Zeny squish to maintain healthy economy and fighting zeny sellers - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Zeny squish to maintain healthy economy and fighting zeny sellers

21 replies to this topic

#1 Kromoson

Kromoson

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

Greetings

Beginning this year i've played a game other than ragnarok 2 that've done currency squish, cutting 50% of all gold across all systems, characters, storage and such. This brought out great results in my analysis and i believe doing it on a yearly basis benefits the economy greatly. 

What this means is every piece of zeny that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved.

As gold squish being held, why don't improve/increase zeny gain from quest reward. the pain that i've been wondering for new player....the true new player...to play this game for the first time in their live and...walah the zeny they gain from quest are nothing......nothing. 

before doing zeny squish held an event that let you spend your zeny with an item throu Special NPC, but don't sell a random one like a HHB. give the exact item....let's say permanent mount with boost on it.....DNA.......or else 

#2 ahimdong01forum

ahimdong01forum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:41 PM

the game state has low player nowadays, mostly waiting for the big update.

so if they gonna cut the currency by half it is possible they will also cut the player count by half. it is very risky to do that.

as you can see in the channel list, all green and low even the basic channel, channel 1.

just a personal opinion tho.

#3 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:03 PM

I think it could work, I support the idea. The few richest and zeny hoarders of the game will probably not like it, though.

#4 Ihrin

Ihrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

yes i agree too to that, even old player would do all quest, jsut to gain abit zeny. i mean, quest rewards now are only rupees... if we could gain at least 500-1000 zeny for quest, it would be neought to use kafra long flight hahahah

#5 Kromoson

Kromoson

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:39 AM

the game state has low player nowadays, mostly waiting for the big update.

so if they gonna cut the currency by half it is possible they will also cut the player count by half. it is very risky to do that.

as you can see in the channel list, all green and low even the basic channel, channel 1.

just a personal opinion tho.

for the main issue, why i bring this up are :

1. less people likely to try play ragnarok 2 online.
  2. and for those who've tried, less likely to keep playing.

i've tried to ask my friend to play ragnarok 2 online, and the first problem they have to face are "the needs of zeny". they're my friends, i can help them by giving some zeny and later on teach them how to get it. and then im wondering "what about some new guy try to play ragnarok 2 online for the first time in their life feel?", from my point of view getting zeny by selling something from auction house are totally bad or wrong. just......is that the only way? the only way? by do trading from auction house? zeny gain from quest are nothing right? selling trash item to npc? is there anyone who can gain 1.000.000 zeny just from quest and selling trash item to NPC?

how to preserve old player to keep playing?

how to prevent old player to quit playing?

how to invite other people to play and keep playing?

before squishing zeny by half (50%), make some event to spent their zeny - improve zeny gain from quest reward - ect. 

I think it could work, I support the idea. The few richest and zeny hoarders of the game will probably not like it, though.

yeah, it might become a hassle tho. but all citizen of midgard getting the same treatment, market prize on AH might reduce by half

yes i agree too to that, even old player would do all quest, jsut to gain abit zeny. i mean, quest rewards now are only rupees... if we could gain at least 500-1000 zeny for quest, it would be neought to use kafra long flight hahahah

lol...i miss that time

#6 Ihrin

Ihrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:58 PM

uhmm you gaved me an idea, the game managers could do an kind of high-end users shop, which sells items with an "high" cost in zeny, like, dunno, X item costs 1.000zeny, Y item costs 100.000zeny, and Z item costs 1.000.000z, this way the game itself would gain "back" the cash he gives out throught quests.

and on the other side, make some daillies, and rise up the zeny reward form lvl 30 to ml40. im not saying that FPDQ and JDQ gives money out. but money could come from other daillies no one does!

think this would be a great way to solve the problem without having at the end and excess of zeny for all, since we have a shop, which selles stuff which is expensive! this shop could contain some 1s costume boxes, or maybe even cheny souls, but for an really high amount of zeny, so this way people will continue farming diamonds, or just buying it with zeny, and to be honest, get swag, wouldnt be mission impossible these days... the shop could ocntain also; warp scrolls, 1 day mount, rune remover, cardfinium*, card designet synthesis, etc (the items which are sold form the guy which takes himmelmez tokens for example, cause these days no one cares about SC AS and HC, and in my case i just do HC dailly, since i do it alone, and its the fastest and best quest to gain hmmelmez token...)

