26 replies to this topic

#1 Solarak

Solarak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 27 December 2010 - 04:50 AM

Ok, so back in the THQ days I tried to figure out the base critical hit rate and how much the critical hit rate is affected by agility. The approach I used before worked, but I decided to use a more accurate procedure this time so I could finally figure out the formula. And since a few people have been asking me what it is from my last post on the THQ forums, I thought I would do this again. So here it is:

If you aren't good at math, don't care about the math, or just don't want to read the following, there is a TL;DR at the bottom.

So the first thing I did was equip 200 agility worth of armor and to equip NO critical rate armor. I fired 1000 arrows at enemies and recorded how many critical hits I got. After doing this 5 times, I equipped 50 more agility, and did the same. So in all, I fired 5000 arrows each for 200, 250, 300, 350, 400 and 450 agility.

I then plotted the points on a graph. For example, one point would be (200, 32), where 200 is the amount of agi, and 32 is the number of critical hits out of 1000. I then found the linear regression for the points. In other words, I found a line that best fit all the points with the least amount of error. And this is what I found:

Posted Image

Using the equation they give, we get

Critical Rate = (1.1406 + 0.0146*AGI)*(Critical Rate Armor or Weap)

So in other words if you have 300 agility, your critical rate is 1.14 + 4.38 = 5.52%

TL;DR: A rough way to calculate your critical rate is to start with 1%, and add 1.5% for every 100 agility you get.

To avoid making this any longer, I'm going to just end here lol. Hope you guys find this useful :angry:

#2 Triter

Triter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:29 AM

Nice work...
You should do the same with STR, I saw one guy trying to get the relation with str and critical rate in IAH forum:
http://forum.iahgame...t=critical rate
If you do your tests with STR and compile all you got, and the informations of this guy in IAH to have a ultimate formula of all critical rates will be a GREAT job. =D

#3 Minimize

Minimize

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed
  • Server:1st one

Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

Thanks for sharing this, I was starting to wonder what my crit rate was.

#4 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:57 AM

awesome thread, all the info anyone could ever want on crit rate, other than the actual formula, which, with enough testing, becomes useless :angry:

#5 Maronu

Maronu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2358 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

Nice work. I wouldn't have the patience to do something like this. What is your class? Not sure, but it may affect the rate.

#6 SharpEye

SharpEye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:34 PM

Nice work. I wouldn't have the patience to do something like this. What is your class? Not sure, but it may affect the rate.

I fired 1000 arrows at enemies and recorded how many critical hits I got.

I would assume he was using his sentinel for data collection.

#7 Solarak

Solarak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:49 PM

Nice work...
You should do the same with STR, I saw one guy trying to get the relation with str and critical rate in IAH forum:
http://forum.iahgame...t=critical rate
If you do your tests with STR and compile all you got, and the informations of this guy in IAH to have a ultimate formula of all critical rates will be a GREAT job. =D

Wow, I'm really glad you posted this. I heard about the relationship between STR and Critical rates before but forgot to look it up. The most interesting part about his tests was that he did a considerable amount of hits (2000) for each trial, which makes the results more significant. I'm definitely going to test this out.

I'm a sentinel. And believe it or not, it didn't take too long. Once I got the rhythm, it took a only a few hours total across a few days. As for class affecting critical rate, there may be a link and I'll test it after I test STR.

Edited by Solarak, 27 December 2010 - 09:50 PM.

#8 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 09:53 PM

I'm a sentinel. And believe it or not, it didn't take too long. Once I got the rhythm, it took a only a few hours total across a few days. As for class affecting critical rate, there may be a link and I'll test it after I test STR.

now ill ask... where did you do this test with 1000 shots and only hitting 1 monster with each shot (pierce is passive), or did you factor in each extra hit on monsters too?

Edited by Severfang, 27 December 2010 - 09:53 PM.

#9 Solarak

Solarak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 12:58 AM

now ill ask... where did you do this test with 1000 shots and only hitting 1 monster with each shot (pierce is passive), or did you factor in each extra hit on monsters too?

I went into Frigid Canyon with a level 10 bow and shot enemies 2 at a time (since pierce was level 1). Then all I would do is count each time I got a critical hit until I reached 100 combos. Then I would stop, write down the number (ex. 6), and do it again 9 more times. After 10 trials of 100 combos, I would add up the 10 numbers and get one data point in the graph above.

