January 25th Renewal Maintenance - Page 5 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

January 25th Renewal Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
158 replies to this topic

#101 rxexzxa

rxexzxa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:24 PM

well, mrs hammer is just bad idea

#102 cjaramis

cjaramis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

[quote name="LordYggdrasill" post="2776993" timestamp="1516890762"]

The nerf on Excelion Shield is intended, given how common Excelion Shield is from this OCP, theres no way an OP item being so easily obtainable from any OCP boxes. The rarity would've been similar to Enforcer Shoes or at least Imperial Gloves if Excelion Shield is meant to have ATK/MATK bonus. As a consequence, the Excelion will never have 30 ATK/MATK bonus, its time to move on if you havent.

Since you have been sharing your point of view in this item repeteadly since the box came, allow me to remind you that is only that. Your point of view.

Please refrain from misleading others to believe that because an item has common rate it will come nerfed or is justified to remain so.

There are multiple examples of items that are common and work with its full design calls and players have decided to position at a "cheap price" 20-40m, Ie Kardui Robe.

Last time I checked you where not implmenting and fixing OCPs calls in the game, so shall we leave players to claim their fixes, WP do their work, and go back playing the game.

Also, to staff. Good thing to see movement. Please keep the bug control coming.

#103 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:45 PM

Read my PM please, Camp :<

#104 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Both

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:47 PM

[quote name="LordYggdrasill" post="2776993" timestamp="1516890762"]

The nerf on Excelion Shield is intended, given how common Excelion Shield is from this OCP, theres no way an OP item being so easily obtainable from any OCP boxes. The rarity would've been similar to Enforcer Shoes or at least Imperial Gloves if Excelion Shield is meant to have ATK/MATK bonus. As a consequence, the Excelion will never have 30 ATK/MATK bonus, its time to move on if you havent.

Since you have been sharing your point of view in this item repeteadly since the box came, allow me to remind you that is only that. Your point of view.

Please refrain from misleading others to believe that because an item has common rate it will come nerfed or is justified to remain so.

There are multiple examples of items that are common and work with its full design calls and players have decided to position at a "cheap price" 20-40m, Ie Kardui Robe.

Last time I checked you where not implmenting and fixing OCPs calls in the game, so shall we leave players to claim their fixes, WP do their work, and go back playing the game.

Vo1ee.gif

#105 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

It's only his opinion, and he was not nice in the way he expressed it, but his point is very solid, though. Full Effect Excelion Shield would be A class or maybe even S class material, thus probably very rare to boost even more OCP sales. WP knows how to work around their client's psychology, and would never let such an opportunity slip. And don't expect all gears to have full effect, as many have been nerfed already.

#106 cjaramis

cjaramis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:02 PM

It's only his opinion, and he was not nice in the way he expressed it, but his point is very solid, though. Full Effect Excelion Shield would be A class or maybe even S class material, thus probably very rare to boost even more OCP sales. WP knows how to work around their client's psychology, and would never let such an opportunity slip. And don't expect all gears to have full effect, as many have been nerfed already.

I believe the Kardui Robe is a good comparison. A class material. Solid contribution to reduction builds. Still was common as popcorn and maybe was even in more than one box. You can check in Ragial for how much they go after 3-4 firesales.

Even when Campitor mentioned that shield was with the intended effect that was sent, the same can apply for every non working piece of gear we have gotten. Ill rather continue advocating for improvement instead of accepting mediocrity.

And I have not touched 1 box of OCP XIV and will mantain that for future boxes in 2018 untill I see solid delivery and sustained commitment of the staff to improve the way things have been working so far.

This manteinance seems to be a step in tje right direction. The issue is the balance between incoming stuff and the pile of things that are waiting for fixes.

As costumers we have that much power at least.

Edited by cjaramis, 25 January 2018 - 04:05 PM.

#107 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:03 PM

Server's open!

#108 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:06 PM

Do we really actually have fkin Shadow Refine!!!!?!?!?!?!? Why is it not active!! I broke a fkin gear!!!

#109 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:07 PM

I don't think the comparison is fair. Kardui's use is quite specific, and it's a trash item outside what it's made for. The only thing that boosts the perception of it being so good is that it's specialized use is against demi-humans. This is not the case for Excelion Shield, as it would simply overshadow MBS, and any other non specialized gears. BTW, I'd rather they send the TRUE Excelion gears by the way you get them in kRO, so, I'd rather they keep their hands away from this piece.

You didn't touch any OCP XIV box, ok. But did you buy any gear that came in it?

