[JRO] War of Emperium: Yggdrasil Edition - kRO/jRO Translation Station - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[JRO] War of Emperium: Yggdrasil Edition

21 replies to this topic

#1 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:58 AM

Dear moderators, please move this topic to translation station. Thank you.

War of Emperium: Yggdrasil Edition and a new server that everyone from all servers can join
kue8e600000304p6.jpg

- Japan's Ragnarok Online has scheduled release date of a new server "Yggdrasil", a server that connects people of all 13 servers (Urdr excluded), to be opened on April 10, 2018
- This was named "Lobby Server" before.
- Last week, a post by Sasakama-san at ro-blog said the dev team has finished the implementation of "Central Storage's Server Side Program (ワールド倉庫 - aka. a server storage which I think it maybe an obscure name)", a storage system of the Yggdrasil server which they haven't revealed its features yet. I guess it may contain items from all 13 servers that are currently open.
- However, since the dev team needs to ensure that the system won't go malfunction and cause player to loose lose their items, the test will be held internally on March 13.

- "Urdr" server by the way, is a PK server where players kill each other at anytime and anywhere (except Prontera) to collect fame that changes their names to be red color.

- The War of Emperium Yggdrasil Edition (攻城戦YE) is also announced to be held 2 times. First on April 15 (Sunday) and second on April 22 (Sunday).
- Rewards that players collect at the new server can be taken back to their original servers.
- On April 15 and 22, There won't be WoE and New WoE on normal servers active except Urdr. Players who acquired fortresses of WoE, New WoE won't be able to use the fortresses' features temporarily.
- War of Emperium TE on normal servers however, will be open as usual.
- Central Storage System is still in development and players won't be able to use it in the meantime. They will announce later when the system is ready enough.
- There won't be Doram race on the WoE event. The dev team needs to recheck and rebalance this race first.
(Doram race is a major update that will come to Japan's Ragnarok Online on April 3, 2018)
kue8e600000302rs.jpg

- Yggdrasil server will be open as free2play server. However, I guess the server maybe the same as their Second Costume Trial Server, a server that has only 1 island and 1 special dungeon.
- More information about rules and how to play can be read at the special page for Yggdrasil Server, which will be opened on April 5.

By the way, these are so cute. (ROxKumaMate collaboration event)
3d5736eb.gif
283ce5b4.gif
94ba93b8.png
a57fd7b6.png

Edited by OBBO, 13 March 2018 - 05:24 AM.

#2 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:20 AM

brace yourself!

OCP items for doram!

#3 heickelrrx

heickelrrx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Server:Valkriye

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:26 AM

wondering if the implement such thing here

what will happen

#4 YongkySH

YongkySH

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4113 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:30 AM

Too bad we aint getting that

#5 Silvianna

Silvianna

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2579 posts
  • Location-
  • Server:Quit

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:30 AM

hows normal woes in jRO based on your opinion Obbo ?

#6 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 03:49 AM

hows normal woes in jRO based on your opinion Obbo ?

WoE here is just like other servers around the world. It's something that attracts and boosts number of player which I can see it clearly that every evening of Saturday & Sunday, the population will raise from 900~1400 to 2100~2200. (Breidablik)

(900~1000 - can usually be seen every morning and night, 1400~1600 - can usually be seen every evening of days, this has been constant for 3 years at least)

This is the opinion of one who doesn't join WoE (and doesn't enjoy WoE at all - I can't compete my very very normal gameplay at WoE and PVP in this game, lol People will just 1-hit-KO me very very easily or trick me to deathblow constantly).

Edited by OBBO, 13 March 2018 - 03:53 AM.

#7 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 04:19 AM

brace yourself!

OCP items for doram!

This. I effin want a cat litter accessory for my doram!! Uryaaa!

#8 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:45 AM

Calling Hiss!

“- There won't be Doram race on the WoE event. The dev team needs to recheck and rebalance this race first.”

I guess he is right again that Doram is broke in WoE hahaha

#9 mildcontempt

mildcontempt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3483 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 March 2018 - 09:53 AM

So jRO has a way to connect all servers to a central one for competition. And a PK server.

And they (grav, jro, kro, whoever) choose to send us cash boxes with armor that has 2 MVP cards' worth of effects. 

Awesome. 