I'm pretty sure each pierce shot is independent of the other, since often I would get 1 critical hit from the two shots fired, unlike if you were to use blitz and all the hits were critical. So to answer your question, I factored in the extra hits.

#10 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:32 AM

I went into Frigid Canyon with a level 10 bow and shot enemies 2 at a time (since pierce was level 1). Then all I would do is count each time I got a critical hit until I reached 100 combos. Then I would stop, write down the number (ex. 6), and do it again 9 more times. After 10 trials of 100 combos, I would add up the 10 numbers and get one data point in the graph above.

I'm pretty sure each pierce shot is independent of the other, since often I would get 1 critical hit from the two shots fired, unlike if you were to use blitz and all the hits were critical. So to answer your question, I factored in the extra hits.

awesome, good to hear how you did it

#11 Ti66er

Ti66er

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • LocationYour soul. 998 to go.

Posted 28 December 2010 - 07:00 AM

I accually used two halfs of sets [ +28% and +32% crit rate] for a long time, then now im using a full set for an evade bounus, im not seeing a 28% difference in crits ;P I dont think set crits stack as i used to.

#12 Solarak

Solarak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:10 PM

I accually used two halfs of sets [ +28% and +32% crit rate] for a long time, then now im using a full set for an evade bounus, im not seeing a 28% difference in crits ;P I dont think set crits stack as i used to.

Ya, that's because the crit rate armor is a little misleading.

Let's say you had 400 agility. Then Critical Rate = 1% + 1.5%*4 = 7%. When you had both the two halves on, it rose to 7(1.6)=11.2%. Then when switching to a full set with the 32% crit rate, it dropped to 7(1.32)=9.24%. So it dropped 2%. So you most likely wouldn't see much of a difference, since for every 100 hits, on average you would experience only 2 less critical hits.

What I find interesting is that on the IAH forums, they were having a hard time showing that the critical rate increased as STR rose for any class other than a warrior. This means that as STR increased, a warrior class received about 5% for every 200 STR. And this brings up several points:

-The Heirloom Bone set for Myrmidon gives 120% crit rate for a 7 piece set. So if a myrm stacked STR and had around 400, his crit rate would be around 11%, assuming they only get crit rate from STR. His crit rate with the set would then be around 24%!

-The Dragoon CP set gives a huge amount of critical damage if used as a 3/3. With the two sets, a dragoon could easily get +300% critical damage. So again, if the Dragoon stacked STR and had around 400, his critical rate would be 11% as before, but each critical hit would do 8x the normal damage (As given in an example on IAH, if crosscut does 20k damage, then a normal critical hit would be 40k. But we have 300% crit damage, so 300% of 40k is 160k, which is 20k*8) So if you think about it, lets take two dragoons with identical equips, but one has 200 more STR. The one with more STR then has a 5% higher critical rate, which means he gets a critical hit 5 more times out of 100. But each critical hit counts as 8 normal attacks, so in a sense, the dragoon with 200 more STR hits for 40 ADDITIONAL attacks. So instead of 100 hits, in essence its 140, which can be stated as the dragoon with 200 STR being 40% stronger than the dragoon without the 200 STR (note that i didnt take into account that STR increases attack, so it would be even higher.)

Just a couple of points to think about :angry: If you any of you are interested in reading more, here is the IAH page: http://forum.iahgame...ead.php?t=56055

Edited by Solarak, 28 December 2010 - 01:14 PM.

#13 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

Ya, that's because the crit rate armor is a little misleading.

Let's say you had 400 agility. Then Critical Rate = 1% + 1.5%*4 = 7%. When you had both the two halves on, it rose to 7(1.6)=11.2%. Then when switching to a full set with the 32% crit rate, it dropped to 7(1.32)=9.24%. So it dropped 2%. So you most likely wouldn't see much of a difference, since for every 100 hits, on average you would experience only 2 less critical hits.

