9 replies to this topic

#1 pencil1234

pencil1234

I am New.

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:17 AM

What are you guys think about it?

I think it's time to start a new server. It will get lots of old players back to the game

#2 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:33 AM

I think it's time you get  a name change. 

Fresh start server would be a great idea, once they fix the dupes + crashing, and add in a 2v2, 3v3 arena PvP system. 

#3 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:31 AM

Registerd at almost same time he posts about fresh server, impressive...

#4 NigHHt

NigHHt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationCkuj Napoca
  • Server:Dragonis

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:33 AM

Agree , they shold make a fresh one and focus on that , people will not been able to dubbed items if there  is a new start , if dubbed are trying to dub on new server they can be more easly catch :)

+1 for this one ;)

#5 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:33 AM

Why would a new server be created when the last 2 for merged together already?

The games population, nor the staff (as in only genesis) is large enough to warrant a new server.

Edited by Phish, 28 February 2018 - 09:34 AM.

#6 Vaztus

Vaztus

I made it Off Topic

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:00 AM

Having a new server wouldn't get the old players back in the game. I wasn't around when there were still 2 servers for this game but i'm certain of one thing. when 2 servers get merged, it only means a decline in players and the cost of maintaining 2 servers for a declining population of players is getting high. if you want to get the old players back then developers have to address several issues like duping, critical bugs/exploits, character balances, gameplay improvements, etc..

So, in my opinion, adding a new server is just not feasible.

#7 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:39 AM

I would not like that at all honestly.   I don't think I have the energy anymore to start from scratch again. I did that in 2014 and don't care to revisit the experience lol

Also as Phish said, the player base is not large enough to warrant another server.

#8 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:01 AM

Precisely why I said, you'd need a much smaller PvP GA mode, and it'd only make sense if you planned on just letting Aura server rot with the broken economy, and only focus on maintaining the fresh start server. If they did that, they'd inevitably also lose players, again.

Point is, the game won't go anywhere until the dupes are fixed. And GA stops crashing. Neither of those things I think the DEV's know how to address. Wit the amount of time that's passed, I'd actually say in hindsight, recoding the entire storage / item / stacks system, would have been easier to do than trying to fix this one, single, issue. 

Also, I heard there was a lil fiasco earlier today in Junon while I was out getting some food and new hardware. Prime example of what I'm talking about, dupes are NOT fixed, and the staff's recent total silence on the issue only tells me one thing, they gave up, and they're hoping just banning those who get caught/reported will be enough. And it won't be. 

#9 charzlight

charzlight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:07 PM

3rd job will bring back the old players (:

#10 antsmeister

antsmeister

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEstonia
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 March 2018 - 03:49 AM

New server would only lose players (I wouldnt start all over again, because all the work I have done for my characters over years). Not to mention, when people already dupe on live server, they will probably do that in new server too. Adding extra content like 3rd jobs or any more ub3r gem's wont help. I met an old friend of mine who I played with many years ago, asked why they wont return, and what they said was kinda how alot of people feel. ''Im not the best anymore'' . We just push the end game further with every update which is damn retarded. Also people should not suffer because of dupers, locking items because they get duped? Duping shouldnt had happened in the first place.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users