well, hope idun and company can start soemthing with this information, if they would share this information thoughtout facebook in form of an vote question, these would have much more replys. 

think we will see how much are we useres worth for them. :) now moment of truth comes out idun, its exciting, dont you think too? +_+

#7 Kromoson

Kromoson

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:24 AM

uhmm you gaved me an idea, the game managers could do an kind of high-end users shop, which sells items with an "high" cost in zeny, like, dunno, X item costs 1.000zeny, Y item costs 100.000zeny, and Z item costs 1.000.000z, this way the game itself would gain "back" the cash he gives out throught quests.

and on the other side, make some daillies, and rise up the zeny reward form lvl 30 to ml40. im not saying that FPDQ and JDQ gives money out. but money could come from other daillies no one does!

think this would be a great way to solve the problem without having at the end and excess of zeny for all, since we have a shop, which selles stuff which is expensive! this shop could contain some 1s costume boxes, or maybe even cheny souls, but for an really high amount of zeny, so this way people will continue farming diamonds, or just buying it with zeny, and to be honest, get swag, wouldnt be mission impossible these days... the shop could ocntain also; warp scrolls, 1 day mount, rune remover, cardfinium*, card designet synthesis, etc (the items which are sold form the guy which takes himmelmez tokens for example, cause these days no one cares about SC AS and HC, and in my case i just do HC dailly, since i do it alone, and its the fastest and best quest to gain hmmelmez token...)

well, hope idun and company can start soemthing with this information, if they would share this information thoughtout facebook in form of an vote question, these would have much more replys. 

think we will see how much are we useres worth for them. :) now moment of truth comes out idun, its exciting, dont you think too? +_+

that's part of my sugestion before doing zeny squish

in my opinion, doing only that without and squishing currency still give an opportinity to keep their zeny to do RMT.

by simply squish it by half will help i think

Edited by Kromoson, 10 January 2018 - 04:25 AM.

#8 Lexarte

Lexarte

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 January 2018 - 05:43 AM

Its a very very bad idea. I think that there are a zeny bug. Why so, look at auction. Price for a one dna is 1k zeny. Is it normal? Don`t think so. Ask for a bug fix. not zeny squish.

#9 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:04 AM

320256612382015498.png

#10 Lexarte

Lexarte

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:37 PM

Ok. Auction has a tax for 5%. No one gets this money or i wrong? From each deal it tooks out tonns of zeny and prices should be decrease, but it is only raising.

Do you know a ways, how to get more than 5k zeny in hour not using Auction? i don`t.

Zeny bug?

#11 coffeelover

coffeelover

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 07:24 AM

That's an idea, especially the rewards from quests. I'm just not sure if that will solve the problem, as it won't prevent stuffs to be sold for the former prices. That could leads to a run for sales at short term to hold "assets"(and those with more zenny will get benefit from it) and an inflation of prices again on long term. But still, an idea to work on.

About new players it's also valuable to show them that basically everything they need can be acquired in-game (except by cardifinium, currently). But again, totally agree that better reward from leveling and quests may provide financial support for beginners when they get into master level and beyond.

#12 Kromoson

Kromoson

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:12 AM

Its a very very bad idea. I think that there are a zeny bug. Why so, look at auction. Price for a one dna is 1k zeny. Is it normal? Don`t think so. Ask for a bug fix. not zeny squish.

that's the more reason to held a zeny squish, because the price in auction. zeny bug? really? that's just a allegations/presumption of yours, any evidence/proof? no? then how to start fix something that you yourself do not know/sure where the error is? that's such an egoistic statement, you think they're (ragnarok 2 warpportal team/GM) FIX IT FELIX? or BOB THE BUILDER?

Ok. Auction has a tax for 5%. No one gets this money or i wrong? From each deal it tooks out tonns of zeny and prices should be decrease, but it is only raising.

Do you know a ways, how to get more than 5k zeny in hour not using Auction? i don`t.

Zeny bug?

you lack of evidence to proof there's a way to bug zeny. 5k zeny in 1 hour is still possible dude

That's an idea, especially the rewards from quests. I'm just not sure if that will solve the problem, as it won't prevent stuffs to be sold for the former prices. That could leads to a run for sales at short term to hold "assets"(and those with more zenny will get benefit from it) and an inflation of prices again on long term. But still, an idea to work on.

