[Confirmed] Arrow Keys Interrupt Skill Cast Animations - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Confirmed] Arrow Keys Interrupt Skill Cast Animations

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

Hello, made another video of another exploited mechanic that's being heavily abused lately.

In my honest opinion, getting rid of arrow key movements alone will solve a lot of issue(s) \ exploit(s) that are being done inside of the game.

Such as getting to the safe zone quickly through a wall by print screen(ing) and using arrow key(s) while inside of JC to get away from enemies, or when people are inside of the SC Dungeon and need to get past a blocked \ barricaded wall, it's done by using arrow key(s) and print screen(ing). I've never seen those as much of an issue as using arrow key(s) in order to stack particular skills to certain classes.

If this exploit is not a fixable thing. Could we make an official statement from the support \ staff steam that it is not an okay thing to do, and that it's against the Terms of Service guidelines with consequences?

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:29 PM

I'm working on the edit tonight to send in for a ticket on the one I demonstrated. Not tooooo sure I'm gonna upload to a thread though... this ones pretty gnarly. 

#3 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 January 2018 - 01:55 PM

You can still bypass walls and barricades with regular clicks, not just arrow keys.

Edited by Phish, 20 January 2018 - 01:56 PM.

#4 Snuwfer

Snuwfer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:43 PM

Removal of arrow key movement would help still, and with many other exploit(s)

#5 VModCupcake

VModCupcake

Too Legit To Quit

• VMod Retired
  • 1259 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:50 PM

I have cleaned up this thread.

Please refrain from flaming in bug report topics.  Post only if you have something constructive to add

#6 Aldrine

Aldrine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 10:18 PM

Hey guys, i guess it might be too hard for the devs to fix? However, something they can look into as a short term solution is to copy the code of the group hp bar and apply it to the one over the character and the main bar on the top LHS corner . That would atleast let us see the dmg even if we dont see the animation. Surely there must be discrepancies to the code if one is real time and the other two looks like theyre lagging. I wonder if thats easier to do if they have something to copy and edit.

Edited by Aldrine, 14 February 2018 - 10:20 PM.

#7 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for the report, the arrow keys have been updated for next patch so that they no longer interrupt skill cast animations. I am also looking into the dance scrolls to see if they need the same treatment.

Update 05/12/2018: The arrow key fix is live now with the latest client update.

#8 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 07 May 2018 - 02:39 PM

Gonna do a shot in the dark and say there are more consumables that need same treatment if your going to apply this to dance scrolls.

Example; Buff potions, no cooldown there, and maybe boosters too, summons, skills like pharaostance, and maybe even emotes such as "kick" or "Laugh" but im not entirely sure on that.

Pritty much any consumable/skill item that does some sort of animation could theoretically be used for this.

Edited by Cortiz, 07 May 2018 - 02:52 PM.

#9 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 07 May 2018 - 04:50 PM

You probly shouldn't do it to purify pots. One of the unintended benefits of certain quick animation items breaking skill animations, is you can use them to get yourself unstuck from the skill stuck issue. Also, I specifically say the purify potion, as there is no PvP equivalent, and is only usable in Dungeons and Open World so it won't affect PvP Arenas. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users