• 2738 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 27 February 2018 - 10:55 AM

DSPatchNotes.png

Maintenance Notes
Patch Version 0.6.40, Game Version: 10.2.0.21

Server Maintenance
2018-2-28, 12:00 Server Time

Note: Patch notes are subject to change.

DS-Events.png

Lunar New Year Event 2018
The Lunar New Year Event will end. The Bone Shaped Dog Biscuits can be still traded at NPC President Husky for another week.

Expert Mode Dungeons
- You can't enter Expert Mode Dungeon anymore if a weapon below Lv. 20 is equipped

- Equipping a weapon which is more than 10 levels below the Expert Mode Dungeon Level requirement a malus is given. The higher the difference of the weapon level to the dungeon level the higher is the malus

- bonus/malus values for enchanted weapons have been adjusted. The bonus/malus is applied on the final calculated enemy HP and the average enchant level of all party members is used.
If the average weapon enchant level  is +10 no bonus/malus is given. All enchant levels below (+0~+9) are giving a malus and every levels above (+11~+20) grant a bonus on the final enemy HP calculation.

DS-Changes.png

General Updates and Fixes
- the Kero and Cerberon preview have finally been fixed

General Information from the Dragon Saga Team
We are currently working hard to get the Arcadia Episode 3 update done so expect smaller patches until the Arcadia Episode 3 is released. Thank you for your understanding.

#2 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts
  • LocationZirothos entertainment Studio
  • Server:MLG PVE

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:07 AM

Expert Mode Dungeons
- You can't enter Expert Mode Dungeon anymore if a weapon below Lv. 20 is equipped

- Equipping a weapon which is more than 10 levels below the Expert Mode Dungeon Level requirement a malus is given. The higher the difference of the weapon level to the dungeon level the higher is the malus

- bonus/malus values for enchanted weapons have been adjusted. The bonus/malus is applied on the final calculated enemy HP and the average enchant level of all party members is used.
If the average weapon enchant level  is +10 no bonus/malus is given. All enchant levels below (+0~+9) are giving a malus and every levels above (+11~+20) grant a bonus on the final enemy HP calculation.

Just a big ??????????

Can you make it more clear cause halve of it i don't understand

#3 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts
  • LocationAmerica, Washington DC
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:09 AM

Now please try again for simple people. So when I enter Verdurous forest with a Pos +20 weapon will I get now a bonus for the enchant but a malus for the level difference or will I just disconnect from the game because I got no clue whats this about?  :heh:

#4 Dynasto

Dynasto

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:31 AM

Expert Mode Dungeons

-> this is clear

-> if you use a weapon which is 10 levels below the expert mode (for example lv 49 weapon for redfox expert) it means the dungeon is harder to clear. Its a disadvantage.

-> all weapons will added and multiplied with all group members (for example 20+5+14=39 -> 39/3 = 13). It means it gives a bonus on the final enemy Hp calculation. I think the bonus is ment positive because below level 10 it gives a malus which is bad.

Edited by Dynasto, 27 February 2018 - 11:34 AM.

#5 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:34 AM

Expert Mode Dungeons

-> this is clear

-> if you use a weapon which is 10 levels below the expert mode (for example lv 49 weapon for redfox expert) it means the dungeon is harder to clear. Its a disadvantage.

-> all weapons will added and multiplied with all group members (for example 20+5+14=39 -> 39/3 = 13). It means it gives a bonus on the final enemy Hp calculation. I think the bonus is ment positive because below level 10 it gives a malus which is bad.

yeah yeah so far I got that. what confuses me is this : The higher the difference of the weapon level to the dungeon level the higher is the malus  - does it mean only the difference from a lower level weapon to a higher level dungeon or it works in the oposite way too a higher lvl weapon and a lower dungeon.

Edited by Kristof3195, 27 February 2018 - 11:34 AM.

#6 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:37 AM

yeah yeah so far I got that. what confuses me is this : The higher the difference of the weapon level to the dungeon level the higher is the malus  - does it mean only the difference from a lower level weapon to a higher level dungeon or it works in the oposite way too a higher lvl weapon and a lower dungeon.

The context can be gotten from the part 

Equipping a weapon which is more than 10 levels below the Expert Mode Dungeon Level requirement a malus is given

Why should we punish someone who goes into the expert mode with actual gear equipped?

But to answer your question clearly, if affects only weapons which are BELOW the expert mode level of the dungeon, higher level weapons are not affected (that would not make any sense).

#7 Cronseria

Cronseria

I am New.

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:53 AM

Why did you changed Expert? Do you have a specific reason for it? 

btw nice Patch Notes, thank you   :p_smile:

#8 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:58 AM

First of all we thought that enchanted weapons should get some kind of advantage, especially since everyone can achieve to enchant their weapons these days.

The other change has been made because we think one mode where no gear is needed (F7) is enough. Also it is an expert mode. If you now go into Drakos with a Lv. 20 weapon and you manage to survive and finish it you can call yourself a real expert.  :heh:

#9 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:03 PM

If you now go into Drakos with a Lv. 20 weapon and you manage to survive and finish it you can call yourself a real expert.  :heh:

Challenge accepted. Make a medal for it. Fearless expert 

Edited by Kristof3195, 27 February 2018 - 12:05 PM.

