Battle Cleric Style Stats and Skills - Newbie Zone - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Battle Cleric Style Stats and Skills

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 FarukBaba

FarukBaba

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:08 AM

Hi guys,

I am pretty new to game and I'd like to build a Battle Cleric. I tried to look through web and this forum to find some information (stats, skills, etc.) but all I found was out-dated entries. I think the game has undergone many changes since 2010, so those information are kind of useless today. Of course I am not expecting anyone to write a guide for me here but if you guys can point out the most important points, like stats distribution, which skills to get, etc. that would be awesome.. 

For example I guess I am not going to get buffs since it wont be a support cleric, but shall I get heals? Or shall I get summon swords?

What skills should I use as offensive, would a battle cleric kill merely with auto wand attacks or shall I get some offensive skills too? 

How should be the stat distribution?

Thanks in advance for your valuable answers.

Regards..

#2 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 25 March 2018 - 07:08 AM

Hi and welcome to ROSE!

I've never made a battle cleric myself but a lot of people love them. They seem like they would be fun to play.  Not sure if you know this but we have a ROSE community Discord chat. Everyone is welcome to join and it's a good way to meet other players and to ask questions. Here is the info on the chat. You can join in a web browser if you don't want to get the app.

My name there is HB. Looking forward to meeting you!

#3 FarukBaba

FarukBaba

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 04:36 PM

Hi and welcome to ROSE!

I've never made a battle cleric myself but a lot of people love them. They seem like they would be fun to play.  Not sure if you know this but we have a ROSE community Discord chat. Everyone is welcome to join and it's a good way to meet other players and to ask questions. Here is the info on the chat. You can join in a web browser if you don't want to get the app.

My name there is HB. Looking forward to meeting you!

Ty HoneyBunz for your response.

I have already joined discord channel (FarukBaba). I have already asked sth but couldn't get an answer there, I believe it's about the time difference. Maybe it was a busy working hour or even sleeping time, lol. 

Anyways, I'll keep trying to get answer :)

#4 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

I'm guessing you are trying to level as a battle cleric? And are you trying to solo level? If the answer to those is yes then it might be a bit tricky.

The skills you will want regardless are:

• Mental Focus
  • Mana Bolt (level 1 only)

You want most of the offensive passives, block rate passives, and defense passive in the cleric tree (don't really need the magic defense passive in the common tree). You also wont necessarily need to max the range passive either. You can also consider getting voltage jolt/voltage storm and hellfire if you have the points.

In general you don't really want to take buffs on a battle cleric because there simply isn't enough skill points for everything and if you are learning all of the support cleric skills you might as well just focus on being a support cleric. Likewise, in order for your buffs to be strong you need high charm, but investing too much into charm will leave yourself doing less damage.  However, if you are intending on solo leveling as a battle cleric you can consider getting buffs at level 1 just to have access to them, but I don't particularly recommend it. 

Summons are weak and slow, and the ice dragon costs way too many skill points to get. Their stats are based on your own to an extent, but if you spend the points on getting summons, and spend points on getting buffs to buff them, you yourself end up being weak, therefor your summons are also weak as a result. 

You can considering getting some heals also, but for pvm purposes I would recommend getting salamander flames instead. You don't need to move that much while leveling and you set up 2 (eventually 4 of them) and you can do damage and get healed at the same time, not to mention any party members nearby will also get healed. 

As far as stats go it depends what you are doing (and Im assuming you are leveling) you want Int, Dex, Sen. If you dont take heals or buffs you dont need much charm, but you should still add a little, if you do take them, then you want more charm. Add some con as you see fit but accuracy isn't very important in pvm. Don't bother with str. 

#5 FarukBaba

FarukBaba

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:26 AM

Thank you very much Phish, this really helps a lot.

As far as stats go it depends what you are doing (and Im assuming you are leveling) you want Int, Dex, Sen. If you dont take heals or buffs you dont need much charm, but you should still add a little, if you do take them, then you want more charm. Add some con as you see fit but accuracy isn't very important in pvm. Don't bother with str. 

Here adding "a little" charm and adding some con as it "fits" confuses me. Since you might already have noticed, I have so little idea about the game and I mostly cannot decide how much charm correspond to "a little". Also similarly I possibly cannot know how much of a stat is just enough. How do you guys decide a particular amount of con or charm is just enough and you do not need to pump it further?

Lastly, is there a ratio that I can take as a reference for Int, dex and sen? For example is there a simple formula like, "give XX DEX and your INT should be twice of your SEN"?

#6 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 06:43 AM

Do something along the lines of 3 int/2 dex/1.5 sen as a reference.

Charm increases heal power, buff and debuff power, damage over time damage and crit defense. If you don't have heals or buffs, or hellfire, you can largely ignore it (As in maybe have 50-60 charm at level 250). If you do take heals / buffs you may want to keep charm about equal to dex in this case, but again that amount is subjective.

Con increase accuracy, but wands have the highest base accuracy if weapons and monsters have low dodge to begin with you can probably do without adding it.

#7 FarukBaba

FarukBaba

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 11:05 AM

Ty phish, that made my day!! Being an engineer in real life, I needed some numbers and ratios or formulas and you gave exactly what I needed :) 

#8 Phish

Phish

• Members
  • 3564 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:51 PM

Glad to have helped.

#9 OrangePotato

OrangePotato

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:50 AM

Hey guys, I'm also a fairly new player and I've been wanting to build my own support cleric.

So for a support type cleric. It's mostly Charm/Int ?

#10 FarukBaba

FarukBaba

I am New.

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:53 PM

Hey Orange,

I am not a pro (obviously) but as far as I know, charm increases the effect of your buffs and heals. So yes, your build should be mainly on Charm. Along with this, the weapon you use is one handed wand and they require a certain amount of Int. stat. What I do on my support cleric is to give just enough amount of Int in order to be able to equip my wand and spend rest of my stat points on charm. The resulting character is a full support cleric, which mainly buffs and heals the group/party and watches them fighting :) I do not have a good equipment set so  am not able to solo even one mob ^^ maybe with decent gear you can even survive and kill mobs one by one thanks to your flames and other self heals/buffs.

Again I should remind that this is just as far as I know, I am not an experienced player. I'm sure you get better advises from others:)

Good luck^^

#11 OrangePotato

OrangePotato

I am New.

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 09:14 PM

Hey Orange,

I am not a pro (obviously) but as far as I know, charm increases the effect of your buffs and heals. So yes, your build should be mainly on Charm. Along with this, the weapon you use is one handed wand and they require a certain amount of Int. stat. What I do on my support cleric is to give just enough amount of Int in order to be able to equip my wand and spend rest of my stat points on charm. The resulting character is a full support cleric, which mainly buffs and heals the group/party and watches them fighting :) I do not have a good equipment set so  am not able to solo even one mob ^^ maybe with decent gear you can even survive and kill mobs one by one thanks to your flames and other self heals/buffs.

Again I should remind that this is just as far as I know, I am not an experienced player. I'm sure you get better advises from others:)

Good luck^^

Thanks for that.

The Leprechaun Event Items gives tons of Charm so I'm looking for those with Charm Substats with some Defense or Dodge Rate.

But I'm still not feeling the buffs xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users