About new players it's also valuable to show them that basically everything they need can be acquired in-game (except by cardifinium, currently). But again, totally agree that better reward from leveling and quests may provide financial support for beginners when they get into master level and beyond.

right...i hope ragnarok 2 staff will considering this idea tho

then how to fix something that you yourself do not know where the error is?

#13 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 09 September 2018 - 01:16 AM

Browsing some old posts looking for something and ran into this.  The only problem with a currency squish is that if people know it's coming, they can invest before hand and liquidate afterwards, maintaining their wealth essentially.

Honestly, this late in the game and with the zeny cap at 10m per character, the damage done earlier has more or less balanced itself out.

#14 SplatPhastkyl

SplatPhastkyl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:03 PM

The problem with a Zenny squish is that it squishes everyone.

Sure, the people with 10,000,000 will be reduced to 5,000,000 if you do a 50% squish, for example. But, people with 1,000,000 will have 500,000 and those with 10,000 will only have 5,000, and those with 1,000 will only have 500, and so on.

The problem is is that the ratio of finances will remain the same. If I have an item I would normally sell for 1,000,000 and I reduce it to sell for 500,000 to compensate for the lack of people with 1,000,000, the same ratio of people able to afford that amount will remain the same. While the quests do provide funds, for instance, those provided funds would be equally reduced thus limiting the ability of others to increase their finances in order to purchase high priced items.

Further, those with less money will remain in such a state as anything that they can sell will have to be equally reduced in value else no one will or can afford to buy it.

Another side effect could be the diminish of valued items for sale. After all, if my cap is reduced and I'm at maximum and I make my money by, lets say, making and selling +20 gear, I would only make and sell more when I would need to replenish my funds.

The alternative is to squishing zenny is to expand the ability of players to gain funds.

The way to do that would be to provide more quests that have better pay rates, which they have implemented. Another way to incrase player funds is for dropped items have a greater merchant value. Unfortunately, the Devs have done the opposite on item sale value.

For example, the Accessories dropped in Wonderland Cave used to sell for a good chunk of Zeny. Then the Dev's said.... woa, players are making money by grinding for them and selling it to the merchants. So the Devs  then cut their value by 90%.

In addition to low sale value of dropped items, most of the dropped and many harvestable items in ML areas are mats that no longer have any function. This is due to the streamlining of crafting options in armor and weapons that took place a couple of years ago.

By following this path, the Devs have skewed the economy towards a limited field of player-offerings/player-purchases. You can not even earn back your secondary material costs by selling your crafted gear back to the merchants. The only way to make money is either craft wanted gears or farm wanted materials. By generating this path, the market becomes totally based upon the laws of Supply and Demand and is completely in the hands of the Players. By this, I mean, that if the players are willing to pay the high prices other players are offering, then the prices will stay high. Even if you squish everyone's money down, high prices will continue to remain at a value that is considered High.

I have noticed over this year, 2018, that AH prices have skyrocketed. I attributed this to two things.

The first is that it feels that a small group of people are dominating the Farmed Item market. Through group effort they are not only able to produce high quantities of materials, etc., for sale, but by pooling their resources they are able to control the market by purchasing up any lower priced items that may compete with their own.

A good example of this are the Shabby Ancient Documents used to generate Guild Skill Books.

It used to be that you could buy a stack of SADs for 10k to 50k due to sale competition among a wide variety of players/characters. Now, A full stack goes for hundreds of thousands and are for sale by a single person. The results of this control over the market means that there are less unused Guild Skill Books for sale. This means that the prices are now much higher than they were just half a year ago.

We can see this in plenty of other Items: DNA, Cards, Bags, Costumes, etc.

The reason for the economy has been able to shift this way I attribute to the second problem, a drop in the number of active players. The player population drop I feel is because of two factors.

The first Factor is age.

When I started, many players in my primary guild were in High School or the equivalent. Now that they've graduated and are in University or looking for work, they no longer have time to participate. While there are some players from my guild still trying to generate new player interest even while their participation is low, it is not enough to generate enough diversity in groups and number to break the hold currently over the AH items.

Another factor to the drop in player numbers was the loss of the EU players.

Their influence on the environment of the game went beyond simple numbers, with the diversity of time zones, culture, and age brackets providing enough diversity and challenge to keep values constantly fluxing. Even this years Sharing events are a poor shadow in comparison to last years.

