New (Old) Player Need Help for Hunter - Archer Classes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New (Old) Player Need Help for Hunter

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MonDieu90

MonDieu90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:34 PM

Hi everyone, I'm joining again RO with a friend thanks to nostalgia.
Searching in this forum I've seen that Trap Hunter is the best choice for exp and for the budget equip, but I really don't have any kind of idea where to exp or what equip I need level by level, not even the skill tree to follow.
I know that probably I'm asking too much, but can someone made (or link) me a little guide about it?
I'll be probably in solo most of the time (sometimes I'll exp with my friend, he'll build an HC Crusader) and I'm searching a build good for PvP/PvE/MvP.

#2 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

This should help you out:

https://forums.warpp...s/#entry2763018

You can go straight to wolves with fire arrows and the novice bow, get it to +7 with the free Pharcon from the Training Grounds if you can (50z each upgrade) and don't bother to buy a better bow, it'll fully suffice to job lv 50 and Hunter job change will give you a free Hunter Bow anyway.

Pure DEX until it's 60 (allows 1 hitting Porcellios with DS + Fire Arrows + Any Bow + Improve Con), then get INT up to 66 and then continue with DEX up to your desired amount.

Spam your novice pots, get Double Strafe lv 10 first, then Improve Con then Vulture's Eye and then Owl's Eye.

You can go to Porcellios with level 30 - 35 already, just make sure you DS them and then 1 regular attack, should be enough to kill them and you will always get a level up before your SP runs out.

And DON'T FORGET TO SPAM DEM NOVICE POTIONS.

~30 to ~45 min and you'll be job 50.

Weapons:

Level 12 to Job Change -> (Personality Quiz Training Grounds!) Bow/Novice Bow (right click to see which one has higher ATK), if possible +7 just for the heck of it

Hunter to Lv 5 Blast Mine -> Free Hunter Bow from Job Change

Fire Arrows only as your only monsters will be Wolf and Porcellio.

With Blast Mine Lv 5 and even without DEX gear you can already 2 hit Anolians.

However if you are not comfortable with leveling at Anolians that quickly, Porcellios are good EXP up until job level 26, base level 73 as second class.

Once DS one hits them, take 100 Fly Wings with you and rest Fire Arrow Quivers and Fly Wing -> DS -> Fly Wing -> DS.

In fact I'd recommend going to Porcellio's "naked" aka Novice/Hunter Bow only, rest Fly Wings and Fire Arrow Quivers to stay there as long as possible without needing to go to Einbech for Kafra/Tool Shop.

You are not supposed to get hit when 2 - 1 shotting them, at lv 30 you might get hit once or twice but once you start 1 hitting it's no dmg at all, so maximize your Arrow and Fly Wing amount.

Just make sure to NOT KS, as Double Strafe is one of the most cancerous leveling skills as it makes many players just KS others :I

Edited by Morlord, 02 January 2018 - 01:26 PM.

#3 MonDieu90

MonDieu90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:20 PM

Really love you, thanks for the info!

It's ok something like that?

At lv 99 (with budget equip):
Str 3 (+4)

Int 91 (+4)

Agi 1 (+6)

Dex 91 (+46)

Vit 49 (+2)

Luk 1 (+4)

At what level I need to start to pump Vit?
Last question: in the calculator I can't do enought damage to Anolian, I've made something wrong?

Edit: This build is good in pvp? How can I use it?

Edited by MonDieu90, 02 January 2018 - 02:21 PM.

#4 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:39 PM

VIT and STR would be last to get, DEX first then INT or you can get around 30 VIT after you got around 60 INT and 90 DEX, up to what you prefer more.

PVP wise dunno, you will do a lot of damage if someone steps on your traps but without stun immunity (100 VIT) pvp/woe isn't that good.

Then again a trapper isn't supposed to get close to anyone in the first place but just lay down traps and spam DS/AS.

Most Calculators are bugged and don't use the actual Trap formula.

From IroWiki:

Damage = [DEX × (3 + Base_Lv ÷ 100) × (1 + INT ÷ 35)] × Skill_Lv ± 10% + (Trap_Research_Lv × 40)

You can ignore Trap Research as that is a 3rd class skill.

60 Dex and 66 Int is more than enough to 2 hit Anolians with Improve Concentration.

Edited by Morlord, 02 January 2018 - 03:09 PM.

#5 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:33 PM

Trap Hunter isn't the best for PvP, Your main use will be anklesnaring and using Arrow Shower from a range, but for the most part everything can one shot you and Dancers will be your worst nightmare.

#6 MonDieu90

MonDieu90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:47 PM

There's a good solo exp class strong even in PvP?
Or is better to made a Trapper Hunter for now, then a PvP Sniper after rebirth (I'll need time to reach the 99, rebirth will came out surely)?

Again, thanks for all the replys, I'll start my journey today/tomorrow with all this info  :thx:

#7 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:17 AM

PVP is pretty rare on this server so dont make a char just on that.
WOE is alive and guilds will help you gear/level when you join.