#110 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

Need a roll back please!!! I thought shadow refine was active! I broke my Basis Shadow Armor

#111 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

Need a roll back please!!! I thought shadow refine was active! I broke my Basis Shadow Armor

Need to use HD Elu instead of Enriched Elu, or perhaps you forgot that shadow gears were below +7.

#112 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9327 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:11 PM

Just broke 3 stability shields, refine not active... i want my shields and enriched ores back please... =\

Edit: the one in prontera refinery works but the 2nd floor eden one does not, please restore broken items and ores from it =\

Edited by KriticalAssassin, 25 January 2018 - 04:14 PM.

#113 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

In regards to the shadow refine, let me check that. 

#114 layupka

layupka

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 487 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:13 PM

now this is what happen to me way back 2016 shadow refine event. we need an informative post on OP on how it is done and procedure in every event they post in every maintenance thread., good thingy im not alone XD i broke again 1 unfro thingy.

Edited by layupka, 25 January 2018 - 04:14 PM.

#115 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:14 PM

Please refer to the topic explaining how the shadow upgrade event NPC works: https://forums.warpp...t/#entry2583129

Editing to correct info, I've been reading too many things about upgrade NPCs and mixed up my info, apologies! 

​0 to +4 with normal Elu/Ori

+4 to +6 with Enriched Elu/Ori (high chance of breaking it)

Once you refine it to +7, you could use HD Ori/Elu to avoid breaking it+7 to +10 with HD Elu/Ori (it does not break but instead it downgrade it , still you can continue as you do in the Enriched Hammer event but you have to choose the HD Elu/Ori option ) if by chance you choose other option, you cannot use this mode(enriched hammer) until it gets back to +7

Edited by VModMango, 25 January 2018 - 05:49 PM.
I'm a dummy

#116 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:14 PM

Gonna be honest, the people talking about breaking things should know by now if an event is active, the NPC TELLS YOU SO :U

#117 amandabambi

amandabambi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

The Shadow Blacksmith does not have its special event dialogue active, I doubt it is turned on.  :p_sick:

#118 cjaramis

cjaramis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:15 PM

I don't think the comparison is fair. Kardui's use is quite specific, and it's a trash item outside what it's made for. The only thing that boosts the perception of it being so good is that it's specialized use is against demi-humans. This is not the case for Excelion Shield, as it would simply overshadow MBS, and any other non specialized gears. BTW, I'd rather they send the TRUE Excelion gears by the way you get them in kRO, so, I'd rather they keep their hands away from this piece.

You didn't touch any OCP XIV box, ok. But did you buy any gear that came in it?

I see your point. Still feels to me we got a quarter of the real shield. Staff also left door open to get it "updated" which is a resemblance of how confident they are on what they implement.

I have not buyed with zenny OCP items either. Never do until there is ample evidence of what works and doesnt.

There are multiple ways to support the game. Paying for non working items its simply not my cup of tea. Got fed up during 2017.

#119 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

im still holding on to my shield because of this tho.

So to clarify on this. The effect implemented is it's intended effect. However it a may be that a future update for the item improved the effect later. We will try to find out under what circumstances the original effect as delivered by kRO changed.

Edited by BlackMeow, 25 January 2018 - 04:18 PM.

#120 1299150619045824270

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1272 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:19 PM

Gonna be honest, the people talking about breaking things should know by now if an event is active, the NPC TELLS YOU SO :U

Yes exactly, and right now it does not tell us that...but I did not notice in the first attempt since I was excited to refine shadow, its been a while with shadow event

#121 Kusanagisama

Kusanagisama

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4243 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

There are multiple ways to support the game. Paying for non working items its simply not my cup of tea. Got fed up during 2017.

I agree with you in this one.

#122 VModMango

VModMango

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 494 posts
  • LocationBoopsville

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

The shield has been looked into in the thread OCP's release announcement. Camp has stated it is working as intended for iRO servers.

So to clarify on this. The effect implemented is it's intended effect. However it a may be that a future update for the item improved the effect later. We will try to find out under what circumstances the original effect as delivered by kRO changed.

#123 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

Yes exactly, and right now it does not tell us that...but I did not notice in the first attempt since I was excited to refine shadow, its been a while with shadow event

It is active, I have just checked. This is for the one in Eden.

#124 Magus

Magus

Magnus Exorcismus

• RO1 Production
  • 670 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:26 PM

Alright, Shadow refine should be active now. I've checked the NPC's but if there is still one without the active event, please tell me.

#125 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 25 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

Thank you for being sacrifice goats. Let WP check if the shadow event is actually active or not  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users