UnEthical business model - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

UnEthical business model

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
145 replies to this topic

#1 blackCROSSCY

blackCROSSCY

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationSG
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:41 PM

Dear WP,

This thread is a complain and a rant honestly about the latest OCP Remix, but at the same time, it is also meant to be a critic on how you might have entirely thrown away players' confidence in spending money with you in the future.

It goes like this:

Have you considered how unethical it is to put enforcers shoes inside at such a high rate? It has only been less than 2 weeks ago that enforcer shoes was the low rate drop for OCP14. This means that you basically said [^_^] you to everyone that spent money to get those shoes not too long ago, especially since:

• the box price is lower than what we paid for ocp14. (the biggest f u)
  • I'd say the main prize of this box is mob scarf, a rare drop in the box, which you HOPE (and people definitely will) players will splurge on the boxes for, in order to get the scarf.
  • (A repeat point, but should be emphasized again), enforcer shoes have very good rates in this compared to OCP14.

With this 3 points combined, enforcer shoes has now flood the market while mobscarf desperate players generous spam boxes, basically screwing with the minds of everyone who has invested either cash or zeny in this pair of shoes earlier. This will only signal players that if you are desperate, anything goes. Who would have the confidence to buy your next product knowing you will screw them up as soon as you feel desperate?

Granted, past OCP items should be re-released from time to time so players got a chance to buy whatever they missed before, but this is definitely not the time for enforcer shoes; and at this particular rate. Moreover, there are tons of great older options that could have replaced this shoes at a lower/medium rate. I haven't seen a greater [^_^] you from the content publisher to players as great as this for quite some time, so this move alone will cost you a huge amount of spending players, I almost guarantee it.

Once again, Well done!

Edited by VModCinnamon, 23 February 2018 - 03:49 AM.
Mod Edit: merged the wrong thread title, removed filter bypass.

#2 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:49 PM

I agree, will post something about asap i can

#3 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:49 PM

+1

We asked for FAW and they gave us the rarest drop from the previous OCP. Way to go WP. I'm pretty sure it will never go back up again since it's a class-specific item like cylinder and the market has been flooded with it. Oh well.

Edited by mikkotinamide, 22 February 2018 - 06:51 PM.

#4 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:01 PM

agreed. i opened 50+ ocp 14 for that enforcer shoes. and ended up buying it in zeny coz i cant get one. and goddamn they put it in a higher rate box 1 month after. @_@ 

#5 JackPurcell

JackPurcell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationHostel
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:06 PM

campitor scared...can't even thinking right now.. :heh: :heh:

#6 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:08 PM

+1

All the KP I spent on OCP 14 are effectively voided since I boxters most items for more shots at the shoe. Now they are worth jack.

#7 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

I agree, could've swapped it for Pororoca Shoes instead lol, it bugs me that its sold at 1b nowadays lol.

#8 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:10 PM

If they're gonna scam anyway, at least make it consistent. Put all the rare items in the next ocp remix at scammy rates every month. Even buying the stuff with zeny is already a gamble since you don't know when the prices will get rekted.

#9 Rikhay_Lucabis

Rikhay_Lucabis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:14 PM

We need refund from ocp that contains enforcer shoes, this is stupid.

If warpportal want to reduce mobs scarf price why the rate still low???

And why enforcer shoes instead of tengu set or faw or something else in older ocp??

This Just Scam Bussiness!!

#10 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:14 PM

I totally agree with this; I thought I had landed a great deal at 1.2b, just to see that they are selling for less than 200m now a few weeks later because the drop rate is ridiculous.

you guys need to hire "Common Sense" employees and that should be all they do.

Edited by MoyuZ777, 22 February 2018 - 07:16 PM.

#11 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:15 PM

Not mine but...

unknown.png

RAGNAR.PNG

DAAAMN so many enforcer shoes now on every player, on every market, lol the price will go down under 50m guaranteed.

#12 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:16 PM

Dear WP,

This thread is a complain and a rant honestly about the latest OCP Remix, but at the same time, it is also meant to be a critic on how you might have entirely thrown away players' confidence in spending money with you in the future.

It goes like this:

Have you considered how unethical it is to put enforcers shoes inside at such a high rate? It has only been less than 2 weeks ago that enforcer shoes was the low rate drop for OCP14. This means that you basically said [^_^] you to everyone that spent money to get those shoes not too long ago, especially since:

• the box price is lower than what we paid for ocp14. (the biggest f u)
  • I'd say the main prize of this box is mob scarf, a rare drop in the box, which you HOPE (and people definitely will) players will splurge on the boxes for, in order to get the scarf.
  • (A repeat point, but should be emphasized again), enforcer shoes have very good rates in this compared to OCP14.

With this 3 points combined, enforcer shoes has now flood the market while mobscarf desperate players generous spam boxes, basically screwing with the minds of everyone who has invested either cash or zeny in this pair of shoes earlier. This will only signal players that if you are desperate, anything goes. Who would have the confidence to buy your next product knowing you will screw them up as soon as you feel desperate?