What I find interesting is that on the IAH forums, they were having a hard time showing that the critical rate increased as STR rose for any class other than a warrior. This means that as STR increased, a warrior class received about 5% for every 200 STR. And this brings up several points:

-The Heirloom Bone set for Myrmidon gives 120% crit rate for a 7 piece set. So if a myrm stacked STR and had around 400, his crit rate would be around 11%, assuming they only get crit rate from STR. His crit rate with the set would then be around 24%!

-The Dragoon CP set gives a huge amount of critical damage if used as a 3/3. With the two sets, a dragoon could easily get +300% critical damage. So again, if the Dragoon stacked STR and had around 400, his critical rate would be 11% as before, but each critical hit would do 8x the normal damage (As given in an example on IAH, if crosscut does 20k damage, then a normal critical hit would be 40k. But we have 300% crit damage, so 300% of 40k is 160k, which is 20k*8) So if you think about it, lets take two dragoons with identical equips, but one has 200 more STR. The one with more STR then has a 5% higher critical rate, which means he gets a critical hit 5 more times out of 100. But each critical hit counts as 8 normal attacks, so in a sense, the dragoon with 200 more STR hits for 40 ADDITIONAL attacks. So instead of 100 hits, in essence its 140, which can be stated as the dragoon with 200 STR being 40% stronger than the dragoon without the 200 STR (note that i didnt take into account that STR increases attack, so it would be even higher.)

Just a couple of points to think about :angry: If you any of you are interested in reading more, here is the IAH page: http://forum.iahgame...ead.php?t=56055

>_> rastan has the cp sets for 57 64 a 30% cape 10% cash wings, so he's got some nice CD causing me to want to train something else, pvp is now incredibly dangerous D:

#14 Mvffin

Mvffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:20 PM

>_> rastan has the cp sets for 57 64 a 30% cape 10% cash wings, so he's got some nice CD causing me to want to train something else, pvp is now incredibly dangerous D:

I still need 20% on Cash Wep and 50% on Wep. = )

Also thought about stacking strength using 1pc Cash sets like Paris/Angel/Devil/Etc. 1pc set of those gives +20 STR. I wonder if it would help more than the HTL/AGI from the Water/Fire combo...

#15 Severfang

Severfang

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 02:02 AM

I still need 20% on Cash Wep and 50% on Wep. = )

Also thought about stacking strength using 1pc Cash sets like Paris/Angel/Devil/Etc. 1pc set of those gives +20 STR. I wonder if it would help more than the HTL/AGI from the Water/Fire combo...

pfft angel or devil shoulders np

#16 kAndyREW

kAndyREW

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:33 PM

bigpro! thanks for the info.

would anyone know the evade vs aimrate equation? I know you need roughly about 100 more aim to hit evade... but anyone got the exact numbers?

#17 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

bigpro! thanks for the info.

would anyone know the evade vs aimrate equation? I know you need roughly about 100 more aim to hit evade... but anyone got the exact numbers?

% hit rate = your aim - their evade...

#18 kAndyREW

kAndyREW

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:48 PM

% hit rate = your aim - their evade...

oh that makes sense.. since in order to get 100% hit rate, you'd need 100 more aim than evade. thankssss!

#19 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

bump.

#20 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

bump.

WHY.

#21 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

WHY.

People have been asking for it for awhile and I decided to bump it up again

#22 killer916

killer916

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Server:1

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:29 PM

nice one i was going for str and crt rate and i found that link ( http://forum.iahgame...t=critical+rate ) i was really thinking about reset my str but i think i mah try adding str all the way. and idk my critical rate >.< :Emo_18:

#23 Ethernal

Ethernal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • LocationMX :)
  • Server:the only one lol

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

so let's say you've 400 agi
that would be 6% + the 1% of the base? = 7%?
and if you add a crit rate bonus of 35% what would be 24.5% more?
so 31.5 now

and if you add 15% crit rate
what would you raise the 31.5% or the 7% or the 1%

OMG HEADACHE

#24 Astronix

Astronix

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:01 PM

I heard in iah that every 200 agi gives 1.5% crtical rate and every 200 strenght gives 2.5% and you start with 5% base critical rate

#25 kenken12

kenken12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:40 PM

ive been trying to for so long to get a high crit rate, with CD, and i dont think Str give Crit rate here in our server, plus heres the link where we've been discussing it

http://forums.warppo...__1#entry521144

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users