The reason I take this time to present this information and opinion is that it will take far more than just squishing down the zenny to fix RO2s economy. The what appears to be a smaller player base will continue to keep the zenny concentrated in a few players who can continue to control and manipulate the values of things. And, as long as the AH remains the primary source of high quantities of Zenny AND remains dominated by Supply and Demand values no amount of Zenny squishing will fix it.

#15 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:42 PM

The problem with a Zenny squish is that it squishes everyone.

Sure, the people with 10,000,000 will be reduced to 5,000,000 if you do a 50% squish, for example. But, people with 1,000,000 will have 500,000 and those with 10,000 will only have 5,000, and those with 1,000 will only have 500, and so on.

The problem is is that the ratio of finances will remain the same. If I have an item I would normally sell for 1,000,000 and I reduce it to sell for 500,000 to compensate for the lack of people with 1,000,000, the same ratio of people able to afford that amount will remain the same. While the quests do provide funds, for instance, those provided funds would be equally reduced thus limiting the ability of others to increase their finances in order to purchase high priced items.

Further, those with less money will remain in such a state as anything that they can sell will have to be equally reduced in value else no one will or can afford to buy it.

Another side effect could be the diminish of valued items for sale. After all, if my cap is reduced and I'm at maximum and I make my money by, lets say, making and selling +20 gear, I would only make and sell more when I would need to replenish my funds.

The alternative is to squishing zenny is to expand the ability of players to gain funds.

The way to do that would be to provide more quests that have better pay rates, which they have implemented. Another way to incrase player funds is for dropped items have a greater merchant value. Unfortunately, the Devs have done the opposite on item sale value.

For example, the Accessories dropped in Wonderland Cave used to sell for a good chunk of Zeny. Then the Dev's said.... woa, players are making money by grinding for them and selling it to the merchants. So the Devs  then cut their value by 90%.

In addition to low sale value of dropped items, most of the dropped and many harvestable items in ML areas are mats that no longer have any function. This is due to the streamlining of crafting options in armor and weapons that took place a couple of years ago.

By following this path, the Devs have skewed the economy towards a limited field of player-offerings/player-purchases. You can not even earn back your secondary material costs by selling your crafted gear back to the merchants. The only way to make money is either craft wanted gears or farm wanted materials. By generating this path, the market becomes totally based upon the laws of Supply and Demand and is completely in the hands of the Players. By this, I mean, that if the players are willing to pay the high prices other players are offering, then the prices will stay high. Even if you squish everyone's money down, high prices will continue to remain at a value that is considered High.

I have noticed over this year, 2018, that AH prices have skyrocketed. I attributed this to two things.

The first is that it feels that a small group of people are dominating the Farmed Item market. Through group effort they are not only able to produce high quantities of materials, etc., for sale, but by pooling their resources they are able to control the market by purchasing up any lower priced items that may compete with their own.

A good example of this are the Shabby Ancient Documents used to generate Guild Skill Books.

It used to be that you could buy a stack of SADs for 10k to 50k due to sale competition among a wide variety of players/characters. Now, A full stack goes for hundreds of thousands and are for sale by a single person. The results of this control over the market means that there are less unused Guild Skill Books for sale. This means that the prices are now much higher than they were just half a year ago.

We can see this in plenty of other Items: DNA, Cards, Bags, Costumes, etc.

The reason for the economy has been able to shift this way I attribute to the second problem, a drop in the number of active players. The player population drop I feel is because of two factors.

The first Factor is age.

When I started, many players in my primary guild were in High School or the equivalent. Now that they've graduated and are in University or looking for work, they no longer have time to participate. While there are some players from my guild still trying to generate new player interest even while their participation is low, it is not enough to generate enough diversity in groups and number to break the hold currently over the AH items.

Another factor to the drop in player numbers was the loss of the EU players.

Their influence on the environment of the game went beyond simple numbers, with the diversity of time zones, culture, and age brackets providing enough diversity and challenge to keep values constantly fluxing. Even this years Sharing events are a poor shadow in comparison to last years.

The reason I take this time to present this information and opinion is that it will take far more than just squishing down the zenny to fix RO2s economy. The what appears to be a smaller player base will continue to keep the zenny concentrated in a few players who can continue to control and manipulate the values of things. And, as long as the AH remains the primary source of high quantities of Zenny AND remains dominated by Supply and Demand values no amount of Zenny squishing will fix it.

I don't really see anyone manipulating the prices though.  It's extremely easy to make zeny in the game now.  Especially with events like doubloons happening right now.