Granted, past OCP items should be re-released from time to time so players got a chance to buy whatever they missed before, but this is definitely not the time for enforcer shoes; and at this particular rate. Moreover, there are tons of great older options that could have replaced this shoes at a lower/medium rate. I haven't seen a greater [^_^] you from the content publisher to players as great as this for quite some time, so this move alone will cost you a huge amount of spending players, I almost guarantee it.

Once again, Well done!

You know what this is a valid concern. It is a real concern about maintaining the rarity of value of a given item over time. Would you like to see items being given rarity bands that are published with each box going forward?

Example
S Class 0%-1%
Rare Class 1% - 2%
Semi Rare 2% - 5%
Uncommon 5% - 10%
Common 10+% 

?

Edited by VModCinnamon, 23 February 2018 - 03:51 AM.
Mod Edit: Edited in quote

#13 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:17 PM

Lol. That's worse than cylinder getting reintroduced. 

#14 Amongluttony

Amongluttony

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1649 posts
  • Server:Elitists player

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:19 PM

Who would have the confidence to buy your next product knowing you will screw them up as soon as you feel desperate?

To be honest this is happening since years ago even with lucky boxes, players know any item will become again next time with more high chance to get and now players must be know we will get even non-working gears but still you guys want to buy, so actually is not WP problem but players who still give the money...

#15 Rikhay_Lucabis

Rikhay_Lucabis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:19 PM

How do you think about people that spend ton of money still dont get mobs, and other just use 1 box get mobs scarf already???

Dont you think they still want to spend their money? 

No, they quit and you cant get additional money, and your company profit will lower....

#16 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:22 PM

You know what this is a valid concern. It is a real concern about maintaining the rarity of value of a given item over time. Would you like to see items being given rarity bands that are published with each box going forward?

Example
S Class 0%-1%
Rare Class 1% - 2%
Semi Rare 2% - 5%
Uncommon 5% - 10%
Common 10+% 

?

Yes, I would like to see this going forward.

Thanks for looking into it.

#17 mikkotinamide

mikkotinamide

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1391 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:24 PM

Example
S Class 0%-1%
Rare Class 1% - 2%
Semi Rare 2% - 5%
Uncommon 5% - 10%
Common 10+% 

?

So we're not going to do anything about this scam? As far as I can remember, this was the worst re-introduction of an OCP item. It's too soon and too huge of a difference in rates.

#18 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:25 PM

So we're not going to do anything about this scam? As far as I can remember, this was the worst re-introduction of an OCP item. It's too soon and too huge of a difference in rates.

The only thing they could do at this point is a rollback. I don't think that would help things.

#19 Kisats05

Kisats05

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationPayon Town
  • Server:Chaos x Thor

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:28 PM

Again, transparency issues...

#20 ilovemuffin

ilovemuffin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:28 PM

At the end of the day, a business goal is to profit. They've even put out disclaimers for this kind of bad decisions.

What this exposed is that WP is in dire need of financial support. Only weeks time has passed since the release of their money making product (OCP) and be it not received well by the consumers. It will resort to dish out another that will make ends meet. It's alarming that WP adequacy to shelve out cost of maintenance would only fall short to somewhat a month.

My take on this is that the end is near and if it's not doing you any good, we have the choice to leave.

We can only wonder how much time this (bad) decision have bought for us to play and enjoy before the inevitable demise.

Did not post this to contradict OP's argument, just giving some thoughts on the "doing business" side.

#21 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:29 PM

To be honest this is happening since years ago even with lucky boxes, players know any item will become again next time with more high chance to get and now players must be know we will get even non-working gears but still you guys want to buy, so actually is not WP problem but players who still give the money...

Yup, anything that comes once, can come at any other point in time. The "zeny value" of items is given by players anyways. Anything that you buy or not at this exact moment is subject  to become more or less common in the future, and it's price will change acordingly.

#22 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:29 PM

At the end of the day, a business goal is to profit. They've even put out disclaimers for this kind of bad decisions.

What this exposed is that WP is in dire need of financial support. Only weeks time has passed since the release of their money making product (OCP) and be it not received well by the consumers. It will resort to dish out another that will make ends meet. It's alarming that WP adequacy to shelve out cost of maintenance would only fall short to somewhat a month.

My take on this is that the end is near and if it's not doing you any good, we have the choice to leave.

We can only wonder how much time this (bad) decision have bought for us to play and enjoy before the inevitable demise.

Did not post this to contradict OP's argument, just giving some thoughts on the "doing business" side.

RO1 is in no danger of closing.

#23 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10856 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:30 PM

When people spend less money on Cash shop, then Cash items will become more expensive. 

What I always do is I only buy items that I use. I dont buy and resell or do risky investments especially you know what WP is like.  That's why I think I dont really suffer losses for cash shop re-introduction.

#24 Scrappy51

Scrappy51

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationShattered Space of Loneliness
  • Server:Not Found

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:33 PM

RIP Enfo Shoes...FRom S.Class to Super Common  :p_omg:

Couldve atleast make it Semi rare :p_sleep:

#25 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 07:37 PM

this is why i give up buying OCP pointing to cylinder then reintroduce at higher chance but this one time OCP is cool though hope they add FAW next time :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users