and Martyr Reckoning.

Thanks so much for the future reply. Once Our server catches up to where you guys are at we will have plenty of information to look to, but as of right now were heading down a path that has never been explored in the IRO community.

#2 RaohSung

RaohSung

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 January 2018 - 11:46 AM

Renewal Rapid Smitting:

- It is a Physical Attack, forced neutral Attack. Even if it do have 5 Cells Range, it is not affected by Ranged Modifiers.
  You can Endow this skill, but you wont be able to hit Ghost 3/4 Monsters with it.

- Like every Physical Skill: ATK, STR, DEX, LUK

- Cross Shield is still the best Shield for it. Except you get your Hands on this godly Hervor Shield :P
   You could try to double Enchant a Giant Shield but this is a f*ckin Nightmare to do so. Then you would have a Strong Overall
   Shield for all your Shield Skills.

- Weight and Refine adds into the Damage.

- Ice Pick / Thanatos effect do not work with Rapid Smitting

- Yes, go for the highest ATK weapon and add Race% / Size% Cards into it.

Have fun, good luck

________

Edit: Ah yes, you are in RE: Start so no Giant Shield / Hervor etc. I guess so nevermind this ;)

Edited by RaohSung, 21 January 2018 - 11:47 AM.

#3 awesomegeek

awesomegeek

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1629 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:07 PM

you might wanna watch this:

[Removed]

VModCinnamon:

Hello,

Please do not post illegal servers videos on these forums, thank you.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 28 January 2018 - 02:19 PM.
Mod Edit: Removed Video.

#4 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

pserver video, better remove it

#5 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:12 AM

that guy Video Heavily Depended on Mines Gloomy - SHyness a 3rd class skill and crimson spear - 3rd class skill

Also PS server mechanic aren't applicable here

Also Matyr is terrible on Renewal, Unless u Have Tao Card, since it no longer take racial benefit anymore but still can be reduced,

u probably more like 2 take advanatges of defending aura to repel acid boomer and Battle chat as pally, not much 2 do with it

Edited by heickelrrx, 24 January 2018 - 02:15 AM.

#6 JrJoseph

JrJoseph

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:05 AM

Actually, the vid is pretty do-able his not using gloom in any part, shield chain with good equips is doing what the vid shows but you will need an ab/bard walking near you to kill off the delay and help with cast time if your not instant cast.

Only parts not do-able are some cards like the N-OGH which hasn't been introduced yet and the headgear which can easily be changed for something with either stat adding or atk boosting like the EMH.

#7 MrLekkz

MrLekkz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:21 AM

Keep in mind the video is from a pserver known for having its own ATK formula (not the same iRO uses) and some skills there have huge discrepancy.

Edited by MrLekkz, 28 January 2018 - 11:25 AM.

#8 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 02:20 PM

The video link has been removed.

#9 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 28 January 2018 - 10:11 PM

Renewal Rapid Smitting:

- It is a Physical Attack, forced neutral Attack. Even if it do have 5 Cells Range, it is not affected by Ranged Modifiers.
  You can Endow this skill, but you wont be able to hit Ghost 3/4 Monsters with it.

- Like every Physical Skill: ATK, STR, DEX, LUK

- Cross Shield is still the best Shield for it. Except you get your Hands on this godly Hervor Shield :P
   You could try to double Enchant a Giant Shield but this is a f*ckin Nightmare to do so. Then you would have a Strong Overall
   Shield for all your Shield Skills.

- Weight and Refine adds into the Damage.

- Ice Pick / Thanatos effect do not work with Rapid Smitting

- Yes, go for the highest ATK weapon and add Race% / Size% Cards into it.

Have fun, good luck

________

Edit: Ah yes, you are in RE: Start so no Giant Shield / Hervor etc. I guess so nevermind this ;)

From the top of my experiences, no % cards do not increase the damage :3

Only Stats and shield determine the damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users