Newbie here and needs help with guides and build etc. - Warrior - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Newbie here and needs help with guides and build etc.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 restlessfreak

restlessfreak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 02:09 AM

So I've been playing for about a week now and getting the hang of this game. However I feel like I missed a couple of things in the game thought. Hope someone can help me, Okay to start of with:

1. I don't get the bonus stat points, my stats grows on its own even if I don't put stat points on them so how does it work?

2. And I talked to some people that warriors on this server should be INT? so stat build for warrior is really pure INT?

3. I missed the dungeons in culvert level 8 - 12 and dungeon in wolf cave 18 - 22. Cuz every time I press "N" and choose find dungeon nothing seem to happen so I just moved on to play the main quest. Anyone can help on this?

#2 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:26 AM

1. Bonus Stat points are functionally just the same as stat points you're acquiring from your gear. They don't affect the growth pattern or anything so there's nothing to really think about. You gain them upon level up and further down the line, once you get to Master Levels, you'll have the option to buy more. For example, if you have +10 AGI from a glove and have 10 points in AGI from Bonus stats, it's just 20 AGI total. It would be the same as if you had glove that gave +20 AGI.

2. Not necessarily. The reason for getting INT is for the passive skill "Battle Tactics". The skill gives a ridiculous amount of extra Critical Damage and the condition (investing in INT) is extremely easy to reach once you get higher levels. The benefit caps out at 1000 INT which is why some might tell you to invest in INT if you haven't reached that yet. However, do note that once you get to higher levels, your accessories, cards, titles, and honings will provide a fair chunk of INT. Until you reach that cap, it is true that mathematically getting INT is more damage than using STR, especially considering how little impact STR has in RO2's damage formula. If you don't want to worry about until later down the line, the other recommended stat is VIT.

3. Dungeons have nobody queueing for them so don't worry about missing them. You can skip them and come back to them when you're overleveled because they don't offer good gears anyways. They don't even offer the original feel of the achievement because a few years ago the formulas were altered and ruined the content, making everything drastically easier. 

#3 restlessfreak

restlessfreak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:56 AM

1. Okay thanks for tip, the warrior is actually my other character so it is safe to invest on int for that char right? Cuz at first i was thinking str and agi to invest on it. Guess str not useful and agi wont increase crit for warriors due to their skill which i need int right?

2. My assasin is now ML and I invested on split attribute str and agi. Im thinking if its right path to split it. Maybe you have suggestion what stat I need to invest for assasin?

Thanks.

#4 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:46 PM

No worries, the bonus stat build in this game has a very minimal impact. It makes up only like 3% of your final stats. If you end up wanting to repair it in the future, you can purchase stat resets from Dapara NPC (behind Gilgamesh, the Master level NPC) after you hit Master Level on your characters. It honestly won't affect your gameplay as your gears will make up for it all. You can even ignore it completely if you choose to.

The Battle Tactics skill affects Critical *Damage* not Critical Rate. It's a pretty important distinction. Agi can still increase Critical Rate. However all in all, you don't really need Agi as you'll be able to get a decent amount of it from your gears and party members. 

Same for your Assassin, it won't matter too much. There is no right or wrong because as long as you keep up with your gears in RO2, you'll be fine. If you truly need guidance, a simple answer is to start investing in VIT from now on to make it easier for you as a beginner (the less likely you are to die, the less you have to worry).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users