Dancers will always be viable through Classical Pluck and Slow Grace.
They aren't a difficult class to play and they're easy to learn.
They are easy to equip, as their weapons don't require high upgrades and the rest of their equipment are rather standard.
They are very viable through all assets of the game without too much variation of build. Most dancers go for the same build minus some difference of skills.
Paired with a Bard, You are able to make use of some fairly good Ensemble songs.
Scream is currently very strong as not everyone is Stun Immune, especially Wizards. It's stronger when inside of a Bard's Poem of Bragi.
They can become boring, especially during leveling.
Leveling can be tricky if you don't have enough Dex or can't find a party.
You can't reach your full potential in WoE without a Bard accompanying you.
Gypsy's Kiss is good but Bragi will always be better
WoE/PvP Build: For WoE, You should focus on being stun immune and freeze immune. Interrupting a Dancer's song really hurts their usefulness, especially when they are preforming Classical Pluck. You want to have Stun Immunity so 84 Vit is important. You'll hit 100 Vit with VIP Buffs and equipment. Dex is nice for a strong Slow Grace and leveling, Agi is a personal preference. Int is nice for a stronger Gypsy's Kiss and a better SP pool.
- Poo Poo Hat reduces Demi-Human damage and is your standard hat. It's in WoE.
- Telling Doll Hat is a good but expensive replacement to the cheap Poo Poo hat. It has a slot and gives a really nice bonus to Condensed White Potions if you don't opt for WoE boxes. The only downside is it can't be upgraded and it's not compatible with WoE White Potions.
- Skull Cap with Elven Ears is a combo I personally use. It reduces the amount of SP you use with Dazzler spam and it looks cute.
- Ramen Hat is good for leveling as it gives you a nice boost to Dex.
- Robo Eyes is a very decent, non slotted middle headgear that adds 1 Dex. It's alright but you won't see a huge difference.
- Fish In Mouth is probably the best available lower headgear, as fish becomes a cheaper and viable healing option. It is great in PvM to keep you from using your White Potions. It's a situation of "Nothing Better is Available."
- Unfrozen(Marc Card) Armor is mandatory in WoE. if not, you will be frozen a lot and it will cancel your songs.
- Deadly(Evil Druid) Armor is the better option in WoE as you will be immune to a bunch of statuses, Including Stone Curse and Freeze.
- Dark Frame/Pest Armor is nice for leveling.
- Elemental Carded Armor is good for specific maps, use with discretion.
- Solid Triple Vital Rope(Golem Card + 3 Fabre Cards) is about as good as it gets for whips. You won't be using it for damage, so having it unbreakable and adding to your Vit is really nice. There isn't much reason to upgrade it either but you can if you want to. I personally got mine to +4 just cause.
- Cranial(Thara Card) Guard/Silver Guard is good in both WoE and PvM and is a pretty big damage reduction. A Silver Guard, while expensive, is the best possible shield. If that's too out of your price range, an upgraded Guard will do just fine.
- Race Defensive Guard such as Orc Warrior for Brutes are good for certain PvM maps.
- Immune(Raydric Card) Amistr Bag/Muffer is the best option for a Dancer. Amistr Bag is useful on a Dancer, with Increase Agi, Sight or Hiding being the better enchants available. Muffler doesn't compare, but if Amistr is too expensive for you it's the next best thing.
- Green(Matyr Card) Shoes are very nice for all Dancers. They give you a decent HP boost that scales nicely. They're a bit cheaper than Firelock Cards at the moment.
- Superior(Firelock Soldier Card) Shoes are the best shoe available for a higher HP and SP pool if the shoes are 9+, but are extremely expensive.
- Rosary /Glove /Clip are going to be your staple items. Alligator Card, Smokie Card, Zerom Card, There are a lot of decent choices and it really comes down to personal preference.
- Earring or Earring are nice for a small boost in Gypsy's Kiss.
4: Life as a Dancer)
Archer(10-50): As an Archer you will mainly be leveling using Double Strafe and Improve Concentration. Leveling to Job 50 is pretty simple. Job 50 is mandatory for all classes, Archer is no different. I recommend buying a cheap Gakkung Bow and Fire Arrows for leveling as they're pretty universal. The jury is still out on what's the best map for leveling to second job, I still think Porcellios, but they are pretty slow now.
New Dancer(50-70): As a New Dancer you will be pretty much leveling the same as Archer until 70. Not much changes except you'll be getting your skills and you'll have a larger SP pool. I recommend rushing Gypsy's Kiss and Dance Lessons to make your party capabilities better.
Mid-Tier Dancer(70-85+): As a Party Dancer, you'll mainly be spending your time at Juperos. It's very difficult to find a party at these levels, and I recommend starting one yourself. Dancers make good party leaders as they are able to Gypsy's Kiss at the entrance and give decent SP regen. Regular pulling parties are rare, you'll almost always be in a 1:1 Knight/Leech party or a Killer party. If you don't want to make a Knight, learn to lead Killer parties.
Seasoned Dancer(85+): At this point you should have decent stun resistance and be somewhat viable in WoE. You should learn to Dagger Swap instead of using Amp, I recommend just swapping between your Whip and Dagger to cancel dances as swapping to a bow feels clunky and unequips your shield along with your whip. You're leveling options are limited and beyond being leeched by a Knight or hosting a Killer Party in Juperos. Juperos is still a great spot, but if you find yourself in a Guild Dungeon, that would likely be better.
I hope this guide helped you in some way. I am by no means an expert, I've played a lot of Dancer for my entire time playing Ragnarok (8+ years) and this is what I've found to be the best advice for this server.
Edited by Renaru, 11 April 2018 - 03:27 AM.