GIVE US THE STUFF THAT OFFERS GAMEPLAY 

#10 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 13 March 2018 - 10:26 AM

So jRO has a way to connect all servers to a central one for competition. And a PK server.

And they (grav, jro, kro, whoever) choose to send us cash boxes with armor that has 2 MVP cards' worth of effects.

Awesome.

Well, URDR is an old server about PKing. Didn't iRO get one or the west just didn't like PKs?

The server that connects every server is still at testing so it's not yet a finish product.

The server I was in before pRO was migrated has some PK maps too but it's not URDR. I haven't heard what happened to pRO's URDR server then. PK creates intense gameplays and drama as well.

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:27 PM

Well, URDR is an old server about PKing. Didn't iRO get one or the west just didn't like PKs?

The server that connects every server is still at testing so it's not yet a finish product.

The server I was in before pRO was migrated has some PK maps too but it's not URDR. I haven't heard what happened to pRO's URDR server then. PK creates intense gameplays and drama as well.

iRO has never had a PK server because the iRO team consists of carebears.

#12 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 01:45 PM

Calling Hiss!

“- There won't be Doram race on the WoE event. The dev team needs to recheck and rebalance this race first.”

I guess he is right again that Doram is broke in WoE hahaha

hahahaha

It's soo good to hear that comming from jRO devs ( It's fun,cause Doram is broken even for jRO and they don't have any Doram Exclusive gear).

BUT WAIT CHAKRI, DORAM IS BALANCED on iRO because 6 players said it is  :heh:

gg hissis again

I said 175 would make the PvP/WoE worse, i was right

I said Sura was broken years ago, some people said it was fine but in the end i was right 

I said jRO gears would destroy iRO PvP/WoE, everyone made fun of me and i was right

I said Doram was broken right after the release on kRO, everyone said i was crying but i'm right AGAIN

OMEGALUL

Thanks for the translation Obbo!

Edited by Hissis, 13 March 2018 - 01:51 PM.

#13 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10845 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:21 PM

hahahaha

It's soo good to hear that comming from jRO devs ( It's fun,cause Doram is broken even for jRO and they don't have any Doram Exclusive gear).

gg hissis again

I said Sura was broken years ago, some people said it was fine but in the end i was right 

I said jRO gears would destroy iRO PvP/WoE, everyone made fun of me and i was right

I said Doram was broken right after the release on kRO, everyone said i was crying but i'm right AGAIN

OMEGALUL

Sorry Hiss, I'm the reason why Sura and Doram cant be OP. I ate Suras and Dorams in WoE  :rice:

jRO gears balanced WoE but they also destroyed WoE because old decked out MvPs/Gods vets could no longer take advantages of their better gears to beat noobs. Now everyone can pretty much OHKO. I think this is fair lol

#14 ParkWonJae

ParkWonJae

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 13 March 2018 - 02:46 PM

pRO URDR was merged with Valhalla Server.

#15 deforte

deforte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:25 AM

im newbie in RO does PK server like PVP? you get rewards by killing people? like achievement or something? what is WOE? they said WOE is dead? is there a rewards in WOE?

#16 ChaoticRK

ChaoticRK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3228 posts
  • Locationprt_fild08

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:14 AM

iRO has never had a PK server because the iRO team consists of carebears.

That's too sad. But, violence is more prevalent on the western hemisphere or is it not the reason they disallow such things?

pRO URDR was merged with Valhalla Server.

I see. Never had the chance to play RO at the moment URDR came. It was the start of f2p RO in the Philippines. 

im newbie in RO does PK server like PVP? you get rewards by killing people? like achievement or something? what is WOE? they said WOE is dead? is there a rewards in WOE?

Nothing. It's just the same as PvP but you can be revived on the place or if you got tokens you can be resued. Not sure on this server though.

#17 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:14 AM

That's too sad. But, violence is more prevalent on the western hemisphere or is it not the reason they disallow such things?

The problem is that they've looked at other officials that have PVP servers and think that such servers won't be popular on iRO based on what they see in other officials. Because I guess they think the iRO community is no different from other officials even though iRO does a lot of localizations that makes iRO different from other officials. *shrugs*

#18 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 02:32 PM

Sorry Hiss, I'm the reason why Sura and Doram cant be OP. I ate Suras and Dorams in WoE  :rice:

jRO gears balanced WoE but they also destroyed WoE because old decked out MvPs/Gods vets could no longer take advantages of their better gears to beat noobs. Now everyone can pretty much OHKO. I think this is fair lol

That's Ok Chakri, i already accepted the fate that RO PvP/WoE is dead hence why i barely play anymore, i miss the good old days and even the bad days ( after 175 ).