Trap hunter will level the easiest/cheapest/fastest.

DS hunter will take more sp potions/arrows but can get basically the same exp as a trap hunter, just more expensive to gear/grind, BUT will be able to solo any map and farm better items.

As a trap hunter you'll be getting 3-5 Ori(700k ea) an hour in Anolians, so expect 3mil~ zeny per hour until 99 lol. Anolians CT is lonely. You will need a key to get in (200k) and kafra cards to resupply traps/flywings. Or live on the comodo Anolians...

BM boxes are 20mil for 10 BM's, so you need 2mil an hour to break even if you BM constantly. 

Once you think about it this server is very pay2level. Don't expect to get rich unless you are a good MVPer.

#8 7205130506141429140

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:39 PM

I pumped my agi to 34 at lvl 55 to flee more and use less potions, should i now go for a DS/Falcon/crit hunter? or can i still go trap hunter? or do i need to remake the char? T_T

I also got some agi on my swordsman and merchant :o

#9 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->

Posted 02 March 2018 - 02:20 AM

I pumped my agi to 34 at lvl 55 to flee more and use less potions, should i now go for a DS/Falcon/crit hunter? or can i still go trap hunter? or do i need to remake the char? T_T

I also got some agi on my swordsman and merchant :o

You can always go Trap Hunter, you just need high dex and med/high int.

In fact, just for leveling you could theoretically ditch VIT completely and put the remaining points into AGI.

Keep in mind that you don't level by attacking a monster 1 by 1 with normal attacks (you only do that until base level 30 and then only spam DS), that way you will never reach level 99.

You either lay trap bread crumbs behind you while 9999 monsters are following you or you spam Arrow Shower (in Juperos)

The AGI isn't all that bad either, as it'll help a little with the flee when you level at Juperos.

Just make sure you get the leveling trap skills:

Blast Mine (Anolians)
Claymore (Anubis)

Also get Arrow Shower Lv 10 for Juperos.

Finals Stats:

90 DEX, 91 INT, rest 50 into whatever. (i.e. AGI)

INT will be 91+4 at level 99, with the Miracle Elixir Buff (+10 to all stats for 100k zeny), that'll be 105 INT, which is your goal for max Trap damage.

This would be ideal for max Trap and DS/AS damage.

However you can also do with a little less INT if need be. (just make sure it can be divided by 35)

Remaking your Archer/Hunter also will only take 45 minutes to get to job 50 as 1st class and another hour to get to base level 73.

Just do this:

Lv 12 Training Grounds -> Do all the NPC Quests (Thief, Mage, Swordsman, Merchant)

Upgrade Novice Bow to +7 (don't waste zeny on a Gakkung)

Get 1000 - 2000 Fire Arrows

Go 2 maps down from Payon and kill Wolves.

Spam your Novice Potions.

Lv 30 -> Einbroch 1 down, 1 right

Fight Porcellios until Job 50.

Jobchange and back to Porcellios until 73 or straight to Anolians when Blast Mine is lv 5.

(60 dex -> 60 int -> max dex -> max int -> rest)

However, remaking isn't that necessary if all you have is 33 AGI rest DEX at the moment.

Still, it'll only take 2 hours to get to base Level 73, just follow the guide in my previous post.

Also here is a video on how to level with traps:

Keep in mind you don't need any of the buffs on the video to 2 or 1 hit Anolians.
I only needed them because I sort of screwed up my stats.

NEVER go AGI DS/Falcon build, if you ever want to reach level 99.

The total exp you need to get 99 is ridiculous and you will only get stuck around lv 83 and then probably stop playing.

Also keep in mind that the Trapper buils is identical to the Arrow Storm build as 3rd class, which will be your only skill to reliably level once third classes are introduced.

Edited by Morlord, 02 March 2018 - 02:24 AM.

#10 CharlieLovesU

CharlieLovesU

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:07 PM

trap hunters are better end game because they can do more like MVP solo and what not.

but if you wanted to go Auto based hunter it is not bad either. I play an auto based hunter and it is very cheap and great for a new player. you spend almost no zeny, no potions and use barely any sp (only improve concentrate, and at first when leveling at porcellios with DS.) For me now I can go almost anywhere that isn't too mobby or has crazy ranged damage and farm for essentially free. It is a bit slower than other classes as you are a single target shredder, but you also will eventually make money.  The build for a hunter is also relatively cheap as you don't need crazy expensive gear to kill with it. 

Idk what the guy above me is saying about "never go agi/ds build if you want to hit 99".  :heh:  I got to 99 within two months on this server as an AGI build player and that was playing mostly solo without parties.  :no1:

Trappers are fun too though, so its all about what you like more or what seems like fun.  Also if you straight up want help or free gear/zeny to get you started hit me up in game. I'll be on "Charlie Luvs U" later today. Going to be out with friends for a few hours, but when I get back I can help you get started regardless of what class and/or type of hunter you want to play ^.^

Edited by CharlieLovesU, 02 March 2018 - 12:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users