#10 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:05 PM

Challenge accepted. 

me too xD but what will i get from it xD

#11 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:16 PM

Good idea, but I guess we can't add it before the Arcadia 3 release is live. But after that I would love to see a medal as you said:

Fearless Expert - Finish all Expert Mode Dungeons with a Level 20 weapon.

Nice idea.

#12 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:17 PM

ok thx

#13 Kristof3195

Kristof3195

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:19 PM

Yeah. Fist Harmony - Max hp reduction - Medal im coming! 

#14 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:22 PM

So what's the point of blocking level one weapons, couldn't they just be as bad as level 20 ones? Guess it doesn't matter either way.

I don't quite get the third point with the enchants. So weapons from 0-+9 give "malus" so less damage I'm guessing? But weapons from +11-+20 "grant a bonus to the final enemy hp calculation", guessing it's a bonus from the players perspective meaning the enemies have less hp?

#15 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:22 PM

i got a question is there a possibility to have lv 95 monster in the game XD so i can finish my  Fearless hunter kill monster 10 lv above you XD  9/10 XD stupid me dint finish it

Edited by zirothos, 27 February 2018 - 12:23 PM.

#16 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:30 PM

So what's the point of blocking level one weapons, couldn't they just be as bad as level 20 ones? Guess it doesn't matter either way.

I don't quite get the third point with the enchants. So weapons from 0-+9 give "malus" so less damage I'm guessing? But weapons from +11-+20 "grant a bonus to the final enemy hp calculation", guessing it's a bonus from the players perspective meaning the enemies have less hp?

Weapon Enchant 0~9 = Enemy has more HP (malus for you)
Weapon Enchant 10 = Enemy has "neutral" HP (neither malus nor bonus)

Weapon Enchant 11~20 Enemy has less HP (bonus for you)

i got a question is there a possibility to have lv 95 monster in the game XD so i can finish my  Fearless hunter kill monster 10 lv above you XD  9/10 XD stupid me dint finish it

If I manage to spawn you one I will do one day.  :heh:

#17 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:34 PM

hahahahahah :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :heh:  :no1:

#18 allerulz

allerulz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:22 PM

Although, I do think the journals need to be gone over again and get rid of old outdated medals like the JO-Jo brothers and things that can't be accomplished by your character. For example, if you are a magician, complete archer something or other (I can't remember what it says off the top of my head). I know I accomplished a lot of the medals but they have been reset on some things a couple times since I've been playing. Like Killing bone dragon. I've done it hundreds of times. And that was before it was changed due to massive lagging issues years ago.

#19 XiongmaoLin

XiongmaoLin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationEaster Forest
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:26 PM

That is at least solid proof that topics and messages are read and talked about. I will bask a few minutes in the feeling of supreme glory one experiences when one has a reason to think they were useful, however little a contribution this can represent and whether or not it all was bound to be brought up by a player or the other at some point.

Also a less time-consuming Cetirus is excellent news: I still need my 9 last levels and will happily hunt them in her lair next time an EXP event is decreed in the realm of Dragotaka.

#20 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 27 February 2018 - 01:42 PM

Woah, unexpected changes.

Although i am not quiet sure how much of an impact this one has.

as Overlord i can clear Drakos expert in an average time of 40-45 minutes (take time to pick up every loot) with my +20 PoS, so i look forward to test out the new scaling

#21 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 27 February 2018 - 02:41 PM

Good idea, but I guess we can't add it before the Arcadia 3 release is live. But after that I would love to see a medal as you said:

Fearless Expert - Finish all Expert Mode Dungeons with a Level 20 weapon.

Nice idea.

Don't dare people here Popcorn. You'd be surprised how many people do something if those medal's stats are worthwhile.

I myself never lowered my gear and stats for Expert mode. I like the idea of relying on manual dodging and seeing good boss hp.

I hope we see some real challenging foes in the new dungeon with Arcadia 3 if it has any.

#22 zirothos

zirothos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:13 PM

well i'm rank 2 in achievement point for a reason xD What ever medal he put in the game i will try to get them all For the pride of Medal Hunter.

AT the same time when you do the Fearless Expert medal. you can do a

New Guild medal > same like hunter medal add a 100/300/500/1000 guild quest done.

And after checking the Emporia medal. one of them seem a bit unfair> Dragon master > can only be gain if you are the guild master. And the question about the other Emporia medal, is the timer> what would happen if you get those medal '' for the point '' and the timer go out. you get the point again after getting them or you get the point only one time?.

#23 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:44 AM

Servers are back online.

Please update your game to version 0.6.40. The game client will be at version 10.2.0.21 after patching.

Enjoy.

#24 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:47 AM

Thanks for the update.

#25 Vossel

Vossel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 404 posts
  • Server:Overlord

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:06 PM

this is no complain, i just wanna state that the bonus for a +20 weapon is actually not that much for Overlord, just did Paris expert and the first form of paris had around the same hp and the second form around 500.000 less hp than before.

(from ~15million to 14.5 million).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users