#16 SplatPhastkyl

SplatPhastkyl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 September 2018 - 05:42 PM

I don't really see anyone manipulating the prices though.  It's extremely easy to make zeny in the game now.  Especially with events like doubloons happening right now.

The main point of Kromoson's suggestion relates to high prices. By having such an abundance of Zenny in circulation Kromoson maintains that it promotes higher prices because those who have greater amount of zenny will continue to pay the higher asking price.

This kind of economics leads to an ever increasing spiral of price inflation. (I have noticed and watched this inflation occur over the last year as I happen to regularly observe the AH and its prices)

Example, Bob sells his Blop Card for 1 milliion. Dan, Sam, and Edgar can afford it. The card is sold, Bob is 1 Million z richer. Bob gets another Blop. He knows the last one sold well for 1 million so he ups the price on this one to 3 million. In the mean time, Steve gets a Blop card. He saw knows that one sold for 1 million and another is selling for 3 million. He wants his to sell, so he sets his at 2 million. Dan, Sam, and Edgar can still afford theses prices and the both of the cards sell. Bob gets another Blop. This time, he asks 5 million. Steve gets another blop and asks 4.5 million. Fred, who recently got a Blop decides to sell his at 4 million. Eventually, those three cards sell and the prices continue to rise up until they plateau.

In the mean time, others are selling cards and comparing the value and power of the Blop to the cards they wish to sell. Based on the other cards quality and rarity in comparison to the Blop card, they start to set their prices in accordance to the selling value of the Blop card. This pricing effect continues to cascade down through the card ranks, resulting in an increase of the price of most cards. The end result is that cards sell for 5 to 10 times the prices they sold for last year.

This is the economical spiral inflation effect that Kromoson seeks to reduce via their suggested Zenny/Gold squish. By reducing all on-hand Zenny and by Reducing all reward Zenny, Kromoson believes that prices will return to a much more reasonable level by way of no one being able to afford to purchase the items at those higher prices.

Part of my post and example is in response to that, showing that while a Zenny squish my visually reduce prices, the overall ratio of money and costs will remain the same.

Now, lets look at another effect.

Items in Demand and domination of the Item Market

For this, we'll use actual examples.

If you do an AH search Shabby Ancient Documents   you'll find there are currently (as of today, 9/29/2018 @ 7pm server time) 14 listings of SADs. 13 of those 14 are full stacks. Of the 13 full stacks for sale, there are 3 listed sellers. Despite this, each of the sellers have their stacks listed at the same price 800,000 (approx 3137z per book).  The single partial listing is a stack of 38 with a BO of 195,555 (approx 5146z a book).

This falls into the later part of my post, a lack of economic competition which also results in a domination or stagnation of the market. We have no clue if these are actually three different players or a single player with three different characters selling the 13 stacks of SADs. But what it does show is that someone has the resources to dominate the market, be it one person or three.

The question, though, is how do they achieve this?

One method is through economic domination of a product by driving out the competition. In this example, others may attempt to sell their product cheaper than the dominate seller, but the dominant seller continues to buy up the cheaper product and then resell it at their own, higher, fixed price. Those who are 'competitors' follow the same method, resulting in a limit of the number of sellers. In addition, they most likely are using the 'If A is asking X amount for this and they're selling at that price, then I'll ask for X amount, too.'

This is the most likely method used in the AH.

The second method is that all major competitors in the sale of the same product agree to sell their product at the same price. This is how the AH currently appears via the 3 sellers with the same price. This can also include the practices from the above example in order to crush out any worthwhile competition.

In either case, the end result is a monopoly on the product that stifle true competition. It is this competition that stimulates the reduction of prices as individual sellers continue to offer their wares at lower prices in order to gain the purchasing attention of the consumer.

The effect of high, set, stagnant prices is that all other related and effected items also increase in sales price. The simplest relation is the cost of Skill Books.

After buying a stack of books for 800k and finding the one or ones needed, the buyer is left with a surplus of books. They, in turn, sell those books but set a high price as they wish to make back some of their 800K, They search the AH to see what current prices are and then match those prices or close to them. In turn, others follow suit and you find a market results in earlier example of spiraling inflation.  In addition, there are probably those who seek to dominate the Skill Book market by collecting up specific skill level books and then selling them off at greatly inflated prices for profit as well as control of the market. Again, this results, most times, in price matching by other sellers who wish to gain the same economical reward that their competitors are trying to achieve.

