#1 Zebuw

Zebuw

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 January 2018 - 06:55 PM

Hello guys!

I want to create a SuperNovice that will focus on crit and autocast.

The problem is that i have no clue in which equipments to use, and the skill tree will be based on the cards/weapons i'm using.

My build would be:

STR  31
AGI   90
INT   85
VIT   17
DEX 1
LUK  40

Also, for weapons, I remember using an

1309.png Orcish Axe [4]    [1H-Axe Atk:75  MAtk:0]

in another server, but i just saw

1622.png Hypnotist's Staff [2]  [1H-Staff Atk:70 MAtk:120]

What do you think is better, a lot of damage[around 60% of it will be MAtk dmg] extra or a few extra slots for more skills to be cast/more crit rate?

Thank you everyone!

#2 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:02 PM

Super Novice isn't on the server yet and all moderators refuse to even so much as acknowledge their existence, so I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

This is renewal mechanics, so the ATK/MATK of your weapon matters more than anything if you're dealing damage, Orcish has a low base ATK so it isn't a super good choice. 

I'd honestly wait until Super Novice actually gets released if it ever does before you start to collect equipment, as better stuff is bound to come out. 

#3 Angelslayer4231

Angelslayer4231

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 09 January 2018 - 02:53 AM

Super Novice isn't on the server yet and all moderators refuse to even so much as acknowledge their existence, so I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

This is renewal mechanics, so the ATK/MATK of your weapon matters more than anything if you're dealing damage, Orcish has a low base ATK so it isn't a super good choice. 

I'd honestly wait until Super Novice actually gets released if it ever does before you start to collect equipment, as better stuff is bound to come out.

Errr... According to this, Super Novice comes out with the next update.

• Super Novice Job Change Quest becomes available

#4 Renaru

Renaru

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationThe Dream World~
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:11 AM

Errr... According to this, Super Novice comes out with the next update.

WELL FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!

#5 njosefbeck

njosefbeck

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 January 2018 - 05:53 AM

Hey Zebu!

The weapon you choose to use will be mostly based on if you're going to be auto-attacking or using skills to level, imo. With so much INT and AGI it almost seems like you're going for an AGI-mage type, yeah? If that's the case, then I would use the Hypnotist's Staff over the Orcish Axe.

If, instead of magic casting, you'll be auto attacking... then you definitely would want to prioritize LUK over INT. I also wouldn't have any VIT in your build.

Just some thoughts!

#6 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla

Posted 09 January 2018 - 07:44 AM

Hello guys!

I want to create a SuperNovice that will focus on crit and autocast.
The problem is that i have no clue in which equipments to use, and the skill tree will be based on the cards/weapons i'm using.

My build would be:
STR 31
AGI 90
INT 85
VIT 17
DEX 1
LUK 40

Also, for weapons, I remember using an
1309.png Orcish Axe [4] [1H-Axe Atk:75 MAtk:0]
in another server, but i just saw
1622.png Hypnotist's Staff [2] [1H-Staff Atk:70 MAtk:120]

What do you think is better, a lot of damage[around 60% of it will be MAtk dmg] extra or a few extra slots for more skills to be cast/more crit rate?

Thank you everyone!

Without looking at what skills you are planning to get. I can't give you a full suggestion/opinion on your character.

But what I do know. If you plan to go crit based as a SN. Magic and int does you no favors what so ever, not enough stats to go around. Especially since there isn't any weapon a SN can use (currently) that makes you crit'ing or your crit damage worth while.

#7 Zebuw

Zebuw

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 January 2018 - 12:03 PM

...I also wouldn't have any VIT in your build.

No VIT for an SN? isn't it a difficult to survive with one? XD

And I see there was a lot of confusion about the build, sorry if I haven't explained myself correctly.

The idea is to hit fast, and land the hits, for that i chose crits rather than DEX.

And with this, there will be autocasts: https://irowiki.org/wiki/Autocast

So for example, being a super novice that can level most skills, a hypnotic staff or an orcish axe with Mutant Dragonoid card [casts lvl3 fireball, cast higher level if user learned it higher] i can cast it on lvl 10, and attack fast enough for it to cast a lot of times.

Something like this build https://forums.warpp...n/#entry1994221 but adapted for RE:Start and pre-renewal mechanics.

Some nice itens/cards to use on one SN, if it is equipable in one: https://irowiki.org/wiki/Autocast

#8 Kiniro

Kiniro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • Twitter:@KiniroTonada
  • LocationMemeGuild™ Valhalla

Posted 09 January 2018 - 03:30 PM

Honestly though you have a few things going against you with this build. If you go with an orcish ax, your MATK will be extremely low, but if you go with a hypnotist staff your aspd will be extremely low. Either way your not really utilizing your potential in either direction toping off going crit instead of Dex. You won't be landing hits often with just a 14% crit rate (for autocast proc) and still try to balance crit based gear to increase your chances with survival/auto cast gear.

You're way to spread out to make this work.

Edited by Kiniro, 09 January 2018 - 03:31 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users