SPEED HACK, IS AN ISSUE THAT HAVE TO BE FIXED - Requiem Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

SPEED HACK, IS AN ISSUE THAT HAVE TO BE FIXED

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 1959150309192446627

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationIn the Farplane
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:00 AM

i have multiple screen records of ppl Speedhaking, i dont fight with them i just finded them randomly, why in 2018 such thing still exist in this game?.

i want also to know where i have to send those videos. those ppls need to be punished, right now.

/CryOfWill

Edited by 1959150309192446627, 16 January 2018 - 04:01 AM.

#2 Xenovian

Xenovian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 04:31 AM

Screenshot doesnt proof that someone its speed hacking clearly, it only can be good for report Trash Talk and similar.
If you wanna report a player using this kind of illegal activities on game make a video instead and send to WarpPortal Support.
https://support.warp...in/Default.aspx

Video as Example
https://youtu.be/BknKhbNPml0

If you dont know Programs for Record videos some examples are Fraps and Bandicam but there are to many on Internet if you check.
I hope I helped you, Reegards CryOfWill.

Edited by Xenovian, 16 January 2018 - 04:32 AM.

#3 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:18 PM

Sad to see this issue on other game(s) that warp portal is hosting as well. :\ I hope you guys get it resolved soon and same with ROSE.

#4 reqbugkiller

reqbugkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 08:44 AM

Bad example.

This better.

Edited by reqbugkiller, 19 January 2018 - 08:47 AM.

#5 Xenovian

Xenovian

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:19 PM

Bad example.

This better.

To Late to give better example, the dude that made the topic probably understood everything and now its probably hunting some rux hackers. Take care Kontos & Ko, you could get catched like Pokemons.

#6 artcrime

artcrime

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 160 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2018 - 04:30 AM

Speed hacks have been in the game since Beta. The coding is too old to fix it, they are only able to apply small patches to make it a little harder for the hackers to break next time.

#7 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 09:44 PM

Speed hack will be an involved fix. It would require the server to calculate character position. Considering the resources that Gravity Interactive has at it's disposal. I don't think it will be something that they will truly ever fix. They might install a hack shield or something to try and prevent it, but these types of measures are typically bypassed if someone is savvy enough to develop a speed hack tool in the first place.

Back in 2002, having a server calculate character position would require too much resources for an MMO. Most companies had it calculated client side with some type of code to prevent abuse. Today a server calculating a characters position would be trivial and may reduce packet size from the client. The trouble is that the net coding behind it is complex. The Charge rubber banding, and people seeing through stealth would need to be fixed in a similar fashion.

Edited by Cleffy, 22 January 2018 - 10:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users