let buy shop able to buy BM/Gum, to stop fake vend price - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

let buy shop able to buy BM/Gum, to stop fake vend price

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JadeMountain

JadeMountain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 02:35 AM

as title said, buy is real, sell is fake due to 2.147B cap

if buyer set under zeny to buy, at least the rest buyer can rush in to buy

#2 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 February 2018 - 04:26 AM

Greetings,

Topic title has been mod edited, let's keep it this way to avoid misinformation.

I will elevate the issue with said vends as well to whom concerned, ultimately, it is something kRO must investigate to get this properly resolved.

In my opinion, there should be a "proper" check for Zeny cap and Zeny amount for items being listed to sale, that if the character is Zeny capped then the items should be de-listed immediately.

Moving topic to proposals and suggestions subsection.

#3 EmoMidget

EmoMidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGeffen
  • Server:Chaos, Transcendence

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:05 AM

In my opinion, there should be a "proper" check for Zeny cap and Zeny amount for items being listed to sale, that if the character is Zeny capped then the items should be de-listed immediately.

Seems good enough^

First a check to see if any item put up on vend when added to the existing zeny exceeds the zeny limit (individually) then that item cannot be put up for sale.

Next as soon as an item is sold a check is done for the remaining items such that if any one of the item's value + current zeny exceeds the zeny cap then it is de-listed. So this way your vend automatically closes incase no item can be sold.

This should definetly work but it's technical feasibility and execution 'MIGHT' be impossible/hard

#4 LordYggdrasill

LordYggdrasill

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2830 posts
  • LocationWelgaia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:08 AM

At least cinnamon is giving a positive answer that they may look into ways to get it done, so that’s something to feel good about. Hopefully there’s a way to solve the ad shop problem, it’s alright if a small number of rich veterans are showcasing their items but it becomes concerning if too many ppls are abusing this, even for consumables like bmx3, he bubble gum and safe certs.

#5 AlsonFam

AlsonFam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1181 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:35 AM

Make them can't vend if the item they sell exceed zeny cap. X (price of items to be vend) + Y (zeny on hold) = zeny cap.

Edited by AlsonFam, 26 February 2018 - 10:35 AM.

#6 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

Make them can't vend if the item they sell exceed zeny cap. X (price of items to be vend) + Y (zeny on hold) = zeny cap.

This would unfortunately affect legitimate sellers also.

I very often set up a shop that exceeds vend limit because I simply do not know what is going to sell and what isn't.

I could have 7-8 items and selling 4-5 of them would cap me. So I simply throw them all in there and transfer zeny whenever I cap and re-do shop.

Really doubt I'm the only one doing that.

#7 ShoLin

ShoLin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Quit

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:40 PM

So am I reading this right? Do you want to profit off people's mistakes?

Just look at what the average is yourself.

They should make an offer system.

#8 EmoMidget

EmoMidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGeffen

Posted 26 February 2018 - 05:46 PM

This would unfortunately affect legitimate sellers also.

I very often set up a shop that exceeds vend limit because I simply do not know what is going to sell and what isn't.

I could have 7-8 items and selling 4-5 of them would cap me. So I simply throw them all in there and transfer zeny whenever I cap and re-do shop.

Really doubt I'm the only one doing that.

Yeah, but if the check is done every time an item is sold such that if "any one item in the list + current zeny exceeds the limit then only that item is removed". So this way it wouldn't be affecting the normal vendors who hope to sell something costly. People won't be able to abuse it either. But it's feasibility is another question. This way the moment no more items can be sold vend automatically closes or if only cheaper consumables/stuff etc can be sold the costlier 'advertisements' will be pulled down.

Edited by EmoMidget, 26 February 2018 - 05:47 PM.

#9 yauhoilun

yauhoilun

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 07:32 PM

That’s what I said about auto close of shop once Zeny limit is reached. Ash the expert just shot me down and said it’s not a good idea but he didn’t offer any reason why that is or alternative solution...*shrug*...maybe he has some shops out there lol

Edited by yauhoilun, 26 February 2018 - 08:10 PM.

#10 Ecologist

Ecologist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 658 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:in Night Club

Posted 26 February 2018 - 08:29 PM

auto close of shop once Zeny limit is reached

+10

#11 Ilindith

Ilindith

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:38 PM

Yeah, but if the check is done every time an item is sold such that if "any one item in the list + current zeny exceeds the limit then only that item is removed". So this way it wouldn't be affecting the normal vendors who hope to sell something costly. People won't be able to abuse it either. But it's feasibility is another question. This way the moment no more items can be sold vend automatically closes or if only cheaper consumables/stuff etc can be sold the costlier 'advertisements' will be pulled down.

Somehow missed previous posts other than the one I replied to. Was probably not fully awake. Slightly better that way than just making a total of everything at shop opening.

Problem though, is that the issue originates from a third party resource being exploited, not the game itself. IMO not something they should react to or modify things around.

If there's anything they should modify, it's the basic system itself such as Zeny/Vend/Trade limit. Not if we can or cannot put items in a shop.

Issue would be non-existant if the data type for zeny had a 18,446,744,073,709,551,615 limit.

#12 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:26 PM

make it so they can still vend their items, sell it to players even when maxed zeny, but the zeny gain will be nothing if they have max zeny. 

instant zeny sink + removal of stupid max zeny vendors. 

let's see if there will still be a max zeny vendor. 

#13 EmoMidget

EmoMidget

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGeffen

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:09 PM

make it so they can still vend their items, sell it to players even when maxed zeny, but the zeny gain will be nothing if they have max zeny. 

instant zeny sink + removal of stupid max zeny vendors. 

let's see if there will still be a max zeny vendor. 

This would force everyone to make sure their items being vended "total worth" should be less than the zeny cap even if he has 0 zeny currently. basically this means someone can't even vend 3 FAWs at the same time :/ cause after 2 are sold the 3rd exceeds zeny limit purchase which will be sold for like the remaining zeny which is around 100-200m at current market price. But normally you'd wish to put up all of them at vend so that atleast one or 2 among the 3 would be sold.

#14 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 27 February 2018 - 06:14 PM

This would force everyone to make sure their items being vended "total worth" should be less than the zeny cap even if he has 0 zeny currently. basically this means someone can't even vend 3 FAWs at the same time :/ cause after 2 are sold the 3rd exceeds zeny limit purchase which will be sold for like the remaining zeny which is around 100-200m at current market price. But normally you'd wish to put up all of them at vend so that atleast one or 2 among the 3 would be sold.

create another merchant if you want to sell more. 

this would make vendors think before putting up a shop. 

#15 folkvangr

folkvangr

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1180 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:EAC suc

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:38 PM

or they should make vend closed when purchased item that over zeny limit. just like deal cancelled on trade char.

but yeah ability to vending item for 1 b worth while character only can hold 2.1 b max is pain in the butt, 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users