The over all result is a market with every high prices. While there are many who benefit from these high prices and have gained the economic strength to participate in that market, that is, they have enough money to buy the goods and services at the high Zenny costs, not everyone can. This especially includes new players who come into the game, see people with powerful, rare, useful, nifty, or any other kind of items but find that getting them are out of their reach unless they shift their focus in the game from participating in the story line and adventuring To grinding and farming and playing the AH market.

And it is this condition that Kromoson (and maybe others) is referring to and to which I was responding with how the conditions had reached this point and what alternatives the game has to deal with the high inflation other than a Zenny squish.

#17 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 29 September 2018 - 06:14 PM

The main point of Kromoson's suggestion relates to high prices. By having such an abundance of Zenny in circulation Kromoson maintains that it promotes higher prices because those who have greater amount of zenny will continue to pay the higher asking price.

This kind of economics leads to an ever increasing spiral of price inflation. (I have noticed and watched this inflation occur over the last year as I happen to regularly observe the AH and its prices)

Example, Bob sells his Blop Card for 1 milliion. Dan, Sam, and Edgar can afford it. The card is sold, Bob is 1 Million z richer. Bob gets another Blop. He knows the last one sold well for 1 million so he ups the price on this one to 3 million. In the mean time, Steve gets a Blop card. He saw knows that one sold for 1 million and another is selling for 3 million. He wants his to sell, so he sets his at 2 million. Dan, Sam, and Edgar can still afford theses prices and the both of the cards sell. Bob gets another Blop. This time, he asks 5 million. Steve gets another blop and asks 4.5 million. Fred, who recently got a Blop decides to sell his at 4 million. Eventually, those three cards sell and the prices continue to rise up until they plateau.

In the mean time, others are selling cards and comparing the value and power of the Blop to the cards they wish to sell. Based on the other cards quality and rarity in comparison to the Blop card, they start to set their prices in accordance to the selling value of the Blop card. This pricing effect continues to cascade down through the card ranks, resulting in an increase of the price of most cards. The end result is that cards sell for 5 to 10 times the prices they sold for last year.

This is the economical spiral inflation effect that Kromoson seeks to reduce via their suggested Zenny/Gold squish. By reducing all on-hand Zenny and by Reducing all reward Zenny, Kromoson believes that prices will return to a much more reasonable level by way of no one being able to afford to purchase the items at those higher prices.

Part of my post and example is in response to that, showing that while a Zenny squish my visually reduce prices, the overall ratio of money and costs will remain the same.

Now, lets look at another effect.

Items in Demand and domination of the Item Market

For this, we'll use actual examples.

If you do an AH search Shabby Ancient Documents   you'll find there are currently (as of today, 9/29/2018 @ 7pm server time) 14 listings of SADs. 13 of those 14 are full stacks. Of the 13 full stacks for sale, there are 3 listed sellers. Despite this, each of the sellers have their stacks listed at the same price 800,000 (approx 3137z per book).  The single partial listing is a stack of 38 with a BO of 195,555 (approx 5146z a book).

This falls into the later part of my post, a lack of economic competition which also results in a domination or stagnation of the market. We have no clue if these are actually three different players or a single player with three different characters selling the 13 stacks of SADs. But what it does show is that someone has the resources to dominate the market, be it one person or three.

The question, though, is how do they achieve this?

One method is through economic domination of a product by driving out the competition. In this example, others may attempt to sell their product cheaper than the dominate seller, but the dominant seller continues to buy up the cheaper product and then resell it at their own, higher, fixed price. Those who are 'competitors' follow the same method, resulting in a limit of the number of sellers. In addition, they most likely are using the 'If A is asking X amount for this and they're selling at that price, then I'll ask for X amount, too.'

This is the most likely method used in the AH.

The second method is that all major competitors in the sale of the same product agree to sell their product at the same price. This is how the AH currently appears via the 3 sellers with the same price. This can also include the practices from the above example in order to crush out any worthwhile competition.

In either case, the end result is a monopoly on the product that stifle true competition. It is this competition that stimulates the reduction of prices as individual sellers continue to offer their wares at lower prices in order to gain the purchasing attention of the consumer.

The effect of high, set, stagnant prices is that all other related and effected items also increase in sales price. The simplest relation is the cost of Skill Books.