:p_smile:

#19 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 11:58 PM

Awesome. 

If I remember it correctly, when I was training myself hard to be able to read Japanese, I saw the Lobby Server news since before 2017 while I was visiting Weekly RO Challenge website. Can't remember which link, I can only recall that it was an interview with the GM team of JRO.

So it has been in development for years. My guess is, they might have been messing around with the Aegis (an official Ragnarok Server program created by Kim Hakkyu when he was working at Gravity) because there was a page in WikiPedia said that the Aegis is much less efficient compared to e___ena which is (oops, moderator may snip this out, I'm sorry)

All the maps in the game are in PVP environment except Prontera (I guess).

I've found a blog that glanced at Urdr server before.

http://ro-pd.blog.jp...s/10457156.html

The server has very low population though, so low that it's hard to believe how can it lives up until now. Seems Japanese people don't like it.

Me too, entered it before and found a girl Arch Bishop with her name as red. That means she killed a lot of people before. Can't remember exactly how the mechanism of the server works but people kills for the fame point.

I was too chicken to explore more of the server (lol). Sorry that I can't provide much info. I just... would like to enjoy seeing girl characters' uniform...

Edit : https://ja.wikipedia...wiki/ラグナロクオンライン

It's called a Player Kill, Killer Point and Murderer System

Killer point is given if a player kills other player while meeting certain condition. (Killing other player also gives EXP) If Killer Point is 100 or higher, the character will become "Murderer" which can be noticed by the change of character's name. Usually displayed in white color but the murderer will be displayed as red.

As a murderer, experience gained is 2x and bonus stat points are given. There's also a top 10 killer rank that displays who kills the most in the server.

PK can't be done inside towns or some of the maps outside.

Edited by OBBO, 15 March 2018 - 12:24 AM.

#20 DataDrain

DataDrain

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1552 posts
  • LocationPadepokan Pencak Silat
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 March 2018 - 12:22 AM

hahahaha

gg hissis again

OMEGALUL

Change your siggy to "We are all Suram (Sura & Doram)" Hissis :heh:

I'll never forget your kitties exterminator video montage Chak, The kitties scaredy cat and panic expression are so funny :p_laugh:

#21 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 22 September 2018 - 02:03 AM

Think no need to open a new topic so let's append to this topic instead :

On September 4, 2018, Inter-server item transfer system is fully implemented.

I've tried it myself and it's really interesting. (It seems so many people have moved to Breidablik server because I see the sudden increase of population number)

0dnwv1S.jpg

This NPC allows player to enter a new storage room.

o23TINV.jpg

1. Yggdrasil's server storage <--- A storage that connects Yggdrasil's server storage

2. Inter-server storage <--- A storage that connects all 13 servers

3. Ask about type of storage

4. Cancel

After I chose 2., I put some of my items to the storage.

With its pink color, it's understandable that this is completely separated storage. (Usually blue - default skin)

LfP8iBL.jpg

Now, I logged in other server and create a new character.

vVpbHx9.jpg

Usage fee is 10,000 Zeny (Standard Plan). My items transfered from Breidablik are there to be withdrawn.

zUfMgdF.jpg

You may be confused. Yep, me too. I don't know why but after the inter-server storage is opened, I need to wait about 10 seconds before the items are available for me to withdraw.

Guess it is somekind of anti-cheat.

mrMM0Qh.jpg

There are restrictions : http://ro-blog.lived...es/5405429.html

For the summary,

- The GM team needs to be very very careful this system isn't going to destroy the game's market or causing inflation.

- All consumable items are not allowed.

- All etc. items are not allowed.

- All costumes are not allowed.

- Some items need player to pay for the "Expert Plan". For example, Avenger Weapons, BioLab. Nightmare Headgears, Glorious Gears and so on.

The Unfortunate Impact

Spoiler

Edited by OBBO, 22 September 2018 - 02:16 AM.

#22 BlackMeow

BlackMeow

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2929 posts
  • LocationTree
  • Server:Both

Posted 23 September 2018 - 12:18 AM

could've just merged the servers 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic