• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 03 January 2018 - 11:36 AM

Just a request here but,

Can we bring up Pegasus so people who want to work on collecting data or work on class balances have something to do while we wait for the Crashes and Duping to be fixed? There's a lot of testing that goes into that stuff and it'd be nice to be capable of working on that while we wait for the game to be fixed. 

Plus, it's not going to hurt anyone to have it up, nor would it hurt to take suggestions on things like class balance and other adjustments like rune refinement rates or material acquisition rates be messed with. I really see no harm in having it up for the time being. Consider it? ... Thanks.

Edited by Feuer, 03 January 2018 - 11:37 AM.

#2 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

I vote no, let Genesis do what is needed for class balancing.

Most of the issues in class balancing was brought on by Pegasus and people not correctly testing thing(s).

Now we have a skewered meta for PvP and PvM that's favored to certain classes only, while we constantly ask for change(s) to be made and nothing is done.

Lets not repeat history!

#3 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:36 PM

No offense to Genesis, but I've never seen him provide even a shred of input on Class Balance, I'm not confident he knows what to do.

As for the current imbalances, those exist for 3 very specific reasons.

1: Bias and manipulative input by specific individuals who are no longer here. I won't name drop, but there were very very bias and obviously manipulated input made by certain Class Representatives in an effort to intentionally retain an imbalanced state. Any suggestion made to better a class was met with a demand that all classes receive equal treatment, in effect just empowering everyone and no closing the gap between the classes and specs. 

2: Extremely short Test Realm uptime. There simply was not enough time invested in the balance phases. This is immediately obvious when you take into account that several classes haven't been touched since the very first skill update. 

3: Lack of volume. There was not enough awareness of the test realm. Only 10-20 people actually spent time on the server, most logged in for the tester reward. Of the couple dozen who did spend time on it, most were there to ensure their characters remained dominant. Only a good 5 or so were actually there with the purpose of looking for the weak classes and trying to find innovative or intelligent ways to address it. 

We've touched on the topic before, and you've accused me of being responsible for class imbalances; which I want to briefly and concisely address.

I provided input on only a few classes.

Champions Primarily: That was what I was elected to do by the community. Largely people had few complaints about Sword and Spear. Swords complaints mostly circled around the second tier proc passives and it's duration / stack counter not meeting up with the first. This resulting in their 'burst' proc mechanic eventually desyncing and becoming ineffective. Spears only complaint was survival, and with the implementation of the dodge passives and tweaking into ratio's, it was resolved. HOWEVER, there was a very large amount of complaints surrounding Axe Champions, but because no one played Axes back then [merely a handful of people, most of which were known to play PvM or mixed content] All proposals were largely ignored. It was seen as a 'waste of time' that could have been spent on 'refining' Katar Raiders, Mages, Clerics etc. The Axe champ got some tweak after months of complaints, which put them into a better situation, but ultimately the cooldown increase across all classes impacted them so negatively, it reverted to a deficient state, and this time, was ignored entirely. Which is where the situation now sits to this day.

Dual Raiders: I had very little input on this aside from 1 main suggestion. Swap STR and DEX as the primary AP stat for Dual Wield weapons. Previously, STR provided more AP, than DEX did. However Raiders being a dodge heavy class, this was counter intuitive and since no other class uses dual wields, it only made sense to make DEX the primary stat. It was implemented for testing, and immediately resolved every issue Duals had. They are to this day very well balanced and a measuring stick for all other DPS classes imo.

Artisans: Because nothing has ever been done for the class since the skill update, I'm not responsible for this to any degree. All of the issues this class faces are because of the initial changes made by the DEV team, and their refusal to address them since. With the convenient and played out excuse that 'they'll be fixed once the crafting professions update is done' they always had an out-card to just ignore them. My input on this has been just as ignored as everyone else.

Outside of those, Nothing wrong with classes was even possibly my fault. Even in Champion regards, I was mostly relegated to Axes, as several Champion Representatives didn't care about anything aside from Swords, Phish excluded as he generally tried to flex but was also a Bourge Rep, and had his hands tied with that ontop of everything else. So even spear and Swords problems I wasn't listened to. 

HOWEVER

None of that invalidates the thread request.

None of it.

There is absolutely a class imbalance issue. 

Pegasus is there to test updates, be it changes made by suggestion, or changes made solely at the discretion of the DEV's influenced by feedback, or even just the DEV's ignoring everything and doing what they want. The point is, Pegaus SHOULD be used before EVERY major update to classes, which is absolutely needed [class updates].

That is unless you want Genesis to just made edits and changes to classes and throw it on the live server, dust off his hands and say 'that's it until another 3 years from now, hope it works'. I personally won't take that gamble if I have a choice, because that's EXACTLY how and why we have the weakest most potato classes right now. Class Update -> Solely the design decisions of the DEV's -> thrown on live after bugs addressed. 3 years later, we still have problems because of it. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users