After buying a stack of books for 800k and finding the one or ones needed, the buyer is left with a surplus of books. They, in turn, sell those books but set a high price as they wish to make back some of their 800K, They search the AH to see what current prices are and then match those prices or close to them. In turn, others follow suit and you find a market results in earlier example of spiraling inflation.  In addition, there are probably those who seek to dominate the Skill Book market by collecting up specific skill level books and then selling them off at greatly inflated prices for profit as well as control of the market. Again, this results, most times, in price matching by other sellers who wish to gain the same economical reward that their competitors are trying to achieve.

The over all result is a market with every high prices. While there are many who benefit from these high prices and have gained the economic strength to participate in that market, that is, they have enough money to buy the goods and services at the high Zenny costs, not everyone can. This especially includes new players who come into the game, see people with powerful, rare, useful, nifty, or any other kind of items but find that getting them are out of their reach unless they shift their focus in the game from participating in the story line and adventuring To grinding and farming and playing the AH market.

And it is this condition that Kromoson (and maybe others) is referring to and to which I was responding with how the conditions had reached this point and what alternatives the game has to deal with the high inflation other than a Zenny squish.

The market doesn't really have room to inflate anymore with the zeny cap at 10m maximum per sale and that each character can hold.  Very few items are valued past the 10m zeny cap with +10 serenia cards being one of those and a purple 3s Clockwork Toy costume.  As someone who's played the game at launch and taken several years off, coming back I'm perfectly happy with the situation now.  Honestly, it's better off than it's ever been.

#18 1289130616205828963

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:45 PM

Yes, I agree that I would frankly gamble to grow our game by removing zeny and making the lower level quest rewards meaningful to all players ( new and old).

Drastic actions such as zeny deflation are reasonable to encourage a growing player base.

The mentioned possibility of notice and coupled untradable zeny sink exchange event are also reasonable accommodations for veterans with excessive zeny stores.

An addendum to the suggested high zeny event (with untradable exchanges) and zeny squish is a Warp Portal commitment to monitor a future sudden zeny inflation after the actions for potential exploits and bugs.

#19 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:56 PM

Yes, I agree that I would frankly gamble to grow our game by removing zeny and making the lower level quest rewards meaningful to all players ( new and old).

Drastic actions such as zeny deflation are reasonable to encourage a growing player base.

The mentioned possibility of notice and coupled untradable zeny sink exchange event are also reasonable accommodations for veterans with excessive zeny stores.

An addendum to the suggested high zeny event (with untradable exchanges) and zeny squish is a Warp Portal commitment to monitor a future sudden zeny inflation after the actions for potential exploits and bugs.

Is there any indication there is a growing player base?  I haven't seen signs of it yet.  There are fewer players now than there were when I quit playing 2 years ago.  How would removing zeny make the game population grow?  It only hurts those players in the game and does nothing to help potential new players at all.  Not to mention, inflation will start all over again as soon as something like this happens.  Right now the market is steady and holding because it has nowhere to go.

#20 1289130616205828963

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 02:58 PM

Watch the inactives with zenies go online

#21 crypt15

crypt15

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 09:34 PM

Greetings

Beginning this year i've played a game other than ragnarok 2 that've done currency squish, cutting 50% of all gold across all systems, characters, storage and such. This brought out great results in my analysis and i believe doing it on a yearly basis benefits the economy greatly. 

What this means is every piece of zeny that exists in circulation, be it in the character's inventory, mailbox, guild bank, website trading system or otherwise, will be simply halved.

As gold squish being held, why don't improve/increase zeny gain from quest reward. the pain that i've been wondering for new player....the true new player...to play this game for the first time in their live and...walah the zeny they gain from quest are nothing......nothing. 

before doing zeny squish held an event that let you spend your zeny with an item throu Special NPC, but don't sell a random one like a HHB. give the exact item....let's say permanent mount with boost on it.....DNA.......or else 

_____

cut in half? really? how bout the people gained their zennies by selling KP's i guess they will be bother much..

#22 SayuriKross

SayuriKross

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/KIMIKIMGAME
  • LocationChile

Posted 06 October 2018 - 07:07 PM

Greetings

There are many people who have started from scratch (I include myself) and with the passage of time, since I play, I won zeny but with effort, learning to sell things, by a slow way but you just have to learn how to generate zeny.
I disagree with a zeny squish because it is relatively easy to win, in addition, always in Chat All there are players who are willing to help small players (not all), it is a fairly united community and I include myself because sometimes I give things to Small players who resien begin without even knowing them. It is a matter of communication.  :dunno:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users